PDA

View Full Version : Stop listening to the media and here is why!!

HHURRICANE
09-08-2010, 12:21 PM
People stop getting freaked out by the media. We haven't even fielded a complete team in the pre-season and we played pretty well.

For Sunday picture having Edwards behind Bell, Levitre, Hangartner, Wood and Green with CJ Spiller, and Lynch/Jackson in backfield. With Evans, Johnson/Nelson, Parrish set up on first down.

Picture on D having Stroud, Williams, and Edwards up front flanked by Kelsay, Davis, Torbor, and Poluszny with McGee, McKelvin/Florence, Byrd and Whitner maning the secondary.

This team is going to have it's struggles but that's not a 2-3 win roster sitiing out there. Plus when you look at the depth on D for the Nickel, etc. with players like Yobouty, Wilson, Scott, Mitchell, Ellis , Moats and Maybin it's not that bad.

So the national media has basically decided that Owens won us 4 games on his own and Jauron is better than Gailey. Okay.

Mr. Pink
09-08-2010, 12:23 PM
here*

Ebenezer
09-08-2010, 12:23 PM
People stop getting freaked out by the media. We haven't even fielded a complete team in the pre-season and we played pretty well.

For Sunday picture having Edwards behind Bell, Levitre, Hangartner, Wood and Green with CJ Spiller, and Lynch/Jackson in backfield. With Evans, Johnson/Nelson, Parrish set up on first down.

Picture on D having Stroud, Williams, and Edwards up front flanked by Kelsay, Davis, Torbor, and Poluszny with McGee, McKelvin/Florence, Byrd and Whitner maning the secondary.

This team is going to have it's struggles but that's not a 2-3 win roster sitiing out there. Plus when you look at the depth on D for the Nickel, etc. with players like Yobouty, Wilson, Scott, Mitchell, Ellis , Moats and Maybin it's not that bad.

So the national media has basically decided that Owens won us 4 games on his own and Jauron is better than Gailey. Okay.

I'm on board with the offense...the defense scares the beans out of me (and not in a good way).

more cowbell
09-08-2010, 12:25 PM
Anything ESPN has to say I laugh at

HHURRICANE
09-08-2010, 12:26 PM
I actually think the D will be like last year where they give up a ton of rushing yards but not alot of points. The secondary is so friggin stacked it's scary.

OpIv37
09-08-2010, 12:27 PM

A couple of flaws in your argument: We didn't field a complete team but we didn't play a complete team either.

It's not just Owens, Jauron and Gailey. We have new systems on both sides of the ball, and on D we completely lack the personnel for it. And our T's may be the worst in the league, which is going to hurt QB and RB.

And you're also overranking our LB's. They're ****ing terrible.

Ebenezer
09-08-2010, 12:27 PM
I actually think the D will be like last year where they give up a ton of rushing yards but not alot of points. The secondary is so friggin stacked it's scary.

yeah, but if you can just run down the field then why pass?...and look at some of the teams on the schedule...they can run!

Dr. Lecter
09-08-2010, 12:30 PM
yeah, but if you can just run down the field then why pass?...and look at some of the teams on the schedule...they can run!
Shhhhh...

Rex Ryan does not know that!

HHURRICANE
09-08-2010, 12:33 PM

Teams had a hard time inside our 20 because the coverage tightens up and the lanes aren't as big.

BillyT92679
09-08-2010, 12:40 PM
A couple of flaws in your argument: We didn't field a complete team but we didn't play a complete team either.

It's not just Owens, Jauron and Gailey. We have new systems on both sides of the ball, and on D we completely lack the personnel for it. And our T's may be the worst in the league, which is going to hurt QB and RB.

I think we actually run a lot of 4-3 looks. It'll be a hybrid rather than a straight-up 3-4, so I think the defensive players won't look as out of place as thought.

Dr. Lecter
09-08-2010, 12:41 PM
There are few things about last year's record that is deceiving too:

1. One of the wins came against the Colts 2nd and 3rd string. Sure - a win is a win. But that one was a gift. It is not likely that the Bills will face a team in that situation again.

2. The Bills schedule last year was easier than what it should be this year (in theory, of course). Playing the NFC North is brutal - much more difficult than the NFC South. The AFC opponents are close to a wash. But I am not sure they can/will win an NFC games, excpet maybe the Bears or Lions. The Vikings and Packers are better and I really think the Lions, with Stafford and Johnson will be much improved.

Add that to OPs post and this teams total lack of depth everywhere except DB and RB and it will be a long season.

BTW, the WR depth is much worse this year. Reed + Owens >>>>>>> Roscoe + Johnson. That will kill the passing game.

El Guapo
09-08-2010, 12:43 PM

I pictured it in my head and it left a mental image that scared the hell out of me.

I am so ready for Sunday to get here.....

El Guapo
09-08-2010, 12:48 PM
2. The Bills schedule last year was easier than what it should be this year (in theory, of course). Playing the NFC North is brutal - much more difficult than the NFC South. The AFC opponents are close to a wash. But I am not sure they can/will win an NFC games, excpet maybe the Bears or Lions. The Vikings and Packers are better and I really think the Lions, with Stafford and Johnson will be much improved.

I don't think the NFC South was/is a cake walk. Atlanta is a good squad, and don't forget about the other team in that division -- you know, the team that won the Super Bowl. Top to bottom, the North won 32 games last year and the South won 33.

HHURRICANE
09-08-2010, 12:56 PM

Op, I didn't say this was a playoff team.

With that said the O with a new system has to better than what we had last year. You really aren't going to argue that are you? We were 4th in the league with 13 TDs in the pre-season this year. Last year we had 3 TDs in the pre-season. I'm going to assume the system will be beter even if they are still learning it.

Yes the D looks like the bigger project but I would also argue that the front 3 look pretty decent and the secondary is very good. Yes the LB position is weak and will struggle.

The team managed 6 wins and gave away at least two games in the process. I think we can muster up 8 wins.

HHURRICANE
09-08-2010, 01:03 PM

1. One of the wins came against the Colts 2nd and 3rd string. Sure - a win is a win. But that one was a gift. It is not likely that the Bills will face a team in that situation again.

Can I count the New England game as a win assuming Gailey doesn't give away a 12 point lead with 2:10 left.

HHURRICANE
09-08-2010, 01:05 PM
In case you missed it we ranked 4th in the pre-season for TDs.

That's a far cry from last year. Not saying we are going to be unbelievable but Gailey has never been on a team that didn't average 20 points + a game.

Ickybaluky
09-08-2010, 01:32 PM
In case you missed it we ranked 4th in the pre-season for TDs.

That's a far cry from last year. Not saying we are going to be unbelievable but Gailey has never been on a team that didn't average 20 points + a game.

I'm fully convinced you are bi-polar. You go from one extreme to the other.

dasaybz
09-08-2010, 01:37 PM
I don't care how much yardage the D gives up as long as they are stingy in the red zone and gets a ton of turnovers. They are going to give up huge chunks of yardage, that's a given. But if we can continue picking the ball off and bringing some back to the house, I'll be OK with that.

TedMock
09-08-2010, 01:55 PM
I'm on board with the offense...the defense scares the beans out of me (and not in a good way).

Well, beans find their way out of me with or without a scare.

trapezeus
09-08-2010, 01:57 PM
i'm worried about the secondary a little. i think we don't realize how good the 5-10 yard cushions were for the DBs. if they are manning up more, they may be burnt more.

there have been some worrying signs from leodis and langster and corner, all guys who last year were supposedly very good.

but i agree, this team is better simply by not having jauron on the team.

better days
09-08-2010, 02:00 PM

Comes with being a Bills fan.

better days
09-08-2010, 02:04 PM

I think the D-line being much bigger than last year will play the run much better, but I think this defense will give up the big play more often than last year. I think the offense will be MUCH improved.

BillsWin
09-08-2010, 02:56 PM
Watch, the Bills will go 8-8 and the media will predict us to go 0-16 next season. Nothing's new here.

Even if we do improve, we still suck in the eyes of the media.

I can't wait until that first glorious playoff game...

HHURRICANE
09-08-2010, 02:58 PM

Show me where I've done that. Never said the team was a playoff team, not once. Never said that they would win 3 games. I said in January 6-8 wins and that hasn't changed.

I love when I try to be positive and it gets ripped for changing my mind.

Let me know when you find it.

don137
09-08-2010, 03:02 PM

I disagree on this one. I think both divisions have two good teams and two bad teams. I think the competition will be about the same. One of the good teams is Minnesota which is imploding and probably on par with how Atlanta was last year. Green Bay= Saints from last year. The Bears and Lions are about equal to the Panthers and Bucs.