PDA

View Full Version : Who would you have picked for the fifth receiver spot?

Hogwasher
09-05-2010, 11:00 PM
I wanted Jones, but I did not expect it. Special teams must have been the difference. Who would you have picked, and why?

Beebe's Kid
09-05-2010, 11:12 PM
I would have taken the easy choice in Jackson.

I just thought he looked like he was poised for break out. I did not get to camp, I only watched the games. I read the reports everyday that said he was doing really well....it seemed like he was always catching something in the 7-7.

Also, personally, I would have loved to, for once, have us pick up somebody that Bellichik couldn't get production from, and ram it up his ass.

patmoran2006
09-06-2010, 12:08 AM
Jones.. and for ST reasons.

Like Chad Jackson, but they didnt need him.. Nelson showed the staff enough to warrant the 4th WR spot.

Eventually
09-06-2010, 01:12 AM
I wanted Jones, but I did not expect it. Special teams must have been the difference. Who would you have picked, and why?

Was just thinking about this and then saw your post, second time tonight something like this has happened. Guess some of us are thinking on similar wavelengths...not sure if that's a good or bad thing for any of us though, LOL

I thought Jackson looked good most of the time out there, and I wasn't all that impressed overall with Jones.

I believe Jackson led the team in receptions and yardage and looked like he still had his speed and made a few difficult catches, guess Gailey saw something in Jones he liked more..I'm guessing ST, if not then I don't have a guess

G Wolly
09-06-2010, 02:28 AM
Chaddy Jackson

YardRat
09-06-2010, 07:03 AM
Jackson, because nobody warranted a spot on this roster based on special teams play this preseason.

If your #5 wideout is going to be your st gunner, sign Aiken and drop Jones to the PS right now.

tampabay25690
09-06-2010, 09:04 AM
Would have probably kept Jackson and CUT STEVE JOHNSON to be honest.
I think him getting a starting job went to his head.
He has looked fair at best so far........
Hope he proves us wrong.........

My Starters would be Lee, Roscoe, Nelson and Chad Jackson...Jones as the #5....
But who am I....

Hogwasher
09-06-2010, 10:41 AM
Steve Johnson disappeared out there this preseason.

baalworship
09-06-2010, 11:57 AM
Hardy. He has been injured and many WR's especially large ones take a few years to mature. We are only going to win 3-5 games anyway.

Is it possible Hardy does nothing and wastes a roster spot? Yes but I would give him one more year.

Ebenezer
09-06-2010, 11:59 AM
At #5?? If you are that dependent on your #5 to win you a game then that doesn't say much about your top four.

Michael82
09-06-2010, 01:24 PM
I would have kept Hardy and given him one last chance. Jones didn't look good and like someone else said...our special teams was pathetic. I dont know why u would want to keep any of them.