PDA

View Full Version : Multiple teams put in a claim on Urbik

X-Era
09-06-2010, 07:06 AM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Source-Kraig-Urbik-was-in-demand.html

mayotm
09-06-2010, 07:13 AM
I think that most fan are pleased with the move. However, you have to question why the Steelers were so quick to give up on him. Perhaps the change of scenery will do him good.

better days
09-06-2010, 08:03 AM
I think that most fan are pleased with the move. However, you have to question why the Steelers were so quick to give up on him. Perhaps the change of scenery will do him good.

From what I read, it was a numbers thing. They kept a guy that was more versitle & could play Guard or Tackle. Urbik can play anywhere on the interior but not tackle.

Jan Reimers
09-06-2010, 08:07 AM
He is still young enough to be viewed as having upside. Whether he actually does remains to be seen.

YardRat
09-06-2010, 08:11 AM
Good. Regardless of how he turns out, we ****ed Miami and NY out of a player they wanted.

Buddo
09-06-2010, 11:11 PM
Good. Regardless of how he turns out, we ****ed Miami and NY out of a player they wanted.

LMAO. I'd read the article twice, but didn't really make note of who we got ahead of before. Urbik is worth signing for that alone.

BillsWin
09-06-2010, 11:15 PM
Wouldn't that be awesome if he turned out to be a steal and becomes a good starter at right guard? We could move Wood to his natural position of center and have three big bruisers in the middle to help run the ball and hold off the big fattys that play NT in our division.

He got cut though, so I'm not sure there's a good chance that will happen. But, it would be great if it did. The guy is huge and had good ratings coming out of college.

Mad Max
09-06-2010, 11:20 PM
Wouldn't that be awesome if he turned out to be a steal and becomes a good starter at right guard? We could move Wood to his natural position of center and have three big bruisers in the middle to help run the ball and hold off the big fattys that play NT in our division.

He got cut though, so I'm not sure there's a good chance that will happen. But, it would be great if it did. The guy is huge and had good ratings coming out of college.

He looks like a big fatass doughboy, and Pittsburgh is in no position to be cutting quality Linemen. But whatever, not much to lose.

BertSquirtgum
09-07-2010, 01:09 AM

that would rock

Luisito23
09-07-2010, 06:49 AM
A win win situation really.