• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Multiple teams put in a claim on Urbik

Football betting news and picks with focus on NFL, college football and sports betting legalization updates across the United States.

• mayotm
    • Jul 2003

Re: Multiple teams put in a claim on Urbik

I think that most fan are pleased with the move. However, you have to question why the Steelers were so quick to give up on him. Perhaps the change of scenery will do him good.

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

Originally posted by mayotm
      I think that most fan are pleased with the move. However, you have to question why the Steelers were so quick to give up on him. Perhaps the change of scenery will do him good.
      From what I read, it was a numbers thing. They kept a guy that was more versitle & could play Guard or Tackle. Urbik can play anywhere on the interior but not tackle.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

He is still young enough to be viewed as having upside. Whether he actually does remains to be seen.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Good. Regardless of how he turns out, we ****ed Miami and NY out of a player they wanted.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Buddo
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by YardRat
            Good. Regardless of how he turns out, we ****ed Miami and NY out of a player they wanted.
            LMAO. I'd read the article twice, but didn't really make note of who we got ahead of before. Urbik is worth signing for that alone.

Comment

• BillsWin
              man amongst boys
              • Oct 2008

Wouldn't that be awesome if he turned out to be a steal and becomes a good starter at right guard? We could move Wood to his natural position of center and have three big bruisers in the middle to help run the ball and hold off the big fattys that play NT in our division.

He got cut though, so I'm not sure there's a good chance that will happen. But, it would be great if it did. The guy is huge and had good ratings coming out of college.
              Last edited by BillsWin; 09-06-2010, 11:16 PM.
              I am The Batman.

Comment

• Mad Max
                Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                • Mar 2003

Originally posted by BillsWin
                Wouldn't that be awesome if he turned out to be a steal and becomes a good starter at right guard? We could move Wood to his natural position of center and have three big bruisers in the middle to help run the ball and hold off the big fattys that play NT in our division.

He got cut though, so I'm not sure there's a good chance that will happen. But, it would be great if it did. The guy is huge and had good ratings coming out of college.
                He looks like a big fatass doughboy, and Pittsburgh is in no position to be cutting quality Linemen. But whatever, not much to lose.

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • May 2009

Originally posted by BillsWin

that would rock

Comment

• Luisito23
                    Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                    • Apr 2003

A win win situation really.
                    "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                    ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                    ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                    ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

Working...
                    X