PDA

View Full Version : I think that Gailey has much, much more up his sleeves

BillsWin
09-06-2010, 05:57 PM
I was pleasantly surprised with the quality and diversity of play calling by Gailey over the course of the preseason. We saw things that haven't been run much in Buffalo since the *gulp* Jauron era *throw up* began. Screens, slants, play actions etc.

Well I think the Bills are just getting started on showing off their play book.

What we saw offensively and defensively could have been a very simple, vanilla version of what we may see starting Sunday.

It's more than possible that Gailey wasn't showing his hand during the exhibition games, and was saving the best for the season. In fact, it's a good bet that that's what he was doing.

I think a new coaching staff really helps the Bills this Sunday against Miami. There isn't a lot of film on the "new" Bills and if Chan really is an offensive guru it wouldn't shock me if the Bills surprised people this season.

Just a few years ago the Dolphins went 1-15. They got a new coaching staff, brought in a lot of young, depth players from around the league and the new coaching staff completely altered the mentality and playing-style of a franchise. The next season, that team went 11-5 and won the division.

Anything is possible. I doubt we make the playoffs, but I don't see why we can't play above the level that many think we are at.

If Gailey has some good stuff up his sleeves we could do some damage.

Starting with the nasty phish.

Squish em boys! :clap:

Nighthawk
09-06-2010, 06:57 PM
It's argueable that Gailey is a better coach then Sparano...anything is possible, but it is unlikely they have that type of turnaround.

Night Train
09-06-2010, 07:04 PM
Single Back (Spiller) 4 WR (no TE) spread vs. Miami, to take advantage of all the Miami CB injuries.

Quick hitters to set up the draw/delays to Spiller.

Beebe's Kid
09-06-2010, 07:17 PM
I will predict that Lynch/Jackson takes a handoff, and they throw a screen to Spiller.

cocamide
09-06-2010, 09:56 PM
4-5 plays of the wildcat.

BillsWin
09-06-2010, 10:15 PM
play action deep pass to Spiller. There isn't a linebacker out there that's going to catch that kid in a foot race.

casdhf
09-06-2010, 10:18 PM
We need to convert 3rd downs. And no more 3 and outs.

Luisito23
09-07-2010, 07:16 AM
No more settling for FG's either CAS!!!

mayotm
09-07-2010, 08:27 AM
It's imperative to eliminate all the negative plays. Pre-snap penalties, sacks, etc. At this point, the Bills aren't good enough to overcome those situatinos. They need to stay in manageable downs and distances. I think is a real key for the offense to be successfuly.