PDA

View Full Version : The Bills #2 QB

YardRat
09-06-2010, 04:16 PM
http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/09/06/the-bills-2-qb/

Chan Gailey confirmed who the number two quarterback is for his team heading into the season.
When asked who his backup signal caller is, the Bills head coach gave a one word answer.
“Fitz,” he said.

Ebenezer
09-06-2010, 04:20 PM
no brainer

Night Train
09-06-2010, 04:21 PM
Here we go.

X-Era
09-06-2010, 04:24 PM
It really doesn't matter who is where.

As of right now we don't have a franchise QB on this roster. At that point it makes little difference.

TacklingDummy
09-06-2010, 04:25 PM
Crap

Ebenezer
09-06-2010, 04:31 PM
Crap
Who do you think should be #2?

seanbillsfan
09-06-2010, 04:34 PM
Doesn't really matter all 3 will make at least one start this season due to injuries. We might even have to bring Craig Nall back to take some snaps

BertSquirtgum
09-06-2010, 04:35 PM
we have a fresh piece of feces as our #2 quarterback, great.

BertSquirtgum
09-06-2010, 04:36 PM

jp losman

mikemac2001
09-06-2010, 04:40 PM
Who cares, if edwards sucks he will shoot to number 3 or will be cut

then fitz will suck for a few weeks then they will say hey season is over lets give that brohm guy a shot and then if he sucks we draft a QB and if he doesnt we have a QB

if edwards doesn't suck.....everything else doesn't matter

plus don't need a qb controversy week 1

TacklingDummy
09-06-2010, 04:50 PM
Give Brohm or Brown a shot.

Ebenezer
09-06-2010, 04:51 PM
Give Brohm or Brown a shot.
32 Front offices would appear to disagree with you on Brown.

30 Front offices passed on giving Brohm a shot.

I think they might have a little better idea than posters on a message board. This isn't high school...you don't "get a shot".

TacklingDummy
09-06-2010, 05:01 PM

I think they might have a little better idea than posters on a message board. This isn't high school...you don't "get a shot".

Wow, are you going to pull out the "my dad can beat up your dad" argument next?

mikemac2001
09-06-2010, 05:01 PM

You don't know that....so don't make **** up

TacklingDummy
09-06-2010, 05:02 PM
Good thing the Patriots gave Brady a shot.

BertSquirtgum
09-06-2010, 05:04 PM
lets bring back vinny testaverde.

TacklingDummy
09-06-2010, 05:04 PM

Brown will never make it through waivers to get him on the PS...he will be on the final 53.
:lmao:

Ebenezer
09-06-2010, 05:08 PM
:lmao:
fine...they disagreed with me, too...I'm not here three days after the fact calling for Brown to be the #2...

Nighthawk
09-06-2010, 05:10 PM
Here is a simple point that everybody should be aware of...if Fitz was the answer should Edwards go down, then Brohm would not have been kept. If Edwards fails or is hurt for a long period of time, they will give Brohm a shot...that is pretty much certain.

TacklingDummy
09-06-2010, 05:14 PM
fine...they disagreed with me, too...I'm not here three days after the fact calling for Brown to be the #2...

It's not so much for calling Brown to be #2, it's more to do with the bum Fitz being #2.

There's no potential in Fitz, we already know what he is.

trapezeus
09-06-2010, 05:17 PM
kids, we are 0-0, and have a healthy edwards... the posts above suggest we are in the midst of a downfall. all that can happen, but here at week 1, let's give some good vibes and just see if we win.

Nighthawk
09-06-2010, 05:19 PM
It's not so much for calling Brown to be #2, it's more to do with the bum Fitz being #2.

There's no potential in Fitz, we already know what he is.

I've said it time and time again, this is less to do with Brohm/Brown and more to do with Fitz just not being good enough.

Ebenezer
09-06-2010, 05:19 PM
I've said it time and time again, this is less to do with Brohm/Brown and more to do with Fitz just not being good enough.
who cares...if it isn't TE then it isn't on the roster...Brown isn't good enough...32 teams disagreed with me!

TacklingDummy
09-06-2010, 05:23 PM
who cares...if it isn't TE then it isn't on the roster...Brown isn't good enough...32 teams disagreed with me!

32 teams disagreed 198 times about Brady. That doesn't make them right.

Ebenezer
09-06-2010, 05:24 PM
he was still drafted and kept on a roster...you make it sound like he was cut 198 times...that is not true...

ServoBillieves
09-06-2010, 05:27 PM
Fitz is a good BACKUP, as in, "Trent is doing good, but in case he needs a breather or gets nicked, let's send in Fitzy to run some plays." Fitzy is not a STARTER. Big ol' difference in the two.

I am more than happy to have Fitz as a backup, but the second that we start throwing him in at 14:49 in the first quarter, then we're boned.

Nighthawk
09-06-2010, 05:28 PM

Again Eb, not the point. People are pissed that the Bills kept Fitz on this roster during the offseason and did not sign a better option as a backup QB. This has nothing to do with Brohm or Brown.

X-Era
09-06-2010, 05:38 PM
So, on this team, with our QB situation, we draft the guy, cut him, and don't even invite him to our PS? What does that say about how we felt about this guy?

So, even though we obviously didn't think much of him, we should bring him back anyways?

Look, I disagree with keeping Fitz. But, I can understand that a HC may think he gives you a better chance to win if Edwards goes down. Vet experience, blah, blah , blah. I dont see the point in what's likely a losing season. It's the Holcomb situation all over. But whatever. I like Brohm, they liked him enough to keep him over a guy they drafted, and he's ahead of Brown in experience. We kept him to continue to evaluate him.

But, the truth is, I could easily see none of these guys on our roster at the start of next year. Edwards contract is up, as is Brohm's. Fitz is signed through 2011 and has the best chance to still be here.

Our first pick next year could easily be a QB, and how important will Brohm vs. Brown be at that point?

X-Era
09-06-2010, 05:40 PM
Again Eb, not the point. People are pissed that the Bills kept Fitz on this roster during the offseason and did not sign a better option as a backup QB. This has nothing to do with Brohm or Brown.

Im not. We had him under contract.

The last thing I want is to be signing Derek Anderson's with the thought that they are "serviceable" which will equal nothing in Buffalo.

Night Train
09-06-2010, 05:47 PM
Dan Manucci

Thief
09-06-2010, 07:11 PM
If Brohm and Brown have no chance of ever being good, I guess we better cut Fred Jackson.

Beebe's Kid
09-07-2010, 08:58 AM
he was still drafted and kept on a roster...you make it sound like he was cut 198 times...that is not true...

This is good stuff...

You enter the thread, you lay the bait...then you circle and wait for a Brohm supporter...and when he shows up.

BOOM!!

You hit him with the same tired argument about people passing on Brohm and you use you "logic" about the teams that passed, and how he got cut...

Wasn't he at least good enough to make the PS? Didn't GB try to keep him?

He has not been with out work...he hasn't bagged groceries, although that doesn't mean your through.

I think we all get that you don't like Brohm, but when people use the same, seriously flawed, "logic" that you use to bash Brohm, to defend him. You don't get to say "nuh-uh, that's not the same."

HHURRICANE
09-07-2010, 09:20 AM
Fitz is a good BACKUP, as in, "Trent is doing good, but in case he needs a breather or gets nicked, let's send in Fitzy to run some plays." Fitzy is not a STARTER. Big ol' difference in the two.

I am more than happy to have Fitz as a backup, but the second that we start throwing him in at 14:49 in the first quarter, then we're boned.

Great post!

HHURRICANE
09-07-2010, 09:26 AM
I can't believe we are still talking about this.

Edwards is the starter. If Edwards struggles we do not have anybody better on the roster. End of story.

If he gets hurt than Fitzpatrick is the most qualified and talented backup.

This is why Brohm is #3. he's not going to ever be the starter here. Period.

bluerosekiller
09-07-2010, 09:57 AM
I honestly don't see what all the uproar is about.

Personally, I'm happy with Fitz as the #2 guy at QB based on what we've seen of him last season & during the preseason.
I mean, it's not as if this team totally collapsed with him under center last year when Edwards was yanked. He came in under difficult circumstances ( first for the horrific Jauron & then for a rather mediocre at best interim coach with basically noone as his OC ) & won us some games. A rather impressive feat really all things considered.

Do I want to see him start?
Hell no. I still believe that Edwards will turn out to be a good QB with the proper coaching molding him, but I trust Fitz to come if need be & be able to run the offense in a competent enough manner to win until Edwards can get back in there.

Thief
09-07-2010, 11:32 AM
I personally think we should cut every second round, or later, pic ever. Afterall, every team passed on them. Right?

better days
09-07-2010, 11:45 AM
I can't believe we are still talking about this.

Edwards is the starter. If Edwards struggles we do not have anybody better on the roster. End of story.

If he gets hurt than Fitzpatrick is the most qualified and talented backup.

This is why Brohm is #3. he's not going to ever be the starter here. Period.

Well Trent might still suck against 3-4 defenses or he could get injured.

That would move Fitz to #1 & Brohm to #2. An injury to Fitz & Brohm is the starter. And as others have said the Bills kept Brohm to further develop & evaluate. He could end up as a starter down the road.........you never know.

Bill Cody
09-07-2010, 11:55 AM

Talk about semantics. For the record, teams passed on Fitz over 200 times before he was finally picked in the 7th round. The team that drafted him gave up on him and traded him. The team that traded for him released him. This came down to a simple "player A has more experience than player B". Can't argue with that. Having said that if I had to choose based on who I think gives us a better chance to win if/when Edwards goes down I'd take Brohm, inexperience and all. Fitz is a smart QB and a good leader with a rag arm, Brohm has more upside IMO.