Parcells steps aside in Miami full-time; Ireland assumes control of football ops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hydro
    • Oct 2005

Parcells steps aside in Miami full-time; Ireland assumes control of football ops

1. TimGrahamESPN
      Cont'd: This was the intent of the structure put in place in the past. Bill Parcells will remain with the club on a daily consultant basis. 7 minutes ago via web
    2. TimGrahamESPN
      Statement from Dolphins: Effective immediately, Jeff Ireland will assume full control over all aspects and decisions ... 7 minutes ago via web
    BERNIAC!
  • BuffaloBlitz83
    We play to win the game!
    • Oct 2009

Re: Parcells stepping down from Day to Day Job

Awesome

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
      We play to win the game!
      • Oct 2009

Way to keep it classy Bill. Stepping down, 5 days before season starts. LOL

Comment

• Coach Sal
        • Aug 2006

Team says it was planned this way all along, but something smells a bit "fishy" (pun intended):

Maybe a little more Miami disarray before Sunday?!
        Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
        And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage

Comment

• Luisito23
          Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
          • Apr 2003

Re: Parcells steps aside in Miami full-time; Ireland assumes control of football ops

Good!
          "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
          ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
          ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
          ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

Re: Parcells steps aside in Miami full-time; Ireland assumes control of football ops

Goodbye, Tuna breath.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Nublar7
              • Oct 2004

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83
              Way to keep it classy Bill. Stepping down, 5 days before season starts. LOL
              He really isn't stepping down, just giving Jeff Ireland full control. Parcells is still with the team and going to have a voice.

Timing is not that odd, because it really is the end of the personal year. The draft is over, so is free agency, and the 53 man roster is set. This is Sparano's time of year. Now, all work from Parcells and Ireland's end of things is getting ready for the 2011 offseason. Not surprised at the timing at all.

Comment

• Nublar7
                • Oct 2004

Not really that surprising. This was the plan from day one and the timing is perfect in terms of the NFL calendar. The draft and free agency are over and the 53 man roster is set. All work from that side of the team from now on is preparing for the 2011 offseason. What he is basically doing is taking the training wheels off of Ireland for next year.

Parcells is still with the team, it just means that Ireland doesn't have to run everything by him first.
                Last edited by Nublar7; 09-07-2010, 05:01 PM.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

In terms of FO people, Nublar is 100% right, its the start of a new year with the scouting ranks getting going and the timing makes perfect sense. I cant see anyway how this should or would affect the Dolphins on the field since they likely have little to no interaction daily with Parcells.
                  COMING SOON...
                  Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                  We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• trapezeus
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Oct 2004

i would have thought parcells would have stayed through the CBA and give some guidance that way.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                      Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                      In terms of FO people, Nublar is 100% right, its the start of a new year with the scouting ranks getting going and the timing makes perfect sense. I cant see anyway how this should or would affect the Dolphins on the field since they likely have little to no interaction daily with Parcells.
                      Yeah, but the national media is always telling us how Parcells makes them better?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                        • May 2003

Parcells is a genius, don't you know?
                        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Nighthawk

Yeah, but the national media is always telling us how Parcells makes them better?
                          He does and he will continue to do so, you seem to think he is no longer going to be affiliated somehow. That's not what this is, he is simply going to a consultant type position, as opposed to actually pulling the lever, he is simply advising on it now.
                          COMING SOON...
                          Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                          We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Nighthawk
                            Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                            He does and he will continue to do so, you seem to think he is no longer going to be affiliated somehow. That's not what this is, he is simply going to a consultant type position, as opposed to actually pulling the lever, he is simply advising on it now.
                            DB, I was being sarcastic! I'm just saying...he gets too much credit for a team that really hasn't done much of anything.

Comment

• HAMMER
                              I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Nighthawk
                              DB, I was being sarcastic! I'm just saying...he gets too much credit for a team that really hasn't done much of anything.
                              I haven't seen much of anything written on Parcells, good or bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X