PDA

View Full Version : So what has Trent changed this off-season

ghz in pittsburgh
09-06-2010, 05:47 PM
http://www.buffalobills.com/media-lounge/videos/Chan-Gailey-Monday-Update/e1f2239b-ad34-4b42-b2b6-3285c3060fdc

Of course he's not saying much at all, but he did slip a little in his briefing. Something like "understanding that routes and protections go hand in hand."

I know it's not really earth shattering but it could be something important to Trent. People call him captain checkdown, implying that he wants to get rid of the ball quick. What Gailey is saying is that the QB needs to understand the protection scheme and know what kind of time it can give him. On the other hand, you call the routes your receivers are running and know what kind of time it takes to get the throwing window. When a QB can match these two together in live situation, he should make a pretty good decision.

In today's NFL, the protection scheme is mostly called at the LOS based on pre-snap look. The routes are adjusted based on coverage. A lot is going through a QB's mind right around snap time. We'll see if Trent is indeed taking what we've seen in pre-season to the real ones coming Sunday.

YardRat
09-06-2010, 06:26 PM
I just hope our o-line holds up.

BertSquirtgum
09-06-2010, 06:36 PM
i hope trent holds up. otherwise. we're totally ****ed.

Oldbillsfan
09-06-2010, 06:43 PM
Here's to captain sideburns not getting hurt

ublinkwescore
09-06-2010, 06:55 PM
chan gailey is such a breath of fresh air over Dick Moron.

EDS
09-07-2010, 07:52 AM
The real issue will be whether Trent trusts the offensive line. If he doesn't then he will be back to captain checkdown pretty quick.

Buffalo Thriller
09-07-2010, 05:47 PM
We can sit here all we want and talk. The fact is: Trent is the best we got, and thats not saying much. We will see what happens but we need a franchise type of QB. Trent isnt it. Just my opinion.

TrEd FTW
09-07-2010, 06:00 PM
Here's to captain sideburns not getting hurt

Or Sergeant Sideburns if we want to stick with the alliterative theme.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
09-07-2010, 06:49 PM
until he wins some games with some balls he is Sissy Sideburns to me

ublinkwescore
09-07-2010, 06:56 PM
it's the hair, he's trying to steal some of troy polamalu's thunder. He wants his own head & shoulders commercial.

Or maybe he's the Samson of the NFL.