PDA

View Full Version : Sean Smith benched, Will Allen placed on IR

more cowbell
09-05-2010, 08:06 PM
Vontae Davis and Jason Allen are the starting CB's this week for Miami.

Whole not elite players, there is no reason we cannot beat this team. End of story. Jason Allen is a complete joke and our dysfunctional WR group should be able to get the best of him.

ChristopherWalken
09-05-2010, 08:10 PM
And the Bills are still a young team struggling for an identity.
NFL + Division Rival + Opening Day = Anything goes.

Can the Bills beat Miami? - sure...but let's not lose sight of reality. The Miami Dolphins are no slouch.

Nublar7
09-05-2010, 08:21 PM
Besides Evans, who else do the Bills have at WR?

Goobylal
09-05-2010, 08:30 PM
They have Roscoe Parrish in the slot, and he and Evans figure to be the guys who do the most damage (Steve Johnson will likely start opposite Evans, but will be there only to occupy the other CB and occasionally make a play) in Gailey's offense as receivers. I also think they'll have Spiller line up as a slot WR (and I think David Nelson will replace Johnson on the outside eventually).

I would LOVE for them to sign Housh, but I doubt it happens. They might as well have kept TO.

kelly2reed4six
09-05-2010, 08:35 PM

C.J. Spiller........this dude is going to make you guys pay in the passing game.....wait and see.

WeAreArthurMoates
09-05-2010, 09:01 PM

Well good thing that Miami only has one legit corner and one legit safety. Can't wait to see Yerimah covering CJ.

YardRat
09-05-2010, 09:48 PM
Right about now I'm thinking James Williams could come out of retirement and be able to blanket Steve Johnson.

better days
09-05-2010, 10:29 PM
And the Bills are still a young team struggling for an identity.
NFL + Division Rival + Opening Day = Anything goes.

Can the Bills beat Miami? - sure...but let's not lose sight of reality. The Miami Dolphins are no slouch.

Opening Day......................in Buffalo. The Fans will help the team with an identity. There could not be a better opening day matchup for the Bills.

BillsWin
09-05-2010, 11:33 PM
I think the Bills can pull this off, but Spiller is going to have to be very involved in both the pass and run game. Trent is going to have to not turn the ball over, and we have to disrupt Henne.

Henne isn't that good, but he isn't Mark Sanchez either. If he has time to throw he won't just hand us the game.

ServoBillieves
09-05-2010, 11:40 PM

Steve Johnson, Roscoe Parrish, David Nelson, Donald Jones.
Tight Ends are currently Jonathon Stupar and David Martin.
Running Backs are Fred Jackson, CJ Spiller and Marshawn Lynch.

Those are who might catch passes.

Whereas the Fins have Marshall, Hartline... a... u... uh... who?

Yeah. Let's see those guys against our CB's with whoever we want to throw at the fish and their secondary.

BertSquirtgum
09-05-2010, 11:43 PM
stop sticking up for your **** stain team. they are going to get pummeled on sunday.

get used to it.

more cowbell
09-06-2010, 12:09 AM

Our Recievers suck except for one...so do yours

Our QB is average...so is yours

We have 3 good RB's...you have two

We have a great Secondary...you have Jason Allen...enough said.

We have average linebackers except for one...so do you

We have an average defensive line...marques douglas starts for you....enough said.

We have a crappy offensive line...yours is pretty damn good

HOWEVER....

The Bills may not win many games this year...but this is going to be one we do win:gobills: :gobills: :gobills:

Barb
09-06-2010, 05:16 AM
Our Recievers suck except for one...so do yours

Our QB is average...so is yours

We have 3 good RB's...you have two

We have a great Secondary...you have Jason Allen...enough said.

We have average linebackers except for one...so do you

We have an average defensive line...marques douglas starts for you....enough said.

We have a crappy offensive line...yours is pretty damn good

HOWEVER....

The Bills may not win many games this year...but this is going to be one we do win:gobills: :gobills: :gobills:

i agree with some of this, but miami has a way better Dline and LBīs and we dont have to talk about the oline as you also mentioned the gap between them

psubills62
09-06-2010, 10:34 AM
i agree with some of this, but miami has a way better Dline and LBīs and we dont have to talk about the oline as you also mentioned the gap between them
Are you saying way better than last year or way better than Buffalo? If the former, I would question that...if the latter, then that's reasonable.

Mike13
09-06-2010, 10:36 AM
Just ****ing great.

LtFinFan66
09-06-2010, 02:19 PM
stop sticking up for your **** stain team. they are going to get pummeled on sunday.

get used to it.:rofl: Talk about a joke....giving a guy crap for sticking up for his team...:rofl:

huck1974
09-06-2010, 02:25 PM
Are you saying way better than last year or way better than Buffalo? If the former, I would question that...if the latter, then that's reasonable.

I would say both.

psubills62
09-06-2010, 02:59 PM
I would say both.

I would disagree with being "way better" than last year.

HHURRICANE
09-06-2010, 03:02 PM
:rofl: Talk about a joke....giving a guy crap for sticking up for his team...:rofl:

I think neither set of fans should be talking crap. I was on Fishzone and they seem pretty concerned.

This is the game that you don't bet on.

Nublar7
09-06-2010, 03:59 PM
Steve Johnson, Roscoe Parrish, David Nelson, Donald Jones.
Tight Ends are currently Jonathon Stupar and David Martin.
Running Backs are Fred Jackson, CJ Spiller and Marshawn Lynch.

Those are who might catch passes.

Whereas the Fins have Marshall, Hartline... a... u... uh... who?

Yeah. Let's see those guys against our CB's with whoever we want to throw at the fish and their secondary.Steve Johnson? The same Steve Johnson that in two years has 12 receptions for 112 yards and 2 touchdowns? Most of that actually came in 2008 as he only caught 2 passes for 10 yards last season.

Roscoe Parrish? Am I mistaken or did he only catch 3 passes last season? Also, this is the same guy over his five year career averages 20 catches a season.

David Nelson? An undrafted rookie who has never caught a NFL pass.

Donald Jones? See David Nelson.

Jonathon Stupar? Two seasons and he has 6 catches, 40 yards and ZERO touchdowns. Oh by the way he is your projected starter.

David Martin? Ok, I might give you this one. The Dolphins probably shouldn't have cut him in favor of Nalbone. From a fan's perspective that looked like a bad move but then again there are reports that say his fellow Dolphins teammates were not surprised with his release. Apparently he is not the same player he was in 2008(that is right, he missed all of 2009 with an injury) and he was definitley still hurting. I wouldn't expect much from him initially or potentially at all this season.

Fred Jackson? Is he even going to play Sunday for sure?

CJ Spiller? A rookie with a lot of potential. Still though, he is small and has NEVER had a meaningful handoff or reception. Unproven.

Marshawn Lynch? Doesn't want to be in Buffalo, and played like crap last year.

OK, so in conclusion I guess as a Dolphins fan my biggest concern out of the group you listed is the running back position. Jackson, who may not play, and Spiller who could be a very explosive running back, but hasn't even been in a regular season game yet. Lynch as far as I am concern posses no real threat. The wide receivers? Besides Evans, as I mentioned earlier, it doesn't appear like you have much of anything. Also doesn't look like you have much of anything at Tight End either.

I love how you mention Marshall(arguably the best receiver in the game) and then say "Who?" when you mention Hartline. This comes after you throw out names like Roscoe Parrish, David Nelson, Donald Jones, Jonathon Stupar and David Martin. :lol: Just so you know, Brian "who?" Hartline had 29 more catches last season than Parrish, Nelson, Jones, Stupar and Martin COMBINED. :lol:

You also seem to forget that we have Davone Bess, who had 76 receptions for 758 yards last season. In case you were not keeping track, that is better than what your number one receiver Lee Evans had last season.

Anthony Fasano, our tight end, struggled last season as he only had 31 receptions for 339 yards and two touchdowns. Still though, that was better then anything the Bills tight ends did last year. That was also considered an OFF year for Anthony.

We do have two undrafted free agent receivers on the roster in Moore and Wallace, but they will either be inactive on game days or on special teams. However, the Bills will be counting on undrafted guys to help out the passing game.

Lets not forget that Ricky Williams, Ronnie Brown(two former Pro Bowl running backs) and Patrick Cobbs all are effective in the passing game.

So again I ask, besides Evans, what else to the Bills have in the passing game?

Night Train
09-06-2010, 04:05 PM
If that's the case, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bills spread the field with a single RB & 4 WR's (no TE) to create a huge mismatch.