PDA

View Full Version : Directv

pjw
09-07-2010, 08:52 PM
DTV just called me. They gave me NFL Sunday Ticket for $2 a month, plus 5 months of the premium movie channels for free. When the promotion is over I have to change packages, I will lose two channels, holiday happenings and italian bistro but I will gain some music channel. The new package will cost $1 more than I pay right now. I jumped on this, to me it is well worth it! I never called them to ask about ST or any deal I could get this year. They called me out of the blue, I almost hung up on her. Glad I didnt.
Wanted to share, maybe someone else can get the same deal.
I should mention I was already a DTV customer.

DBrown77
09-07-2010, 09:03 PM
They want you to wire the money too right? Then they will be out to install it.

better days
09-07-2010, 09:07 PM
DTV just called me. They gave me NFL Sunday Ticket for $2 a month, plus 5 months of the premium movie channels for free. When the promotion is over I have to change packages, I will lose two channels, holiday happenings and italian bistro but I will gain some music channel. The new package will cost $1 more than I pay right now. I jumped on this, to me it is well worth it! I never called them to ask about ST or any deal I could get this year. They called me out of the blue, I almost hung up on her. Glad I didnt.

Congratulations. That is a great deal.

pjw
09-07-2010, 09:12 PM
Exactly! Wire it to someplace in Africa. Thought it was odd they wanted me to send them $5K first but they sounded so honest I had to do it!

BlackMetalNinja
09-08-2010, 06:54 AM
I should mention I was already a DTV customer.Has your contract been up for a lengthy amount of time? That's the only reason I could think of that they would call you out of nowhere like this.

ublinkwescore
09-08-2010, 07:32 AM
my contract expired like last year, I don't remember getting called with that offer - cheap bastards.

pjw
09-08-2010, 07:55 AM
Has your contract been up for a lengthy amount of time? That's the only reason I could think of that they would call you out of nowhere like this.
You know, it probably has been up. I am sure I just committed to two more years or whatever. I never really thought about that. No worries though, Besides the year I was in Korea, I have had DTV since 1998.

OpIv37
09-08-2010, 09:20 AM
****ing DirecTV.

I used to think it was so cool just to be able to watch all the games. Now, the novelty has worn off and the price has gotten so high. I just feel like I'm getting jacked.

madness
09-08-2010, 09:43 AM
****ing DirecTV.

I used to think it was so cool just to be able to watch all the games. Now, the novelty has worn off and the price has gotten so high. I just feel like I'm getting jacked.

I still have to call this week. It looks like when I dropped Verizon they accidentally dropped it off my package. If I have to pay full price, I'll probably go the NFL Rewind route.

Beebe's Kid
09-08-2010, 09:45 AM
****ing DirecTV.

The kicker about these *******s, in Erie, is I don't get the local channels....guess who broadcasts all of the away games?

I actually had cable last year, but the reception was ****ty...I was actually considering DTV for away games, but I really don't give a flying **** about any other games, so I don't think it would be worth it.

better days
09-08-2010, 10:03 AM
The kicker about these *******s, in Erie, is I don't get the local channels....guess who broadcasts all of the away games?

I actually had cable last year, but the reception was ****ty...I was actually considering DTV for away games, but I really don't give a flying **** about any other games, so I don't think it would be worth it.

If you can pick up the locals OTA, you can get a DVR with 2 OTA tuners & qualify for Nationals from NY for the Networks as well from Direct TV.

OpIv37
09-08-2010, 10:17 AM

you may want to look into that because they've greatly expanded their local channel offering. Also, you can still pick up your locals with an over-the-air antenna. HD antennas cost about $50, standard antennas are cheaper but you need a converter box.

more cowbell
09-08-2010, 10:31 AM
They called me earlier in the summer and offered a package with 100 more channels and a bunch of other cool stuff for 5 bucks more a month.

Still would much rather pay 2 bucks a month for Sunday Ticket...

SabreEleven
09-08-2010, 10:39 AM
I should mention I was already a DTV customer.

I thought you weren't going to spend any more money on the Bills?

pjw
09-08-2010, 11:32 AM
I thought you weren't going to spend any more money on the Bills?
I wasn't planning on it.

better days
09-08-2010, 11:44 AM
you may want to look into that because they've greatly expanded their local channel offering. Also, you can still pick up your locals with an over-the-air antenna. HD antennas cost about $50, standard antennas are cheaper but you need a converter box.

Yeah, I said the same thing. The only thing I would add is any antenna will work for HD. Some are better than others, but the more expensive is not always the best.