PDA

View Full Version : Bills player on first four games "I'd be disappointed if we were 2-2."

BillsWin
09-05-2010, 11:25 PM
First four games are brutal. We know this.

Miami, Green Bay, New England and New York.

According to Clark Judge of CBS Sports, a player he does not name said:

"I'd be disappointed if we were 2-2,"

To which Mr. Judge responds:

You gotta be kidding. I'd throw a parade. The Bills may be fortunate to steal one victory.

So, my questions for you guys are:

A. Who do you think the player is?
B. Would you be happy with a 2-2 record in those games?
C. What is your prediction following those four games?
D. Who do you think we beat out of those teams?

better days
09-05-2010, 11:30 PM
I think the Bills beat Miami in the opener. I will have to see how that game goes before any further judgement.

Electrici
09-05-2010, 11:31 PM
A.) A rookie. not sure who, but a rookie.
B.) I'd consider it a success, so yes I would be happy with it.
C.) 2-2
D.) Miami, New York.

Mr. Pink
09-05-2010, 11:37 PM
It's probably Donte Whitner.

He's the only clown that makes stupid outlandish predictions.

Mad Max

a.) The player was Mr. A. Little Ferry who punts for the Bills inside Clark Judges head. (ie an imaginary player created for the purpose of writing an article)

b.) I would be ecstatic with that schedule. 1-3 or 0-4 would be a more reasonable guess.

c.) 1-3

d.) we may beat the fish.

Al the Bills Fan
If true, it sounds like the kinda nonsense that Donte Whitner has been noted for in the past

BillsWin
09-05-2010, 11:38 PM
I'd say A. Donte Whitner or Fred Jackson or a rookie
B. I would be very happy with 2-2.
C. 2-2 is possible
D. Miami and NY. I think opening day in Buffalo, and the Dolphins haven't looked great. You can steal that one. I have said this all along, the Jets are not that good. If we can run and our pass defense can harass Sanchez, that's win number two.

DrGraves
09-06-2010, 12:35 AM
1. cj spiller because he knows he is dirtier than barry sanders
2. i am disappointed at anything less than 4-0
3. easy, 4-0
4. we will **** on the dolphins, pats, pack, and jets.

DGreg
09-06-2010, 12:39 AM
obviously it is Aarron Maybin. He thinks any team he is on is going to celebrate victory due to his great play. He probably hi fived himself and did a victory dance after the statement.

NOT THE DUDE...
09-06-2010, 12:42 AM
aaron maybin or donte whitner! i love the bravado!

bosshogg21
09-06-2010, 12:58 AM
I don't know man. We almost beat the pats in NE with the corpse last year and his ****ty game plan. The pack can be beat if we can pressure Rogers and control the clock. We can hang with the fish and jets. I'm really getting tired of hearing that we are gonna win 5 games or less. There is and I repeat no way we are worse than last year.

Eventually
09-06-2010, 12:59 AM

LOL So funny, As I was reading the OP Whitner instantly came to mind

Dujek
09-06-2010, 03:29 AM
Either Whitner or Florence. Probably Whitner.

I'd be ecstatic, but it's not happening.

1-3

Dolphins

Buddo
09-06-2010, 03:47 AM
It can't be Maybin, as he is quoted as saying a 'Bills player', and Maybin doesn't qualify as yet. ;)
Probably Whitner, who at least has the good sense not to be pesonally quoted this time around.

Fins are definitely beatable. Jets also.
TBH, I think we have decent chances in all 4 games, the toughest being @ Patsies.
The Pack are talented, but can be rather variable, and we always seem to play them close. Historical matchups seem to continue somehow, a bit like divisional rivalries.
I also think it will take the Pats some time to get everything right in respect of their D, and if we can slow down their offence, we will have a chance.
The Jest are a lot of hype, except on defense now that Revis is back. Thing is, we will be running the football, not throwing it. Sanchez will have to hand the football off to beat us, as he will be picked off otherwise. The same can be said for Henne tbh.
2-2 would be an acceptable start, bearing in mind things then get somewhat 'easier' in respect of our schedule. If you want commitment as to which 2 will be wins, then the Fins and Jest.

TrEd FTW
09-06-2010, 04:13 AM
WTF do you want the player to say? "We suck. We're going 0-4"? It's not as if he guaranteed a 4-0 start or something dumb like that.

Of course, that's assuming this player even exists. Judge could be making the quote up for all we know.

kelly2reed4six
09-06-2010, 05:32 AM
I would be happy coming out of those games 2-2.....I would be THRILLED if those two wins were Division wins!

If we got two wins I would think they would be Miami and Jets. No way we beat GB. I think that team is going to come out and start right where they left off last year; just with a better defense. And NE, well, they're NE...they've had our number for a decade and that shouldn't change soon.

John Doe
09-06-2010, 06:29 AM
WTF do you want the player to say? "We suck. We're going 0-4"? It's not as if he guaranteed a 4-0 start or something dumb like that.

Agreed.

I want the Bills players to be disappointed with losing.

SquishDaFish
09-06-2010, 07:26 AM
A. Edwards or Jackson
B. I would be happy. But think 3-1 could happen on outside chance.
C. 2-2
D. Miami, NE

Turf
09-06-2010, 07:45 AM
I would hope any player on this team has the attitude that they would be pissed about being .500. I don' t see what all the hype is about.

THRILLHO
09-06-2010, 07:56 AM

The player is Lee Evans. He feels strongly about this team, and its good to see the confidence coming from our best offensive player. He prolly got it from the new coaches.

Id throw a parade as well at 2-2.

My prediction is 0-4 for these first four games. Miami is the only game we could almost win.

Jan Reimers
09-06-2010, 08:02 AM
This is a player whose whole life is wrapped up in the Bills, not some negative, cynical message board poster. Of course he would be disappointed to lose ANY game.

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-06-2010, 08:03 AM
Shouldn't you be disappointed if you weren't 4-0?

YardRat
09-06-2010, 08:09 AM

My guess is Whitner also.
I'd be OK with it, but expect worse and prefer better.
1-3.
Miami. Depending on what the defense shows, though, I think we've got a legitimate shot at taking out NE or NY also.

Historian
09-06-2010, 08:31 AM
"Let your actions speak so loudly they can't hear what you're saying." -Marv Levy

Night Train
09-06-2010, 09:03 AM
"Talk is cheap. Let's go play" ~ Johnny Unitas

tampabay25690
09-06-2010, 09:06 AM

Who the Player is WHO CARES........Whitner maybe...
I would be thrilled if we were 2-2
My prediction is 2-2 anyway
We will beat Miami and the JETS........

Buffalogic
09-06-2010, 09:42 AM
Shouldn't you be disappointed if you weren't 4-0?If you were some unrealistic fool maybe.

Nighthawk
09-06-2010, 09:43 AM

That's the first person who came to my mind.

SABuffalo786
09-06-2010, 11:48 AM

What's he going to say?

"Nope, we're dropping all 4. Haven't got a prayer"

Get ****ing real, dude. Good Lord...

better days
09-06-2010, 11:50 AM
"Let your actions speak so loudly they can't hear what you're saying." -Marv Levy

"Show me the baby" -Buddy Nix

baalworship
09-06-2010, 12:01 PM
I only think we win 3-5 games all year but Miami is one of the games I am counting as a win.

Thief
09-06-2010, 12:24 PM
Why would we want any of our players happy with 2-2?

Beebe's Kid
09-06-2010, 12:32 PM

.500 is an "outlandish prediction?"

Beebe's Kid
09-06-2010, 12:38 PM
If you were some unrealistic fool maybe.

Unrealistic fool? Man, you are on a message-board-tough-guy kick today, aren't you?

Anything but 4-0 would be unacceptable. Does that mean we go undefeated, no...but why would you look at your schedule and mentally defeat yourselves by calling any games automatic losses? You don't. You watch tape, study the the opponent, find their strengths/weaknesses, as well as your own, and gameplan accordingly.

If you don't win, you didn't do something correctly, which should make you go back and look at what you did wrong, and make sure you don't do it again.

That would be an approach along the lines of what Chan is going to take. That is one of the reasons for the drastic change from Redskins to Colts games this PS.

Dick would say "It's hard to win in the NFL," or "You'll have to ask Trent."

From what Gailey has said, when asked multiple times, you play believing you can win every game. That's win, which would be different than "not lose."

TheGhostofJimKelly
09-06-2010, 12:54 PM
If you were some unrealistic fool maybe.

So you want players that don't expect to win every game? No thanks to that, I want players that think they are going to win every snap and every game. I don't want the player that thinks they might win, should win, or hopefully win, I want the guy that thinks they will win every game.

Mr. Pink
09-06-2010, 01:38 PM
.500 is an "outlandish prediction?"

With our first 4 opponents it is.

The only game the Bills have a legitimate chance at winning is the opener vs Miami.

Green Bay at Lambeau? Yeah Ok. How about NE at Gillette? laughable. Jets in week 4? Revis will take away our entire passing offense outside of check downs to Spiller. So unless Spiller can pull 300 all purpose yards, we're not winning that one either.

So yes, 2-2 with who the first 4 opponents is outlandish and pretty much best case scenario.

Apparently even people on this board don't see the huge talent gap that a rebuilding team has against established teams.

mayotm
09-06-2010, 01:40 PM

The only game the Bills have a legitimate chance at winning is the opener vs Miami.

Green Bay at Lambeau? Yeah Ok. How about NE at Gillette? laughable. Jets in week 4? Revis will take away our entire passing offense outside of check downs to Spiller. So unless Spiller can pull 300 all purpose yards, we're not winning that one either.

So yes, 2-2 with who the first 4 opponents is outlandish and pretty much best case scenario.

Apparently even people on this board don't see the huge talent gap that a rebuilding team has against established teams.Thanks for setting everybody straight again Mr. Pink.

Mr. Pink
09-06-2010, 02:02 PM
Oh yeah, we're going 3-1.

Lee Evans will torch Revis, even though no WR last year got 100 yards against him.

Aaron Rodgers will throw 3 TD passes, 2 to Jarius Byrd.

Tom Brady will decide to call in sick.

psubills62
09-06-2010, 03:02 PM

Apparently even people on this board don't see the huge talent gap that a rebuilding team has against established teams.

It's unlikely, but no way is it outlandish. New England's defense has looked BAD so far this year. New York will be tough, but it's not like they blew us out of the water even in the game they won last year. Santonio Holmes won't play against us, and I doubt Pace will either.

HHURRICANE
09-06-2010, 03:16 PM
I predict that Whitner cries again this year.

SABuffalo786
09-06-2010, 03:51 PM
Oh yeah, we're going 3-1.

Lee Evans will torch Revis, even though no WR last year got 100 yards against him.

Aaron Rodgers will throw 3 TD passes, 2 to Jarius Byrd.

Tom Brady will decide to call in sick.

You must be a scream at parties.

christhebillsfan783
09-06-2010, 04:15 PM

Im sure Whitner would have made sure to let everyone know he said it. So i would cross him off the list.

ParanoidAndroid
09-06-2010, 05:28 PM
I think it was Dwan Edwards

We will be 2-2 and I will be mildly pleased.

Miami goes down in the opener and New England suffers it's first loss to B'lo in what seems like forever.

ServoBillieves
09-06-2010, 05:31 PM
We'll go 3-1 (GB is gonna beat us) in the first 4, then we'll continue to go 15-1, but will lose in the first round of the playoffs. Hey, I have to be realistic.

ublinkwescore
09-06-2010, 05:52 PM
A. Edwards or Jackson
B. I would be happy. But think 3-1 could happen on outside chance.
C. 2-2
D. Miami, NE

If we beat NE in their house, we'd better be at least 3-1 if not 4-0.

Novacane
09-06-2010, 08:17 PM
I hope it came from Trent Edwards. I'd like to see a little fire from him.
3-1 after 4 games. 3 division wins

New Ro's Greatest
09-07-2010, 08:01 AM
They should be disappointed! Whoever said that I give them props. It's time to start winning! GO BILLS!!!!!!!

OpIv37
09-07-2010, 08:12 AM

I was thinking it's definitely not Whitner.

If it was, he would have responded via Twitter with something Like "1st 4 gams? 4-0 baby! C U in da playofs!"