PDA

View Full Version : Shady Business

ghz in pittsburgh
09-06-2010, 09:54 AM
I'm pretty sure our new TE's best contribution week 1 is not on the field. David Martin have to memerize the playbook first. Let alone practice and understand everything.

But he can certainly help the Bills defense by going over Dolphins playbook (and some of the finer points) which I'm sure he should remember like the back of his hands. It reminds me of the Lawyer acquisition 8 years ago which led to Bills only victory (a shutout rout no less) over the Pats this decade!

Of course Reggie Torbor and DC Edwards are both with the Phins last year. I'd imagine they've already done their part with Bills offense.

Nighthawk
09-06-2010, 10:05 AM
I'm sure they'll get every piece of info out of him they can. He was there recently, so his info would be more accurate and up-to-date then Torbor's or Edwards'. I'm just glad they picked up a guy who can play and help out the TE position...the other stuff is just frosting on the cake.

JCBills
09-06-2010, 10:37 AM
Hasn't he been out of football for a year?

Mike13
09-06-2010, 11:14 AM
Hasn't he been out of football for a year?

and we signed him earlier in TC.

Jan Reimers
09-06-2010, 11:17 AM
Didn't he miss the 2009 season with a knee injury?

Thief
09-06-2010, 12:27 PM
He was at their camp, in their meeting, and in their huddle all summer. How could that not help?

ServoBillieves
09-06-2010, 12:30 PM
Haven't the Patriots done this year in and year out?

Jan Reimers
09-06-2010, 12:33 PM
Yeah, Belis**t has turned it into an art form.

better days
09-06-2010, 12:34 PM

The difference is they pick up a scrub & often cut him after he spills the beans. This guy looks like he can help the team after week one.

huck1974
09-06-2010, 12:37 PM
The difference is they pick up a scrub & often cut him after he spills the beans. This guy looks like he can help the team after week one.

Doubt it. He has more than one health problem right now. He would still be a Dolphin. Players were not surprised at his release.

Thief
09-06-2010, 12:40 PM
Doubt it. He has more than one health problem right now. He would still be a Dolphin. Players were not surprised at his release.Oh, it was a conspiracy. They all acted surprised just to dupe the Bills into cutting JP foshi! Great plan for the Fins!

huck1974
09-06-2010, 12:48 PM
Oh, it was a conspiracy. They all acted surprised just to dupe the Bills into cutting JP foshi! Great plan for the Fins!

We were real excited to have him back. He produced nothing in preseason. He has slowed down. His knees are shot.

We were the only team that even called him in camp. He was basically retired. He will spill his guts and be gone in a couple of weeks unless your TE situation is really that bad. I don't think it is. He is there for informational purposes only. The Jests picked up one of our guys also for the same reason.

He had a good year in 08. He is washed up now. He was replaced with a Denver practice squad guy if that tells you anything.:cheers:

Thief
09-06-2010, 12:53 PM
He will spill his guts and be gone in a couple of weeks unless your TE situation is really that bad. I don't think it is. You must not be familiar with the legand known as JP Foschi, lol.

huck1974
09-06-2010, 01:01 PM
We just released a pretty solid LB. Maybe time to poach again.