PDA

View Full Version : Brando Show rips the Bills on Sirrius.

HHURRICANE
09-06-2010, 10:58 AM
Don't shoot the messenger but basicallly said we were stupid for keeping Brohm over Brown. Ready for this? Said Brown had a "good pre-season".

As much as I believe Brohm is no better than 3rd string on this team Brown did absolutely nothing to earn a roster spot.

I'm so sick sick of the National media hating on us. The Lions have been atrocious this past decade and they get more respect than us.

I doubt this idiots even watched Brown or looked up his stats.

Jan Reimers
09-06-2010, 11:02 AM
I don't pay too much attention to the national "pundits" anymore. Until we start winning and making the playoffs again, we will not get any respect.

DMBcrew36
09-06-2010, 11:02 AM
Just a bunch of blah blah blah. And I've never heard of the 'Brando Show'.

HHURRICANE
09-06-2010, 11:03 AM
I just sent him an e-mail telling him he might want to watch the players before he comments. His college career is irrelevant.

Jan Reimers
09-06-2010, 11:04 AM
Oh. Tim Brando? What a jerk.

Novacane
09-06-2010, 11:13 AM
So he has nothing better to discuss on his show than the Bills 3rd string QB? What a loser.

Turf
09-06-2010, 11:17 AM
Amazing cause I watched all 4 games and Brown barely got to play or threw a pass. I can't see how he beat anyone out. Granted he didn't get much time. The absence of him on the practice squad would indicate to me other internal issues with him.

Ebenezer
09-06-2010, 11:18 AM
We are the fat kid down the street....low lying fruit ripe to be picked.

trapezeus
09-06-2010, 11:18 AM
the national media just doesnt care to investigate 3 minutes as to the CURRENT state of affairs. yes trent sucked last year. yes, the bills offense seemed to run plays out of only 3 formations and never more than 2 receivers on the field while carrying 6 receivers. That was LAST YEAR!

Now, we have a guy who seems to at least acknowledge game plans need to be changed during a game, trent has looked more confident, the running game is dramatically different, the bills seem to be run blocking better. i mean, there is some reason to believe this team will be different.

I just hope to god that Chan ends up with a better record than Shanihan, and then i want to see chan get zero credit from anyone.

The bills have to earn their time on the national media's radar. hopefully this is the year.

topher180
09-06-2010, 12:34 PM
the national media just doesnt care to investigate 3 minutes as to the CURRENT state of affairs. yes trent sucked last year. yes, the bills offense seemed to run plays out of only 3 formations and never more than 2 receivers on the field while carrying 6 receivers. That was LAST YEAR!

Now, we have a guy who seems to at least acknowledge game plans need to be changed during a game, trent has looked more confident, the running game is dramatically different, the bills seem to be run blocking better. i mean, there is some reason to believe this team will be different.

I just hope to god that Chan ends up with a better record than Shanihan, and then i want to see chan get zero credit from anyone.

The bills have to earn their time on the national media's radar. hopefully this is the year.

Dude, I'm sorry but it's not going to happen. It's not just about last year's (or decade's) ineptitude. First, it's Buffalo. It's not a major media market and the city has a shrinking population. Second, and most importantly, there are no stars on this team. There is nothing compelling or no character to get emotionally invested in. The Bills did get a little national attention last year.... due only to the T.O. signing.

Frankly, I think the bills need to have a few playoff appearances in relatively close proximity before they are taken seriously. When you are bad for so long, it's hard to turn the overall perception around, fair or not.

Like someone else eluded to, just stick to the regional coverage. Trying to look for some national love is just maddening.

better days
09-06-2010, 12:44 PM
Dude, I'm sorry but it's not going to happen. It's not just about last year's (or decade's) ineptitude. First, it's Buffalo. It's not a major media market and the city has a shrinking population. Second, and most importantly, there are no stars on this team. There is nothing compelling or no character to get emotionally invested in. The Bills did get a little national attention last year.... due only to the T.O. signing.

Frankly, I think the bills need to have a few playoff appearances in relatively close proximity before they are taken seriously. When you are bad for so long, it's hard to turn the overall perception around, fair or not.

Like someone else eluded to, just stick to the regional coverage. Trying to look for some national love is just maddening.

I guess you have not watched the preseason. Spiller is a budding STAR & is being recognized in the NATIONAL media as such.

The Bills had a good preseason & I have seen much less hate on TV lately.

Mr. Pink
09-06-2010, 12:47 PM

Has nothing to do that this is Buffalo.

It has everything to do with ZERO marquee players. ZERO playoffs in a decade. A poor owner who makes the franchise look dumb everytime he opens his mouth.

Winning and having a superstar make you relevant.

Is Green Bay a large market? Phoenix? Pittsburgh? New Orleans?

No, they're teams with marquee players who win.

better days
09-06-2010, 12:48 PM
Don't shoot the messenger but basicallly said we were stupid for keeping Brohm over Brown. Ready for this? Said Brown had a "good pre-season".

As much as I believe Brohm is no better than 3rd string on this team Brown did absolutely nothing to earn a roster spot.

I'm so sick sick of the National media hating on us. The Lions have been atrocious this past decade and they get more respect than us.

I doubt this idiots even watched Brown or looked up his stats.

I embrace the HATE. It will be SWEET when Chan turns this team around & makes the idiots eat crow.

topher180
09-06-2010, 12:51 PM
I guess you have not watched the preseason. Spiller is a budding STAR & is being recognized in the NATIONAL media as such.

The Bills had a good preseason & I have seen much less hate on TV lately.

LOL that didn't take long.

He has not done anything meaningful in the league. He is exciting and talented. He was highly regarded out of college. He is not a star. I bet you thought Paul Posluszny was a star too. What about Trent?

By your definition of a star dilutes the premise of one. Don't be so bitter dude, it will be ok.

better days
09-06-2010, 01:00 PM

He has not done anything meaningful in the league. He is exciting and talented. He was highly regarded out of college. He is not a star. I bet you thought Paul Posluszny was a star too. What about Trent?

By your definition of a star dilutes the premise of one. Don't be so bitter dude, it will be ok.

I said "BUDDING" STAR, as in about to be. I was PIZZED the 49ers took Willis & the Bills got stuck with Poz, but he is a solid player, will NEVER be a star. If you read any of my posts on Trent, you will know how I feel about him, I'm not a big fan.

topher180
09-06-2010, 01:48 PM
Has nothing to do that this is Buffalo.

It has everything to do with ZERO marquee players. ZERO playoffs in a decade. A poor owner who makes the franchise look dumb everytime he opens his mouth.

Winning and having a superstar make you relevant.

Is Green Bay a large market? Phoenix? Pittsburgh? New Orleans?

No, they're teams with marquee players who win.

Point noted. Conversely, even if the Cowboys or Giants are bad, they get national attention. Hence my original post. Buffalo is considered an outpost in the NFL, and unfortunately for use, is irrelevant.

PromoTheRobot
09-06-2010, 01:53 PM

Now "Spiller's done nothing in the regular season."

Later it's "Spiller's done nothing in the playoffs"

Later still "Spiller's done nothing in the Super Bowl"

Finally "Okay Spiller got lucky once being SB MVP and all. Let's see him do it again."

PTR

Mr. Pink
09-06-2010, 01:56 PM
Point noted. Conversely, even if the Cowboys or Giants are bad, they get national attention. Hence my original post. Buffalo is considered an outpost in the NFL, and unfortunately for use, is irrelevant.

Dallas gets national attention due to Jerry Jones.

I remember years where no one gave a crap about the Giants back when Dave Brown was there...but they are in a large market so when they're anywhere near a decent team they'll get publicity.

Teams in small markets only get publicity when they're good.

better days
09-06-2010, 02:02 PM
Now "Spiller's done nothing in the regular season."

Later it's "Spiller's done nothing in the playoffs"

Later still "Spiller's done nothing in the Super Bowl"

Finally "Okay Spiller got lucky once being SB MVP and all. Let's see him do it again."

PTR

I can't wait until the last line of your post. GO Bills.

HHURRICANE
09-06-2010, 02:55 PM
Let's be clear.

Our stupid owner has created alot of the bad press. The "cash to cap", his whinning at the owner's meetings, making it sound like our fans can barely rub two nickles together for a season ticket, hiring Marv Levy as GM, Brandon, Modrak.

The issue is when a National guy makes up crap it hurts us because some guy is sitting in Green Bay listening, and now repeating how stupid it was to cut Levi Brown.

better days
09-06-2010, 03:05 PM
Let's be clear.

Our stupid owner has created alot of the bad press. The "cash to cap", his whinning at the owner's meetings, making it sound like our fans can barely rub two nickles together for a season ticket, hiring Marv Levy as GM, Brandon, Modrak.

The issue is when a National guy makes up crap it hurts us because some guy is sitting in Green Bay listening, and now repeating how stupid it was to cut Levi Brown.

Agreed except about Ralph being stupid. The man is old & not as sharp as he once was, but MANY teams are using cash to cap, Ralph just articulated it.

Ralph was also right about the last CBA. At the time, the National media ridiculed him, but now ALL the owners are in agreement with him.

topher180
09-08-2010, 06:11 PM
Dallas gets national attention due to Jerry Jones.

I remember years where no one gave a crap about the Giants back when Dave Brown was there...but they are in a large market so when they're anywhere near a decent team they'll get publicity.

Teams in small markets only get publicity when they're good.

Ehhhh kind of my point. At any rate, we agree that there are no stars.

topher180
09-08-2010, 06:22 PM
I said "BUDDING" STAR, as in about to be. I was PIZZED the 49ers took Willis & the Bills got stuck with Poz, but he is a solid player, will NEVER be a star. If you read any of my posts on Trent, you will know how I feel about him, I'm not a big fan.

Good for you. You still don't really understand though. CJ Spiller is not a star in the NFL. He's on some people's radar, of course. We hope he will be a star. My point is that we have hoped for a lot of our draft picks to be stars and I don't need to tell you how many of them have turned out.

You said budding (this time in caps, with quotes, nice job champ) as a way to bail yourself out, because you know your argument is invalid. You really want to say that Spiller will save the franchise, is worth 5 wins on his own, is better than AP, blah, blah, blah, hoping that if you say stuff like that long enough...just one time....just once...it's going to be true.

Let me guess, you are so smart you hated the Lynch pick from day one, you knew J.P. was incapable of making quick decisions on the field, and you knew Whitner wasn't a playmaker. You have never, ever marked out this bad for a single Bills draft pick in your entire life.

better days
09-08-2010, 06:44 PM
Good for you. You still don't really understand though. CJ Spiller is not a star in the NFL. He's on some people's radar, of course. We hope he will be a star. My point is that we have hoped for a lot of our draft picks to be stars and I don't need to tell you how many of them have turned out.

You said budding (this time in caps, with quotes, nice job champ) as a way to bail yourself out, because you know your argument is invalid. You really want to say that Spiller will save the franchise, is worth 5 wins on his own, is better than AP, blah, blah, blah, hoping that if you say stuff like that long enough...just one time....just once...it's going to be true.

Let me guess, you are so smart you hated the Lynch pick from day one, you knew J.P. was incapable of making quick decisions on the field, and you knew Whitner wasn't a playmaker. You have never, ever marked out this bad for a single Bills draft pick in your entire life.

Well Kreskin stop trying to read my mind because you are not any good at it.

I put budding in caps in response to you because you were too stupid to understand it in my 1st post.

I will bet you that if he stays healthy Spiller will be a STAR for a number of years in the NFL & the National media is already taking notice of him.

I do not expext Spiller to lead the Bills to the Super Bowl this year but I would not be surprised if he helps them win a few games this year. He is a great draft pick & a player to build around.

topher180
09-08-2010, 08:33 PM
Well Kreskin stop trying to read my mind because you are not any good at it.

I put budding in caps in response to you because you were too stupid to understand it in my 1st post.

I will bet you that if he stays healthy Spiller will be a STAR for a number of years in the NFL & the National media is already taking notice of him.

I do not expext Spiller to lead the Bills to the Super Bowl this year but I would not be surprised if he helps them win a few games this year. He is a great draft pick & a player to build around.

Yup, you're right dude. I'm clearly stupid. I'm glad you capitalized STAR again for me. I didn't expext that, but it's much appreciated.

trapezeus
09-08-2010, 09:54 PM
buffalo the city is shrinking. western new york is relatively the same size. maybe a little smaller, but still a major area to market to.

if the bills win games, the national media covers it. green bay, minnesota, new orleans are all small towns with similar demographics or smaller than us.

we just have to win and win convincingly for half the season. if we are in the hunt, they'll cover us.