• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • homeslice5484
    • Jul 2008

Spiller Starting KR

KR Depth Chart: Spiller, Jones, Lynch, McKelvin, Jackson
    PR: Roscoe, Spiller, McKelvin

Lynch doing Kickoffs and Jones before McKelvin...they must really want McKelvin to focus on CB only and Jackson to focus on offense.

• Beebe's Kid
    • Nov 2009

Re: Spiller Starting KR

Spiller KR = Championship!!

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
      Will not tolerate vandalism.
      • Apr 2006

Is that a risk they really want to take?

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
        Hall of Fame Zoner
        • Jan 2010

DRAFTED THE BILLS IN MY FANTASY LEAGUE FOR SPECIAL TEAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• cpearl
          • Mar 2005

Don't worry about injuries. You put your best players in the best positions to succeed. And CJ is our best kick returner by far!

Comment

• psubills62
            Legendary Zoner
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Johnny Bugmenot
            Is that a risk they really want to take?
            Maybe it's just me...but I just don't understand this fear that players are going to get injured on KR's and PR's. How often does that happen? Wouldn't people rather put the ball in the hands of their playmakers? Do injuries happen more often on kickoff returns than in normal gameplay?
            "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
            - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

Originally posted by psubills62
              Maybe it's just me...but I just don't understand this fear that players are going to get injured on KR's and PR's. How often does that happen? Wouldn't people rather put the ball in the hands of their playmakers? Do injuries happen more often on kickoff returns than in normal gameplay?
              I'm kind of torn between wanting to see the big, game-changing return, and the risk of injury. But there probably is at least an equal injury risk every time an RB runs the ball from the line of scrimmage.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• psubills62
                Legendary Zoner
                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                I'm kind of torn between wanting to see the big, game-changing return, and the risk of injury. But there probably is at least an equal injury risk every time an RB runs the ball from the line of scrimmage.
                Right. Granted, on kick returns the players usually meet each other with a lot more momentum than on normal running plays. But the "worrying about injuries" part just never really got to me. You play the game to win, and if Spiller gives us the best chance for field position in the kick return game...go with him.
                - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                  Sab and TD are insignificant
                  • Sep 2002

good point, also consider that spiller is at his best when given a little space - well what better way to get him the ball in open space than to have him return kicks?
                  www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                    • May 2003

Also, Gailey doesn't seem too concerned about injuries. To him, it's a tough game played by tough guys, and injuries are just part of it.
                    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Mahdi
                      • Mar 2004

I think the risk of injury is higher because of the speed the defending team builds up on the way to the ball carrier.

I would rather not see Spiller on KR.

Comment

• OpIv37
                        Acid Douching Asswipe
                        • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                        I think a kick return is much more likely to result in an injury than a typical carry by an RB, due to the speed of the players running at each other. However, there might be 4 or 5 returns for each team during a game, some of which are touchbacks, versus 25+ running plays. So when the additional attempts are factored in, he's probably no more or less likely to get hurt returning a kick than on a play from scrimmage.

However, I am afraid that they are going to wear him out. Hopefully the coaches won't be shy about putting in Lynch or Jackson. And hopefully they aren't stupid about only using certain personnel for certain plays like previous coaches who shall not be named.
                        MiKiDo Facebook
                        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• psubills62
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Mahdi
                          I think the risk of injury is higher because of the speed the defending team builds up on the way to the ball carrier.

I would rather not see Spiller on KR.
                          Your point makes sense, but 1) I think Spiller is good enough to not run into people coming at him full speed, and 2) it doesn't seem like players tend to get more injured on KR and PR than in normal gameplay. I think the blockers are more apt to get injured than the return man. They're actually trying to run into those guys, whereas Spiller would be avoiding them.
                          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• wmoz11
                            • Sep 2008

You don't draft a guy like Spiller that early and then play him in a traditional RB role. He's not going to get enough carries, a la Ryan Matthews, to live up to his draft status. He needs to be utilized extensively in the passing game and in the return game.

Comment

• madness
                              • Apr 2003

No way I'm going to keep the NCAA record holder off the field during KR's.

Comment

Working...
                              X