Bills add 2 to Practice Squad and a very interesting end to the Article!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bigbub2352
    • Feb 2005

Bills add 2 to Practice Squad and a very interesting end to the Article!

Bills add 2 to Practice Squad

and claim to have6 spots filled one of them a RB..contrary to reports out of WIVB about Bell in TB they claim we have him still interesting.....

Ilike these 2 pickups we keep adding size players instead of tweeners
    Last edited by bigbub2352; 09-06-2010, 12:34 PM.
    XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Re: Bills add 2 to Practice Squad and a very interesting end to the Article!

WR Paul Hubbard and LB John Russell.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
      Peterman Sucks!
      • Mar 2006

Hubbard blows. Saw some of him in 2008. Was shocked then that Cleveland even bothered putting him on the PS back then.

He's a guy who won't contribute anything.

But it's only the PS so it doesn't really matter who goes there.

Comment

• bigbub2352
        • Feb 2005

Western New York’s number one source for daily sports talk and play-by-play as the flagship station of the Bills and Sabres. Stream, read and download WGR 550 AM from any device on Audacy
        XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

I think the Bell rumor is BS.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
            Hubbard blows. Saw some of him in 2008. Was shocked then that Cleveland even bothered putting him on the PS back then.

He's a guy who won't contribute anything.

But it's only the PS so it doesn't really matter who goes there.
            Everybody blows... We tried like hell to lock up Larry Fitzgerald for the PS, but surprise, surprise...another failure by this FO when will they get anything right!?!?

Bell listed on the PS is part on an intricate conspiracy, destroy any message containing that bad information. He has signed with TB for 75 million for 2 years, we will rue the day this guy got away...if he did...we don't really know.

Comment

• bigbub2352
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
              I have to agree this article was written well after i seen it reported on WIVB channel 4 news locally here in buffalo and they would have confirmed i think right in this article if it were true
              XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

280 lbs? Is that John Russell's weight, or JaMarcus'?
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• John Doe
                  Florida Man
                  • Jul 2002

It looks like teams were looking to develop Russel at a number of positions. His versatility is perfect for the Practice Squad - he can give the scout team lot of different "looks."

Originally posted by Draft Nasty Interview
                  Q: Rumor has it you recently worked out as a DE, DT, LB, TE, and FB. This not only shows your versatility, but gives you a little added value and exposure as an athlete. Was this something you were a bit surprised about or was this something discussed prior to the workout?
                  A: I had been told from a few teams that they wanted to look at me as an H-back or fullback. They also talked to me about playing around the 260 range for those positions. Mostly teams have talked about me playing my natural position which is DE/DT. Coming in I was a bit surprise they made me do the actual drills, but it was a great experience and opportunity. I got a chance to catch a few passes despite dropping two of them, but I did have a great catch along the sideline. The drills were a bit challenging because they were all new to me, but as the drills progressed I begin to get a better feel for what I was doing. The scouts told me they liked the way I adapted simply because my first rep was always better than the second one. I think that’s what a few teams will be looking for flexibility and comprehension. I feel like I was able to do that well.

http://arrowheadaddict.com/2010/08/0...b-john-russel/
                  Last edited by John Doe; 09-06-2010, 01:04 PM.

Comment

• Buddo
                    • Mar 2007

Originally posted by YardRat
                    280 lbs? Is that John Russell's weight, or JaMarcus'?
                    I'd guess it's John's. Jamarcus is probably twice that now.

FWIW, the original article from bb.com, says that Russell is a former college DT, making the switch to LB.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                      I checked the Bucs board, just to see what was being said...

The conspiracy is deeper than we thought.

It alleges the Bucs put a claim on RB:
                      Kregg Lumpkin

There are several comments by the professional talent evaluators, and all seem to agree, "This guy sucks." They were hoping we would cut CJ and they could pluck him off the wire. This proves we aren't the only fans that complain about every little move, even one as important as PS RB.

There was one fan insistent that they should have grabbed Bell, our "Diamond in the Rough," on the our beloved Buffalo Bills. He made several good points, including: "The guy can rip off 20yd runs."

At first glance, Bell is safe, and we have pulled a fast one on the rest of the league, but look closer... Who would be named Kregg Lumpkin? That, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, is a fictitious name.

What is really happening here? Did we trade Lynch, who is going by "Kregg Lumpkin" to avoid outstanding warrants on his trip to Florida? Who do you think we got in return? Maybe there was a third team involved? Speculation?

I think we probably got ____________. Either way he's no good, a career hack, a bum, he'll never do anything, etc etc.

Interesting how, even on Labor Day the Bills are working hard to **** our lives.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                        Peterman Sucks!
                        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid
                        Everybody blows... We tried like hell to lock up Larry Fitzgerald for the PS, but surprise, surprise...another failure by this FO when will they get anything right!?!?

Bell listed on the PS is part on an intricate conspiracy, destroy any message containing that bad information. He has signed with TB for 75 million for 2 years, we will rue the day this guy got away...if he did...we don't really know.

Way to interject some sarcasm...it was very needed and added a lot to the discussion.

The PS should be for players you can develop or think you can develop, at least I thought that was the point of it. Paul Hubbard is someone who will never develop into anything passed grocery bagger.

It's a shame about not adding Larry Fitzgerald to the PS, he may become big in a year or two.

If you have nothing of value to add to the discussion, don't bother. It's good to see you get thanked for being a sarcastic schmuck in favor of someone who's actually seen Hubbard play...or attempt to play though.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid
                          I checked the Bucs board, just to see what was being said...

The conspiracy is deeper than we thought.

It alleges the Bucs put a claim on RB:
                          Kregg Lumpkin

There are several comments by the professional talent evaluators, and all seem to agree, "This guy sucks." They were hoping we would cut CJ and they could pluck him off the wire. This proves we aren't the only fans that complain about every little move, even one as important as PS RB.

There was one fan insistent that they should have grabbed Bell, our "Diamond in the Rough," on the our beloved Buffalo Bills. He made several good points, including: "The guy can rip off 20yd runs."

At first glance, Bell is safe, and we have pulled a fast one on the rest of the league, but look closer... Who would be named Kregg Lumpkin? That, ladies and gentlemen of the jury, is a fictitious name.

What is really happening here? Did we trade Lynch, who is going by "Kregg Lumpkin" to avoid outstanding warrants on his trip to Florida? Who do you think we got in return? Maybe there was a third team involved? Speculation?

I think we probably got ____________. Either way he's no good, a career hack, a bum, he'll never do anything, etc etc.

Interesting how, even on Labor Day the Bills are working hard to **** our lives.

Comment

• mayotm
                            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                            Way to interject some sarcasm...it was very needed and added a lot to the discussion.

The PS should be for players you can develop or think you can develop, at least I thought that was the point of it. Paul Hubbard is someone who will never develop into anything passed grocery bagger.

It's a shame about not adding Larry Fitzgerald to the PS, he may become big in a year or two.

If you have nothing of value to add to the discussion, don't bother. It's good to see you get thanked for being a sarcastic schmuck in favor of someone who's actually seen Hubbard play...or attempt to play though.
                            Is sarcasm really any worse than your constant negativity?

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                              Peterman Sucks!
                              • Mar 2006

Originally posted by mayotm
                              Is sarcasm really any worse than your constant negativity?

Reality can be a real pain in the ass can't it?

Put it this way...we released a WR that looks like Jerry Rice in comparison to Paul Hubbard. He had size too!

I may have over exaggerated James Hardys' skills there, but he is a much more talented player than Paul Hubbard.

Comment

Working...
                              X