PDA

View Full Version : Long not looking great for Sunday

Buddo
09-06-2010, 10:42 AM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=4712

Even if he plays, we might be able to give him some grief.
Fins do seem to be having some injury concerns atm.

Mike13
09-06-2010, 10:46 AM
What pass rush threats do you have? Dont take that as sarcasm, I am seriously asking you who is your best pass rusher.

mikemac2001
09-06-2010, 10:49 AM
What pass rush threats do you have? Dont take that as sarcasm, I am seriously asking you who is your best pass rusher.

give it a week to see what our D really looks like.......and ya we got maybin

hes the best ever (in his mind)

ZacGriffi~82
09-06-2010, 11:17 AM
we didn't ever blitz so it's hard to tell. i'm going to with Drayton Florence though. :p

Mike13
09-06-2010, 11:25 AM
we'll find out Wednesday, dont celebrate about against going against Lyndon Murtha until then.

IAG
09-06-2010, 11:31 AM
I bet he plays...hampered

mikemac2001
09-06-2010, 12:01 PM
we'll find out Wednesday, dont celebrate about against going against Lyndon Murtha until then.

he will play but id rather have an injured Long then a 100% long

only takes one or two mistakes to lose a game.

Bosco
09-06-2010, 01:11 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/M1k_1GukEwo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M1k_1GukEwo?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

better days
09-06-2010, 01:24 PM

Any threat of a rush will have to come from the blitz. I'm hoping to see it often. The Bills have the DB's to play the blitz.

Barb
09-06-2010, 01:50 PM
<object width="480" height="385">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M1k_1GukEwo?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></object>

for some reason long has problems with abraham, it was also this preseason week 3 game, where he didnt look that good

mayotm
09-06-2010, 01:53 PM
Come on Fins. The Bills suck, just ask anybody. You don't need Long to beat the Bills, so better to let him get healthy for week 2.

Barb
09-06-2010, 01:58 PM
well honestly, i dunno why he is already declared questionable to play ,because of missing one practice but beeing able to ride a stationary bike, he will play, he is a tough SOB , hasnt missed a start in 2 years, his only 2 years in the league btw, he will play

Mike13
09-06-2010, 03:06 PM
<OBJECT width=480 height=385>

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/M1k_1GukEwo?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></OBJECT></P>
and yet he's owned Mario Williams, Bart Scott, Suggs, etc.
But for some reason Abraham is his achilles heel.

mikemac2001
09-06-2010, 03:38 PM
</P>
and yet he's owned Mario Williams, Bart Scott, Suggs, etc.
But for some reason Abraham is his achilles heel.

that was a nasty play

not saying long sucks or anything but man he made him look bad.

Tatonka
09-06-2010, 03:43 PM
the bills best pass rusher is still aaron schobel.

Goobylal
09-06-2010, 07:24 PM
The Bills were already a lock to win this game before news of the Dols' already poor secondary getting even worse and Long possibly missing the game.

Nublar7
09-06-2010, 08:03 PM
The Bills were already a lock to win this game before news of the Dols' already poor secondary getting even worse and Long possibly missing the game.The Bills have a weak offensive line, no receivers besides Evans, a rookie starting at running back, a below average quarterback, no tight ends and a so so defense. Plus the special teams look like crap.

Even with all the injuries to our secondary and the question mark regarding Long(he will likely play though) the Bills are anything but a LOCK to win this game. In fact if any team is close to being a lock it would be the Dolphins. I know, the home team will be hyped, and the team wants to win Gailey that first game, and blah blah blah. Dolphins have the more talented team, and sometimes hype and will just can't beat talent.

Dolphins 31
Bills 17

Mr. Miyagi
09-06-2010, 08:06 PM
The Bills have a weak offensive line, no receivers besides Evans, a rookie starting at running back, a below average quarterback, no tight ends and a so so defense. Plus the special teams look like crap.

Even with all the injuries to our secondary and the question mark regarding Long(he will likely play though) the Bills are anything but a LOCK to win this game. In fact if any team is close to being a lock it would be the Dolphins. I know, the home team will be hyped, and the team wants to win Gailey that first game, and blah blah blah. Dolphins have the more talented team, and sometimes hype and will just can't beat talent.

Dolphins 31
Bills 17
Welcome back Troll. How was your summer?

YardRat
09-06-2010, 08:11 PM
Dolphins have the more talented team, and sometimes hype and will just can't beat talent.

I'll give the Dolphins the edge at OT and LBer, but that's about it. TE probably, also.

Nublar7
09-06-2010, 08:12 PM
Welcome back Troll. How was your summer?I guess our definition of a troll is different. I don't consider an opposing fan with a realistic view that contradicts the message board's home team views as being a troll. Now if I was hear saying over and over that "Bills suck" and adding no real value, then yes I would be a troll.

Also, I have been here on and off all summer, so there is no welcome back needed.

I do find it funny that you guys laugh at Dolphins fans thinking we are going to win this game. You say that we are overlooking the Bills or overestimating the Dolphins. Yet, almost every poster on this board when it comes to the game next Sunday is convinced the Bills will win. Perhaps you guys are overlooking the Dolphins and overestimating the Bills? Realistic I know, so I most be a troll.

Nublar7
09-06-2010, 08:13 PM
I'll give the Dolphins the edge at OT and LBer, but that's about it. TE probably, also.Really, you would take the Bills receivers over the Dolphins? :lol:

Turf
09-06-2010, 08:15 PM
The Bills have a weak offensive line, no receivers besides Evans, a rookie starting at running back, a below average quarterback, no tight ends and a so so defense. Plus the special teams look like crap.

Dolphins 31
Bills 17

Dolphins - Over rated, Will be overwhelmed.

CJ is going to burn you at least once.

The crowd is good for one.

You could barely beat Dicky.

Close till 3rd quarter.

42-17 Bills.

YardRat
09-06-2010, 08:16 PM
Really, you would take the Bills receivers over the Dolphins? :lol:

At this point I think it's a push. Hopefully by mid-season I can say 'hell yeah'.

Nublar7
09-06-2010, 08:20 PM
At this point I think it's a push. Hopefully by mid-season I can say 'hell yeah'.lol I am having a hard time writing a response because I am dying from laughter.

SABuffalo786
09-06-2010, 08:23 PM
lol I am having a hard time writing a response because I am dying from laughter.

You have Brandon Marshall, Davon Bess and a bunch of rookies. With Chad Henne throwing to them.

I'm not getting the superiority complex.

Goobylal
09-06-2010, 08:28 PM

Dolphins 31
Bills 17
Okay, "lock" was a bit strong, but the Bills will definitely win the game. The Bills destroyed the Dols in Buffalo last year with a much worse team from a coaching and personnel/injuries standpoint, while the Dols were almost completely healthy (save Ferguson, who is done anyway, and Grove who is inconsistent and injury-prone). As for pass-rush, Miami had 4 in pre-season while the Bills had 6. Looks like the pass-rushes for both teams left with Taylor/Porter and Schobel respectively. Meaning the secondary will be a major factor, and the Dols had the NFL's worst secondary last year, and it only figures to stay that way (they'll be worse, but they can't rank any lower than 32nd). Not to mention the Henne to Marshall connection fizzled.

Now, if the game were in Miami...

Nublar7
09-06-2010, 08:29 PM
You have Brandon Marshall, Davon Bess and a bunch of rookies. With Chad Henne throwing to them.

I'm not getting the superiority complex.Don't forget Brian Hartline. He had 29 more receptions then your top two tight ends(Stupar and Martin), and everyone one of your receivers(except Evans) COMBINED last season.

Marshall is arguably the best receiver in the game, and Davone Bess had more yards and catches than your #1 receiver Evans last season. It was also Chad Henne's first season as the starting QB.

The Bills receivers and Dolphins receivers are not even close in talent. That is not a homer or troll view, that is just a pure and simple fact.

SABuffalo786
09-06-2010, 08:38 PM
Don't forget Brian Hartline. He had 29 more receptions then your top two tight ends(Stupar and Martin), and everyone one of your receivers(except Evans) COMBINED last season.

Marshall is arguably the best receiver in the game, and Davone Bess had more yards and catches than your #1 receiver Evans last season. It was also Chad Henne's first season as the starting QB.

The Bills receivers and Dolphins receivers are not even close in talent. That is not a homer or troll view, that is just a pure and simple fact.

LOL. Andre Johnson just told me to tell you to STFU.

We also had a vegetable running the offense and Trent having a nervous breakdown.

WTF is talent as a measurable commodity? How do you quantify it into fact?

Goobylal
09-06-2010, 08:42 PM
As a group, I'd take Miami's WR's. But with Henne throwing to them, it gets knocked-down a peg or two.

Nublar7
09-06-2010, 08:42 PM
LOL. Andre Johnson just told me to tell you to STFU.

We also had a vegetable running the offense and Trent having a nervous breakdown.

WTF is talent as a measurable commodity? How do you quantify it into fact?I didn't say Marshall WAS the best, I said he was ARGUABLY the best. Some have him #1, some have Johnson and some have Fitzgerald. Personally, I would put Marshall at #3 behind those two.

So now that Dick is gone, Gailey is this magnificent genius? Trent has also been reborn as a passer?

Our receivers are more proven than yours. Ours have produced, you are basing your thoughts on potential. Not results.

Dr. Lecter
09-06-2010, 08:57 PM
I do think Miami has better receivers. No doubt there. The Bills have Evans and then nothing. Steve Johnson is not a #2. Parrish should be good in the slot, if used correctly. And then they have 2 UDRFA. Bills fans would laugh at Miami if that was their 4th and 5th guys. (and laugh at a guy with 12 career receptions as a #2)

But there is no argument for Marshall being the best. Johnson and Fitz are both clearly better.

psubills62
09-06-2010, 09:31 PM
The Dolphins receivers are obviously better than the Bills'. However, I find it amusing that Dolphins fans are dismissing someone like David Nelson. Of all people, they should know that UDFA's can come in and contribute to the receiving game (specifically Bess).

That being said...their WR's are better, but our secondary is much, much better. So it seems to be relatively balanced matchups on both sides.

SABuffalo786
09-06-2010, 09:36 PM
So now that Dick is gone, Gailey is this magnificent genius? Trent has also been reborn as a passer?

No but we have an actual human being calling plays. Dick was responsible for at least 2 losses a year for us. People think our team is putrid. It's not. It was mostly just our old coach.

Our receivers are more proven than yours. Ours have produced, you are basing your thoughts on potential. Not results.

Maybe, but not by the massive margin you're making it out to be.

You have Marshall and Bess. Not Rice and Swan.

huck1974
09-06-2010, 09:41 PM
No but we have an actual human being calling plays. Dick was responsible for at least 2 losses a year for us. People think our team is putrid. It's not. It was mostly just our old coach.

Maybe, but not by the massive margin you're making it out to be.

You have Marshall and Bess. Not Rice and Swan.

Nobody gives Hartline respect because he is white in a black mans world. He has speed.

Other than that, I have to agree with you.

Nublar7
09-08-2010, 10:42 AM
Long is practicing today. Should be good to go on Sunday.

HAMMER
09-08-2010, 11:03 AM
Long is practicing today. Should be good to go on Sunday.

That's good Nubby, I wouldn't want you to have any excuses when we beat you Sunday, NONE.

justasportsfan
09-08-2010, 11:18 AM
I wouldn't want you to have any excuses when we beat you Sunday, NONE.

you don't know nubby. He'll come up with something.

DraftBoy
09-08-2010, 11:20 AM
I didn't say Marshall WAS the best, I said he was ARGUABLY the best. Some have him #1, some have Johnson and some have Fitzgerald. Personally, I would put Marshall at #3 behind those two.

Who is arguing that he is the best, or lists him as the best? He's damn good, top 5 good when he wants to be. But the best? I dont think so.

justasportsfan
09-08-2010, 11:23 AM
Who is arguing that he is the best, or lists him as the best? He's damn good, top 5 good when he wants to be. But the best? I dont think so.

If you're a teal and orange dresser then you will argue he's the best.

Mike13
09-08-2010, 02:35 PM

It looks like he has wanted to be top five for the past 3 years.

In his age group, he is a top 3 WR(A. Johnson, Fitz, B-Marsh)
Overall he is a Top Five Wideout IMO.

better days
09-08-2010, 02:41 PM
It looks like he has wanted to be top five for the past 3 years.

In his age group, he is a top 3 WR(A. Johnson, Fitz, B-Marsh)
Overall he is a Top Five Wideout IMO.

So where is Randy Moss?

Mike13
09-08-2010, 08:43 PM
Moss isnt in his mid 20s, I sad in that age group, meaning young WRs in their prime.

I still think Moss is elite, he is just on the downswing of his career.

Barb
09-09-2010, 03:53 AM
The Dolphins receivers are obviously better than the Bills'. However, I find it amusing that Dolphins fans are dismissing someone like David Nelson. Of all people, they should know that UDFA's can come in and contribute to the receiving game (specifically Bess).

That being said...their WR's are better, but our secondary is much, much better. So it seems to be relatively balanced matchups on both sides.

how can you compare nelson to bess, when nelson has done nothing in this league yet to make a name for himself, d-bess has at least shown it already that he can play, nelson...in a real game..could he..maybe...did he..NOPE

Buffalo Thriller
09-09-2010, 07:08 AM
What pass rush threats do you have? Dont take that as sarcasm, I am seriously asking you who is your best pass rusher. Maybin maybe.

psubills62
09-09-2010, 08:39 AM
how can you compare nelson to bess, when nelson has done nothing in this league yet to make a name for himself, d-bess has at least shown it already that he can play, nelson...in a real game..could he..maybe...did he..NOPE

Because you totally missed my point. My point was that you can't just dismiss someone because they're an UDFA, as Bess showed in his rookie year. I never said Nelson has proven anything.