Trent Edwards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Trent Edwards

I started another thread regarding the weather on Sunday and a poster pointed out how well Trent did against Seattle a few years ago in the season opener and that game was a mess in regards to the weather. So, I looked up his stats for that year and man, I'd love to have that Trent from the first half of that season back again. Very solid numbers that anybody would be happy with. We will see, but if he can get back to that type of player, I'd be one happy camper.

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.
  • Yasgur's Farm
    • Feb 2005

Re: Trent Edwards

I agree... Until you have a look at TD's. He had 6 over his 1st 8 games... That ends with 12 for the season... enemic at best.

Let's see what the stats look like if he duplicated his 1st half in the remaining 8 games...

1749 yards = 3498
    6 TD's = 12
    5 INT's =10

I hope to hell we get more from him in '10

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

I'd take 12 TD passes for the season if they made a trip to the playoffs...stats are nice, wins count.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
        • Feb 2005

Yup... I'd love that too. But we all know how unlikely it would be to make the playoffs with only 12 passing TD's.

Comment

• Electrici
          • May 2003

The lights were out for the SD game, and that version of Trent hasn't been back since.

Comment

• better days
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Ebenezer
            I'd take 12 TD passes for the season if they made a trip to the playoffs...stats are nice, wins count.
            How do you expect to win with a QB that only throws 12 TD passes for the year? That is less than 1 TD per game.

Comment

• better days
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by draz54
              Yup... I'd love that too. But we all know how unlikely it would be to make the playoffs with only 12 passing TD's.
              A team would need a defense as good as the Jets or the Ravens back when they won the Super Bowl to have any hope of playoffs with that little production from the QB.

Comment

• Mahdi
                • Mar 2004

I don't want to see that Trent Edwards AT ALL.... low production and inability to beat 3-4 teams. That would translate to 6 losses in the division not to mention all the 3-4 teams we play outside the division.

Trent needs to diversify his game if he wants to win and be productive. He needs to show defenses he can use the entire field and make them respect that. IMO, he is still to easy too defend when game planned for.

Gailey will have to be creative in his playcalling and use plenty of misdirection in order to move the ball and that won't always work.

Trent needs to be Neo-Trent in order for this offense to be good.
                Last edited by Mahdi; 09-08-2010, 09:02 AM.

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

12 TD's in a vaccuum don't mean much. the running game is the focus, if we are scoring TD's through the run game with 3 very good backs, the passing touchdowns may be sparse.

and again, i extrapolated spillers results from 2 preseason games and he should be scoring about 32 TD this season, and there was some agreement that it could be 50 since he'll get better as the season wears on. So in that fictional (humorour) context, would you take a qb throwing 12 TD's a season?

i'm not so much about the stats and more concerned about long sustained drives that end up punching the ball in 3-4 times a game.

Comment

• better days
                    • Jan 2010

Originally posted by trapezeus
                    12 TD's in a vaccuum don't mean much. the running game is the focus, if we are scoring TD's through the run game with 3 very good backs, the passing touchdowns may be sparse.

and again, i extrapolated spillers results from 2 preseason games and he should be scoring about 32 TD this season, and there was some agreement that it could be 50 since he'll get better as the season wears on. So in that fictional (humorour) context, would you take a qb throwing 12 TD's a season?

i'm not so much about the stats and more concerned about long sustained drives that end up punching the ball in 3-4 times a game.
                    With production like that from Spiller, the Bills would win with Trent being a decent game manager but I would still want a better QB when I could get one.

Comment

Working...
                    X