PDA

View Full Version : BillsZone Home Opener Tailgate

Michael82
09-08-2010, 02:36 PM
http://www.fites.net/pride/billszone/bztailgate/images/tailgatelogo.gif

http://www.fites.net/pride/billszone/RWS.gif

BILLSZONE TAILGATE RULES

• B.Y.O.B. - Bring your own beer
• If you plan on eating, please bring food to contribute.
• Please be courteous of fellow tailgaters.
• Kids may be in proximity, please watch language and subject matter

PARKING RATES

Stadium parking is available for our guests. Stadium lots open 5 hours before each game and close approximately 2 hours after the game. The prices vary per vehicle and lot:

• Cars $20.00 (Pre-Paid premium lots - A, D, and E) - Permit Required
• Cars $20.00 (Season Ticket Holders ONLY - lots - 1, 2, 3, 5, and F) - with $5 coupon
• Cars $25.00 (Cash lots - 1, 2, 3, 5, and F)
• Handicap Passenger Vehicles - $25.00 (Lot B)
• Campers $50.00 (Early entry Friday 6 PM - 9 PM or Saturday at 8 AM)
• Campers $40.00 (Game Day)
• Limos $60.00 (Lot C, east off Abbott Rd.)
• Buses $60.00 (Bus Lot west off Abbott Rd.)

* Note that prices listed are for single spaces.

TAILGATING

Tailgating is permitted at all stadium parking lots. Stadium lots open five hours before the game and close approximately two hours following the game. Vehicles may occupy ONLY ONE parking space. Additional spaces may be purchased depending upon availability. For everyone to enjoy the tailgating experience, guests are asked to follow these guidelines:

• No saving of parking spaces is allowed.
• Guests should tailgate in front or behind their vehicle only.
• Guests are asked to be considerate of other's vehicles.
• Guests are asked to dispose of all trash in proper receptacles and to extinguish their flames and grills.
• Guests are asked not to block or impede other vehicles from exiting after a game.
• Disorderly guests are subject to ejection from the parking lot premises and to criminal prosecution.

Michael82
09-08-2010, 02:40 PM
Pride usually takes care of this thread, but he's not coming to the opener for the first time in years. :( So I figured I better get this up ASAP and I haven't been around to do it until now.

This thread is to keep track of who is/isn't coming, and what everyone is bringing (to avoid overlap). Here are the details!

The opener is at 1 PM, which means the lots open at 8 AM. Phil and I are going to try to save some spots, but you know how fast Lot 1 fills up so get there early!

Who's Coming?

Here's what every tailgate needs:

Paper Plates, Plasticware, Napkins
Bottled Water
Pop/Soda
Condiments (Ketchup, Mustard, Relish)
Hamburger/Hotdog Buns
Hamburgers
Hotdogs
Potato Chips / Dip
Desserts
Sides (Potato Salad, Macaroni Salad, Etc)
If you'd like to bring something else, please feel free!

Please reply with what you are planning to bring.
<!-- / message -->

Michael82
09-08-2010, 02:44 PM
I will be there with Dannyek71 and we are bringing a couple packs of Zweigles hot dogs, and Tortilla Chips with Bison Southwest Chipotle dip.

wmoz11
09-08-2010, 02:48 PM
Wish I could teleport to Western NY on Sundays :(

better days
09-08-2010, 02:49 PM
Looking forward to photos from you Mikey.

THATHURMANATOR
09-08-2010, 02:52 PM
I will be at the Thurmzone Tailgate!

don137
09-08-2010, 02:55 PM
Yea, I am missing it this year also. I am going to the Bills game in Cincinnati instead. The last couple home openers have been awesome between the tailgate with some great zoners and the games themselves were a couple of the best games they played on the field.

clumping platelets
09-08-2010, 03:01 PM
I will not be at the tailgate party. I'll be lucky to make it through the game. I will be arriving at the stadium shortly before noon and meeting :eb: near the ticket office to go into the game right before kickoff and I'll be leaving immediately after the game to come home and rest

Michael82
09-08-2010, 03:04 PM
Yea, I am missing it this year also. I am going to the Bills game in Cincinnati instead. The last couple home openers have been awesome between the tailgate with some great zoners and the games themselves were a couple of the best games they played on the field.
You're skipping the home opener? Aww man! That sucks. It's always a fun time each year and you will be missed.

Michael82
09-08-2010, 03:04 PM
I will not be at the tailgate party. I'll be lucky to make it through the game. I will be arriving at the stadium shortly before noon and meeting :eb: near the ticket office to go into the game right before kickoff and I'll be leaving immediately after the game to come home and rest
Aww man! That really sucks. It won't be the same without ya, clumpy. :(

hydro
09-08-2010, 03:05 PM

Me too :hi5:

clumping platelets
09-08-2010, 03:05 PM
I'll miss the tailgate party not the game

Michael82
09-08-2010, 03:06 PM
Now onto the thread itself... I need only the people who are going to reply to this thread. I want to get a list of all the zoners who are tailgating and if you can bring something to share at the tailgate.

hammerbillsfan
09-08-2010, 03:25 PM
Me and CntryGal

probably booze and chips, don't know what she wants to bring yet

Michael82
09-08-2010, 03:26 PM
Me and CntryGal

probably booze and chips, don't know what she wants to bring yet
If you bring booze, please bring me some of my favorite Canadian beverage. :up:

hammerbillsfan
09-08-2010, 03:33 PM
If you bring booze, please bring me some of my favorite Canadian beverage. :up:

grabbing some tomorrow! :cheers:

don137
09-08-2010, 04:05 PM
You're skipping the home opener? Aww man! That sucks. It's always a fun time each year and you will be missed.

I know...I am bummed. Opening days at the Ralph with all of you guys and a pumped up crowd starting the season with a 'W' is a truly great way to spend a day.

X-Era
09-08-2010, 04:34 PM

Location?

X-Era
09-08-2010, 04:36 PM
Now onto the thread itself... I need only the people who are going to reply to this thread. I want to get a list of all the zoners who are tailgating and if you can bring something to share at the tailgate.

Mikey, you know the deal.

Black 7, my sister, my brother in law, and myself will be there.

We probably wont park where you park but will park behind a house (like usual).

We will bring stuff, not sure yet what. I'll let you know later on in the week.

Mad Bomber
09-08-2010, 04:42 PM
I'll be there with 5 others.

I'll bring some Johnsonville Brats, Hot Dog Buns, and....of course....CANNOLI.

Save me a spot...

X-Era
09-08-2010, 04:43 PM

Save me a spot...

The bowling balls will be waiting.

Michael82
09-08-2010, 04:44 PM
Mikey, you know the deal.

Black 7, my sister, my brother in law, and myself will be there.

We probably wont park where you park but will park behind a house (like usual).

We will bring stuff, not sure yet what. I'll let you know later on in the week.
Okay, sounds good. What time do you think you are going to come there?

Michael82
09-08-2010, 04:45 PM

Save me a spot...
Bring extra hot dog buns, I'll use those with my Zweigles! :up:

And definitely bring those delicious cannolis... :drool:

hydro
09-08-2010, 04:58 PM
Location?

http://i54.tinypic.com/3ratz.gif

hydro
09-08-2010, 04:59 PM
We are in a grass lot off southwestern.

X-Era
09-08-2010, 05:07 PM
Okay, sounds good. What time do you think you are going to come there?

Probably 9:30-ish

Mad Bomber
09-08-2010, 05:08 PM
The bowling balls will be waiting.
My son is 21 now, and he is looking forward to his first bowling ball shot.

Mad Bomber
09-08-2010, 05:10 PM
Bring extra hot dog buns, I'll use those with my Zweigles! :up:

And definitely bring those delicious cannolis... :drool:
I'll bring the usual. Regular and chocolate frosted cannoli..freshly made at the Rockland Bakery. I'll bring about 2 dozen buns from the Rockland Bakery.

Nighthawk
09-08-2010, 05:12 PM
My son is 21 now, and he is looking forward to his first bowling ball shot.

Umm, what does being 21 have to do with it? :whistle:

X-Era
09-08-2010, 06:06 PM
I'll bring the usual. Regular and chocolate frosted cannoli..freshly made at the Rockland Bakery. I'll bring about 2 dozen buns from the Rockland Bakery.

Mad, save me a cannoli.

Dr. Lecter
09-08-2010, 07:18 PM
They actually have to proof at the tailgate. I have helped there before and they do it religiously.

The cops have warned them and checked them before.

Michael82
09-09-2010, 12:37 AM
Anyone else coming to the home opener tailgate? :scratch:

Dr. Lecter
09-09-2010, 10:17 AM
I'll probably stop over and say hi at some point.

Beebe's Kid
09-09-2010, 10:28 AM
Anyone else coming to the home opener tailgate? :scratch:

I am trying to track down the dude I have my tickets with to see if he wants to go. He is not a Zoner, despite my numerous recommendations....

I have never had the pleasure of a Zone function, so I would like to make it.

Michael82
09-09-2010, 06:16 PM
I am trying to track down the dude I have my tickets with to see if he wants to go. He is not a Zoner, despite my numerous recommendations....

I have never had the pleasure of a Zone function, so I would like to make it.
That sounds good! :up:

BlackMetalNinja
09-09-2010, 06:34 PM
My streak ends this year... bigger priorities these days.

Mad Bomber
09-09-2010, 07:59 PM
It's legal now. They are actually checking that s**t now.

Mad Bomber
09-09-2010, 08:03 PM
I'll probably stop over and say hi at some point.
You had better, or I will have to kick your ass.

OMG, I just almost had a dyslexic keyboard malfunction that said...."You had better, or I will have to dick your ass". A bad left/right malfunction that has me wanting to hurl. :puke:

Dr. Lecter
09-09-2010, 08:13 PM
You had better, or I will have to kick your ass.

OMG, I just almost had a dyslexic keyboard malfunction that said...."You had better, or I will have to dick your ass". A bad left/right malfunction that has me wanting to hurl. :puke:
Bring it OldMan!!!

I'll be at the race, Duff's and Brunner's for sure..........

X-Era
09-09-2010, 08:14 PM
Bring it OldMan!!!

I'll be at the race, Duff's and Brunner's for sure..........

Fess up, where are you going to be for the tailgate?

Dr. Lecter
09-09-2010, 08:15 PM
Fess up, where are you going to be for the tailgate?
With my fellow season ticket holders who are coming in from NYC. I'll be in the mudlot

X-Era
09-09-2010, 08:17 PM
With my fellow season ticket holders who are coming in from NYC. I'll be in the mudlot

W/ Thurm and Hydro? It may be worth the walk over.

Dr. Lecter
09-09-2010, 08:20 PM
No, Thurm and Hydro are on the other side of the stadium.

Beebe's Kid
09-09-2010, 09:38 PM

What is the mudlot? It isn't that fine piece of real estate that is located on Southwestern between ECC and La Galleria, is it per chance?

hydro
09-09-2010, 09:39 PM
What is the mudlot? It isn't that fine piece of real estate that is located on Southwestern between ECC and La Galleria, is it per chance?

Nope, that is where we tailgate though.

Dr. Lecter
09-09-2010, 09:49 PM
No,it is the lot behind the fieldhouse and next to lot 1. (On Big Tree)

mysticsoto
09-09-2010, 11:53 PM
Mikey, a friend of mine won some tickets and is inviting me to the opener!

My only concern is that I'm getting the impression he wants to go later rather than earlier. We'll decide tomorrow...

What do you need me to bring?

BertSquirtgum
09-09-2010, 11:59 PM
i'll be at lot 5 pole 1. which is where i have been each and every home game for the past 7 years.

BertSquirtgum
09-10-2010, 12:02 AM

My only concern is that I'm getting the impression he wants to go later rather than earlier. We'll decide tomorrow...

tell him he is dumb. going late is the worst. not just because it's no fun not tailgating but trying to find a parking spot is a terrible experience from what i've witnessed. we give people so much sheit when they're driving through our party at 11a.m. only to watch them have to back out and we end up giving them sheit 10x worse their second time by.

mysticsoto
09-10-2010, 08:18 AM
tell him he is dumb. going late is the worst. not just because it's no fun not tailgating but trying to find a parking spot is a terrible experience from what i've witnessed. we give people so much sheit when they're driving through our party at 11a.m. only to watch them have to back out and we end up giving them sheit 10x worse their second time by.

I hear ya', but unfortunately, he's not a rabid fan like we are. He's just going b'cse he won free tickets. The good thing is I don't park in the lots. I park off of 219 and walk over. It's just easier for me to get out quickly. I live in Rochester, so I usually try and take off ASAP and avoid a big traffic jam back home...

Beebe's Kid
09-10-2010, 08:26 AM
Nope, that is where we tailgate though.

No ****. Who is at that shindig? I park there for every game.

hydro
09-10-2010, 09:01 AM
No ****. Who is at that shindig? I park there for every game.

THATHURMANTOR and I park there.

mybills
09-10-2010, 09:21 AM
Wish I could be there to help grill the food, but I'll be at the Bills Backer bar watching some Buffalo stomp on dolphins.

X-Era
09-10-2010, 09:29 AM

Looking forward to meeting you Mystic.

mysticsoto
09-10-2010, 09:42 AM

My friend just emailed me...he wants to LEAVE at 9:30 AM. That means I won't get there until 11:30-12:00...

And since I park on the opposite side of where the Zone hangs, by the time I walk over there, it'll be time to go in...:rage:

X-Era
09-10-2010, 09:54 AM
My friend just emailed me...he wants to LEAVE at 9:30 AM. That means I won't get there until 11:30-12:00...

And since I park on the opposite side of where the Zone hangs, by the time I walk over there, it'll be time to go in...:rage:

Then go to Brunners on Saturday. If I can come all the way from Big Flats to meet up with the BZ, you can go from Roch to Brunners for one night.

Or make him leave another hour earlier.

mysticsoto
09-10-2010, 10:15 AM
Then go to Brunners on Saturday. If I can come all the way from Big Flats to meet up with the BZ, you can go from Roch to Brunners for one night.

Or make him leave another hour earlier.

Just emailed him. He might be able to leave 1/2 earlier. Atleast it's better than nothing.

I can't go Saturday. My wife is already pissed that I'm going Sunday. It's pretty much an all day event for me. I leave early in the morning and get home around 7 PMish. I just started a new job and haven't been home at all and she's been swamped with work, taking care of the house, of our 4 yr old, etc and she's tired, drained. It doesn't help that her mom is dying of cancer either and has her stressed out.

So I think I atleast need to be home Saturday and give her a little break with my son and around the house...

X-Era
09-10-2010, 10:17 AM
Just emailed him. He might be able to leave 1/2 earlier. Atleast it's better than nothing.

I can't go Saturday. My wife is already pissed that I'm going Sunday. It's pretty much an all day event for me. I leave early in the morning and get home around 7 PMish. I just started a new job and haven't been home at all and she's been swamped with work, taking care of the house, of our 4 yr old, etc and she's tired, drained. It doesn't help that her mom is dying of cancer either and has her stressed out.

So I think I atleast need to be home Saturday and give her a little break with my son and around the house...

Even if its a quick drop in... thats better than nothing.

The last buffalo fan
09-10-2010, 10:19 AM
Wish I could be there to help grill the food, but I'll be at the Bills Backer bar watching some Buffalo stomp on dolphins.

And I wish somebody could send me phone text while is drunk, I miss them a lot!!! :ill:

The last buffalo fan
09-10-2010, 10:22 AM

Sorry for your wife's mom, you are a good man mystic, so enjoy your time there, compadre!! :beers:

Beebe's Kid
09-10-2010, 10:32 AM
THATHURMANTOR and I park there.

You two going to be cooking out? I wouldn't mind footing over to the Zone TG, but my buddies aren't as adventurous as I am...plus they would have no reason to go meet the legendary Mikey, because they are too lazy to sign up for the Zone.

However to trick them into talking some real football with some Zoners wouldn't be a bad idea...not to mention two fine Zoners like yourselves.

hydro
09-10-2010, 10:37 AM
We park in the far left corner when you enter the lot. We will be cooking at some point in the morning. No moochers though! :D

Michael82
09-10-2010, 10:43 AM

9:30am? Oh wow! That really sucks. With how busy the Thruway will be, you won't be there til 11am or later. :(

Hopefully you can change his mind a bit...

Beebe's Kid
09-10-2010, 10:45 AM
We park in the far left corner when you enter the lot. We will be cooking at some point in the morning. No moochers though! :D

Far from a moocher, bro. I don't drink, and I usually have enough food to choke a small mule. I'm OCD, so I have an issue with running out.

mysticsoto
09-10-2010, 10:50 AM
9:30am? Oh wow! That really sucks. With how busy the Thruway will be, you won't be there til 11am or later. :(

Hopefully you can change his mind a bit...

I don't take the thruway. I have a secret path I take that doesn't encounter as much traffic...

Michael82
09-10-2010, 06:46 PM
BUMP for anyone considering on joining the tailgate!

Cntrygal
09-11-2010, 06:42 AM
I'm bringing some water & soda for sure. MAYBE... some type of food. Haven't decided on that yet.

Michael82
09-11-2010, 08:41 AM
I'm bringing some water & soda for sure. MAYBE... some type of food. Haven't decided on that yet.
Awesome! If you want, you can always bring the healthy snacks....a veggie tray. :up:

ublinkwescore
09-11-2010, 11:56 AM
I know...I am bummed. Opening days at the Ralph with all of you guys and a pumped up crowd starting the season with a 'W' is a truly great way to spend a day.

And we are winning tomorrow.

Cntrygal
09-11-2010, 04:51 PM
Awesome! If you want, you can always bring the healthy snacks....a veggie tray. :up:

Feel free to pick that up at work.... if I bring food items... it will be something I like to eat.

:up:

mysticsoto
09-11-2010, 07:58 PM

Are you hanging at the Zone's area? For how long? Can you PM me your cel in case I do get there early enough to pass by...the guy told me there's a good chance we can leave at 9 AM.

X-Era
09-12-2010, 06:33 AM
Are you hanging at the Zone's area? For how long? Can you PM me your cel in case I do get there early enough to pass by...the guy told me there's a good chance we can leave at 9 AM.

Ill be in the zone area from about 9 on.

mybills
09-12-2010, 09:10 AM
And I wish somebody could send me phone text while is drunk, I miss them a lot!!! :ill:
Aw, I miss you too. I will try to text you from the bar. :up: