PDA

View Full Version : CNNSI Rankings - Don Banks

vanbillsfan
09-08-2010, 11:35 AM
Weekly NFL Rankings on CNNSI

Bills 32nd - "The Bills have found themselves a legitimate home-run threat in rookie running back C.J. Spiller. But they will also find themselves facing an 11th consecutive playoff-less season, a sixth straight losing year, and a likely top-three draft choice next April."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/don_banks/09/08/week.1.3/index.html

hydro
09-08-2010, 11:37 AM
Way to go outside the box Don.

justasportsfan
09-08-2010, 11:39 AM
nice

trapezeus
09-08-2010, 11:42 AM
last place? don's always been so good to buffalo. ouch.

i'm usually pretty pessimistic about the bills, but of late, i kind of think if they show some capablity against the 3-4 this week, we could be a whole new team.

ublinkwescore
09-08-2010, 11:43 AM
I have this feeling that we will be playing for a playoff spot in december.

THATHURMANATOR
09-08-2010, 11:44 AM
Guys we are going to suck this year. Lets face it... The only possibility of being half way decent is for Edwards to somehow become a legitimate QB in this league, which doesn't seem likely to me.

justasportsfan
09-08-2010, 11:46 AM
Guys we are going to suck this year. Lets face it... The only possibility of being half way decent is for Edwards to somehow become a legitimate QB in this league, which doesn't seem likely to me.

still wishing we drafted Clasen huh?

HHURRICANE
09-08-2010, 11:48 AM
We will not be in last place.

I promise everyone on this board.

RockStar36
09-08-2010, 11:48 AM
I had them at 29 to start the season. They'll be bad, but not as bad as most "experts" are predicting.

DraftBoy
09-08-2010, 11:49 AM
Don Banks is obvious a Bills hating nut job!!!!!!!! Screw him!!!

THATHURMANATOR
09-08-2010, 11:50 AM
still wishing we drafted Clasen huh?
Not at all.

THATHURMANATOR
09-08-2010, 11:50 AM
We will not be in last place.

I promise everyone on this board.
Last place overall? Or last place in the AFC east?

I would agree that we won't be the worst team in football.

TheBrownBear
09-08-2010, 12:32 PM
Can you really blame these prognosticators for these predictions?

We're coming off a 6-10 season.
Our QB corps is the worst in football.
We hired a coach who hasn't been a head man in the NFL for over ten years.
We lost our #1 and #3 receivers (one of which is a hall of famer) from a year ago and replaced them with undrafted rookie free agents.
We've overhauled our entire defensive scheme.
We fired our best position coach and replaced him with the guy synonymous with "home-run throwback."
We did nothing at all (unless you count Cornell Green) to upgrade the worst offensive line in football.

To an outsider, the only positive addition we've made is CJ Spiller.

I'm cautiously optimistic that we'll be better than these predictions indicate, but I can easily see the season playing out the way Clayton, Prisco, Banks, etc. envision it.

mikemac2001
09-08-2010, 12:40 PM

We lost our #1 and #3 receivers (one of which is a hall of famer) from a year ago and replaced them with undrafted rookie free agents.
We fired our best position coach and replaced him with the guy synonymous with "home-run throwback."
We did nothing at all (unless you count Cornell Green) to upgrade the worst offensive line in football.

I'm cautiously optimistic that we'll be better than these predictions indicate, but I can easily see the season playing out the way Clayton, Prisco, Banks, etc. envision it.

is gailey worse then dicky j ????
will our offense be as lame and predicting as dicky j???/

will our QB and Wr's play better because we have an offensive mind making the calls???

yes i understand your points but i feel having DICK as our Coach lowered everyone on the offense....we look 100 times better on O then we have in years.

Jan Reimers
09-08-2010, 12:42 PM
Cripes, I better find something else to do on Sundays this fall besides watching the Bills. All the talking heads say we're going to be terrible, so it must be true.

billsburgh
09-08-2010, 12:47 PM
Don Banks isn't the only one with the Bills at 32

32. Bills (0-0): Unfortunately for Bills fans, there hasn't been much reason to cheer over the last decade-plus. Sadly, 2010 doesn't look like it'll be much different. Buffalo needs to add talent at every position but running back -- and that could have been said even before the team spent the ninth overall pick in this past draft on C.J. Spiller -- so fans may spend this season only rooting to win the Jake Locker sweepstakes. -- RW
http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/09/08/nfl-power-rankings-week-1/

better days
09-08-2010, 02:07 PM
Cripes, I better find something else to do on Sundays this fall besides watching the Bills. All the talking heads say we're going to be terrible, so it must be true.

Yeah & here I am with the Sunday ticket to pay for.........whoops.

trapezeus
09-08-2010, 02:09 PM
Don Banks isn't the only one with the Bills at 32

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/09/08/nfl-power-rankings-week-1/

bah, RW himself put us at the bottom of league? ;-)

anyway, one point i make to defend gailey is that teams routinely try to find the new talent. and they get mangini, todd haley, lane kiffen...there are a lot of failures here. and those teams go to college and get total failures there. but they get credit for trying to win.

meanwhile taking belichick after dreadful browns tenure and wandering around as a DC didn't get the patriots on the powerrankings. yet he was the right guy at the right time.

i'm hoping that gailey is the right guy at the right time. i hvae this sense that the veterans on the team were just beaten down by jauron. you couldn't complain about how bad it was. but now with a new coach and a little energy that he actually knows what he's doing, some of the talent that got replaced by groans and discontent will begin to show again.

let's give them through the bye week to see if we have the same old or something new.

I still think, even at a worse actual record this year, the bills will be light years ahead in terms of entertainment.

OpIv37
09-08-2010, 02:22 PM

Our QB situation is bad, but Arizona is starting Derek Anderson and Cleveland is starting Jake Delhomme. So I don't know if it's quite the the worst in football. It's bad- just not quite that bad.

I agree with the rest of this.

THATHURMANATOR
09-08-2010, 02:35 PM
Our QB situation is bad, but Arizona is starting Derek Anderson and Cleveland is starting Jake Delhomme. So I don't know if it's quite the the worst in football. It's bad- just not quite that bad.

I agree with the rest of this.
If Trent plays like he has for the past season and a half I could easily see both those QBs mentioned above performing better.

better days
09-08-2010, 03:13 PM
If Trent plays like he has for the past season and a half I could easily see both those QBs mentioned above performing better.

If Trent plays like that I would bet Chan tells him to take a seat.

THATHURMANATOR
09-08-2010, 03:40 PM
If Trent plays like that I would bet Chan tells him to take a seat.
Then what?

Dujek
09-08-2010, 03:57 PM

1. There are a lot of teams coming off worse seasons.
2. Cleveland Browns, Arizona Cardinals, San Francisco 49ers, Kansas City Chiefs, Miami Dolphins, New York Jets
3. Chan Gailey is a winner. Jerry Jones regrets firing him and he's already a much better Bills HC than Jauron ever was. Seriously, buy yourself a clue.
4. Yet in pre-season we looked like we might just be able to move the ball through the air this year.
5. A change for the better
6. Yet until the forward lateral we all thought he was a great ST coach, and he's had success everywhere he's been.
7. The middle of the line is solid, and it would be unfair to call it the worst line in football. Not sold on the tackles though.

The Bills are a better football team than they were last year. The fact that they have a tougher schedule is the only reason I think they'll finish 6-10 again.

better days
09-08-2010, 04:43 PM
Then what?

Plan B.

topher180
09-08-2010, 05:54 PM

Nobody is saying you shouldn't watch, it's just most people are being realistic.

better days
09-08-2010, 07:32 PM
Nobody is saying you shouldn't watch, it's just most people are being realistic.

Well, there are optimists & pessimists. A Bills fan that is an optimist thinks the Bills will win. A Bills fan that thinks the Bills will lose is a pessimist.

I think being realistic means NOBODY knows who will win the game "any given Sunday........."

While Miami appears to have the better team, the Bills are a team nobody knows about yet because they have yet to play a meaningful game with Chan as HC.

The game is also the season opener in Buffalo, if the Bills are any good, Home field advantage should help them win the game.