How Do People think were going to be THAT bad.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsOwnAll
    My IQ Test results came back negative
    • Oct 2002

How Do People think were going to be THAT bad.

Now before all the haters start barking at me. I think its possible we make the playoffs and win the division. I also think its possible we go 6-10.

But all these writers "ranking" us 30, 31 and 32. How did we get that much worse. We did manage to win 6 games last year. We also fired our OC....a week before the season started...then hired out old backup QB to replace him....We had Dick Jauron who had what one winning season as a coach? We lost no major players...

Then all the writers LOVE Spiller...but somehow were going to be worse then the last 4 years. Am I Blind is this really a "worst in the league" team? FTW?
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

Re: How Do People think were going to be THAT bad.

Originally posted by BillsOwnAll
    Now before all the haters start barking at me. I think its possible we make the playoffs and win the division. I also think its possible we go 6-10.

But all these writers "ranking" us 30, 31 and 32. How did we get that much worse. We did manage to win 6 games last year. We also fired our OC....a week before the season started...then hired out old backup QB to replace him....We had Dick Jauron who had what one winning season as a coach? We lost no major players...

Then all the writers LOVE Spiller...but somehow were going to be worse then the last 4 years. Am I Blind is this really a "worst in the league" team? FTW?
    I agree with your general premise, but they did lose Owens. The offense is in dire need of a second legit receiving threat, but that may be offset by Spiller and Gailey.

But other than that, most of the reasons people are citing for their basement predictions were also true last year.
    "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• don137
      • Jul 2002

A couple thoughts. Its easy to pick on the Bills when they have not made the playoffs in 10 years, never addressed the OL and QB position. The national media really does not pay attention and watch them and seen the improvement offensively this preseason. They have to pick somebody to finish at the bottom so due to the reasons above they are an easy target.

When the media talk about how electric Spiller looks this preseason it is ALWAYS followed by a BUT and then they list why Buffalo will not be any good.

I do think they they are a better team than last year and will suffer some growing pains on defense and special teams. I do think they will be better than the media thinks. Still too many holes cause by terrible draft picks thanks in large part to Jauron and Levy.
      Last edited by don137; 09-08-2010, 02:51 PM.

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

people are basing it on last year even though Dick is gone.
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• EDS
          • Jan 2003

Originally posted by BillsOwnAll

When you say the Bills lost no major players, I think you may get some disagreement on that point, given the loss of Aaron Schobel (leading pass rusher) and TO (leading receiver).

Comment

• SABuffalo786
            • Feb 2003

These Bills kind of feel like the 2008 Dolphins in that they were a BAD team (let's face it, given some of the performances last year, 6-10 was flattering) that brought in some good football people (Gailey/Nix to Miami's Parcells hire) and everyone was still ****ting on them prior to the season.

Not saying we're winning the division but don't be shocked if we aren't horrible.
            "Do me a favor, say a prayer for brother Timmy. And tip a cold one. Go Bills." - Tom Brokaw

We are the Rockpile
            We are the Rockpile
            We are the Rockpile
            BUFF-A-LO

Comment

• BillsWin
              man amongst boys
              • Oct 2008

Mediocre? Yes. God awful? No. The Bills will win more games this year than predicted.
              I am The Batman.

Comment

• better days
                • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Philagape
                I agree with your general premise, but they did lose Owens. The offense is in dire need of a second legit receiving threat, but that may be offset by Spiller and Gailey.

But other than that, most of the reasons people are citing for their basement predictions were also true last year.
                Don't forget about Parish. I think Chan will use the weapons he has unlike Dick.

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
                  • Sep 2003

Last year couldn't have been any worse with injuries and stupid coaching decisions and we still won 6. This year the team is heading in the right direction, and added a home run threat in CJ Spiller. Anyone who thinks we are the worst team in the NFL has his head firmly tucked in his colon.

PTR
                  10 Commandments of the D
                  1. Never stop Rocking.
                  2. Legalize all drugs.
                  3. Quit your day job.
                  4. All Religion should be taxed.
                  5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
                  6. F**k her gently.
                  7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
                  8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
                  9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
                  10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

They might only win 4-5 games while the D struggles year 1 of a new staff.. but I'm thinking long term anyhow.
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                      I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                      • Sep 2004

Originally posted by PromoTheRobot
                      Last year couldn't have been any worse with injuries and stupid coaching decisions and we still won 6. This year the team is heading in the right direction, and added a home run threat in CJ Spiller. Anyone who thinks we are the worst team in the NFL has his head firmly tucked in his colon.

PTR
                      Promo, I think I love you man, but in a no gay way!
                      The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                        I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Night Train
                        They might only win 4-5 games while the D struggles year 1 of a new staff.. but I'm thinking long term anyhow.
                        Good enough for my pride and for a 4th to 6th spot on next year's draft!
                        The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• big hock
                          • Sep 2010

The NFL is a "put up or shut up" league......the Bills have alot to prove these days.

I can't remember the last time that i was looking so forward to a new season for the Bills.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                            • Mar 2005

The Bills start the season with almost the same oline probably playing better since we aren't cutting our LT 7 days prior to the opening kickoff. The fact that we have had 5 months having a real OC prepare us has to be a plus.

The secondary is better than last year. Our LBs and d-line will have their struggles but it will be better than the useless Schobel sack.

Schobel was so good that teams were lining up for him!

Comment

• DynaPaul
                              • Sep 2003

It's funny on Sirius/XM they keep raving about the Lions saying how much improved they are and that they're gonna be a surprise team this year.

Comment

Working...
                              X