PDA

View Full Version : The Bills had better win 11 and make the playoffs...

Ebenezer
09-07-2010, 07:21 PM
...or they better win no more than 2...

This perpetual 6-10, 7-9 BS has got to end. If they are not good enough to make the playoffs as assembled and TE is not good enough to take them their then lose as much as possible and start next year with a new "franchise QB". Perpetually treading water makes no sense. I'm not high on what I just said but I'm really thinking this team needs to blow it up.

Thoughts?

BillsWin
09-07-2010, 07:29 PM
A few other posters and myself got *****ed at last season for saying this. If we don't have a shot at making the playoffs, bottoming out and finally getting a QB could go a long way in digging the Bills out of their drought.

I want the Bills to win as much as anyone, but maybe being the second to last or last team in the league would be a good thing.

It would be hard to swallow, but getting a franchise QB is worth it in my opinion.

Electrici
09-07-2010, 07:32 PM
Its tough isn't it? Be what most would call 'unrealistically good' and make the playoffs and stick with the guys we got.. or.. be really bad and make this season that we've all been waiting for a complete disaster to watch.

I think we'll be somewhere in between :)

YardRat
09-07-2010, 07:49 PM
I can't root for the team to lose...Sorry.

X-Era
09-07-2010, 07:50 PM
...or they better win no more than 2...

This perpetual 6-10, 7-9 BS has got to end. If they are not good enough to make the playoffs as assembled and TE is not good enough to take them their then lose as much as possible and start next year with a new "franchise QB". Perpetually treading water makes no sense. I'm not high on what I just said but I'm really thinking this team needs to blow it up.

Thoughts?

Been saying it for years.

X-Era
09-07-2010, 07:51 PM
I can't root for the team to lose...Sorry.

I don't think he did.

I think he simply realized the futility and long term damage from being perpetually mediocre and out of the top 5 in the draft.

X-Era
09-07-2010, 07:53 PM
Its tough isn't it? Be what most would call 'unrealistically good' and make the playoffs and stick with the guys we got.. or.. be really bad and make this season that we've all been waiting for a complete disaster to watch.

I think we'll be somewhere in between :)Which can be extremely dangerous if you don't have sound football minds who can't see you wont get much better unless we make significant upgrades.

I'm not a huge fan of building solely through the draft, but if thats how your going to do it, get it done.

BertSquirtgum
09-07-2010, 07:59 PM
i know it's not likely that they will, but what if they did? i'm sure there will still be plenty of negativity on here from the realist.

thesquirrelking
09-07-2010, 08:29 PM
After the Bills bottomed out in 2001, the best record they had was 9-7 in '04. Aren't there any teams that built winning programs without having to completely suck a year or two before?

casdhf
09-07-2010, 08:46 PM
They play to win. Period.

jdbillsfan
09-07-2010, 08:55 PM
It's not like the NBA where you draft a Tim Duncan or Shaq and turn your franchise around. Teams that draft near the top, usually draft there consistently. Good teams are able to draft well no matter what draft position they have.

I just want to see progress. I think the Bills were a worse team last year then their record showed. I would rather see a team headed in the right direction, no matter what the record is.

justasportsfan
09-07-2010, 09:21 PM
I don't expect it to happen this season.

TigerJ
09-07-2010, 09:28 PM
While 11 wins would be great, 9 wins would encourage me greatly. As for going in the other direction, I'm not one who thinks that a top QB is going to be the Bills' magical solution. I could live with a high draft choice, but it wouldn't make me especially happy.

HHURRICANE
09-07-2010, 09:31 PM
Nobody wants to watch a 2-3 win season and I guarantee you that Ralph will never cough up the dough for a top 5 pick.

So even if we win 2 games Ralph will trade the pick away and bring in Garcia or some other re-tread.

You guys should be praying that the light bulb goes off in Edwards head.

Ebenezer
09-07-2010, 09:36 PM
Nobody wants to watch a 2-3 win season and I guarantee you that Ralph will never cough up the dough for a top 5 pick.

So even if we win 2 games Ralph will trade the pick away and bring in Garcia or some other re-tread.

You guys should be praying that the light bulb goes off in Edwards head.
:rolleyes:

even RW is not senile enough to bring in a guy who hasn't thrown a pass in the league since 2008.

Nighthawk
09-07-2010, 10:25 PM
This is how I feel...no more mediocre seasons. Good or bomb...no in the middle! Some don't like to hear that, but it truly is what is best for this team.