X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coach Sal
    • Aug 2006

Miami Dolphins are 0-20 before getting first win the last 4 seasons

Check out these #s for Miami over the last 4 years. If you add ll the games up they lost before winning their first game each year, they are 0-20 since 2006. This isn't a coincidence. There are some new players and some of the same, even though the coaching staffs have changed, as well. There's obviously something going on as far as preperation (or lack of it) going from preseason to regular season for them.

2009 - Start season 0-3; 0-3 in SEPT.
    2008 - Start season 0-2; 1-2 in SEPT.
    2007 - Start season 0-13; 0-4 in SEPT.
    2006 - Start season 0-2...and 1-6; 1-2 in SEPT.
    OVERALL LAST 4 YEARS: 0-20 before gaining first wins of any of these seasons!! 2-11 in September

But Tony S. has said they know this and has made it point to change somethings headed into this season to play better early.

Hopefully, it doesn't work.

:)
    Last edited by Coach Sal; 09-08-2010, 02:52 PM.
    Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
    And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Re: Miami Dolphins are 0-20 before getting first win the last 4 seasons

It's called South Beach

Comment

• JCBills
      • Jan 2010

We're 5-3 against them in that same span, and they've only beat us at home twice since 2003.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
        I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
        • Sep 2004

you better stay away sunday, you ****ing rain!!
        The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

I hate playing teams on bad streaks.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
            My battery is low and it's getting dark.
            • Apr 2004

Jinx.

Comment

• New Ro's Greatest
              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by JCBills
              We're 5-3 against them in that same span, and they've only beat us at home twice since 2003.
              Toronto don't count! GO BILLS

Comment

• Mike13
                • Aug 2005

The Dolphins have a 12-6 record vs the Bills in Sept.
                Sparano is 3-1 against Buffalo.
                Sparano is 8-4 against the AFCE.

I can play the numbers game too.

Comment

• T-Long
                  Circling the Wagons since 1982.
                  • Sep 2003

Where are you guys finding these stats? I'm doing a piece right now for tomorrow and I'm looking for stats like these!!!

Comment

• Mike13
                    • Aug 2005

Originally posted by T-Long
                    Where are you guys finding these stats? I'm doing a piece right now for tomorrow and I'm looking for stats like these!!!
                    Stats and notes you need to know about the week one battle between the Dolphins and Bills.

Stats for both sides, I'm not sure where he got the info but I think NFL.com has those stats.

Comment

• Goobylal
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mike13
                      The Dolphins have a 12-6 record vs the Bills in Sept.
                      Sparano is 3-1 against Buffalo.
                      Sparano is 8-4 against the AFCE.

I can play the numbers game too.

Sparano is 3-0 against the Jauron-led Bills. Against the Fewell-led Bills, he is 0-1. That and the fact that they haven't started better than 0-2 under Sparano say more than any other stats.
                      Last edited by Goobylal; 09-08-2010, 09:02 PM.

Comment

• Coach Sal
                        • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Goobylal
                        Sparano is 3-0 against the Jauron-led Bills. Against the Fewell-led Bills, he is 0-1. That and the fact that they haven't started better than 0-2 under Sparano say more than any other stats.
                        Correct.

Sparano admitted they've sucked under him in September and said they would be changing some things about their summer and preseason routines in order to try and play better early in the season.

So, Mike13, you can play the numbers game all you want, this is something legitimate that your own head coach is concerned about, obviously.
                        Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
                        And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage

Comment

• Goobylal
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Coach Sal
                          Correct.

Sparano admitted they've sucked under him in September and said they would be changing some things about their summer and preseason routines in order to try and play better early in the season.

So, Mike13, you can play the numbers game all you want, this is something legitimate that your own head coach is concerned about, obviously.
                          Yeah, I read that BS from Sparano. What is he going to change? Did he purposely have the team suck the first 2-3 games the past 2 years? And their pre-season performances did nothing to suggest things have changed.

And let me clarify the Jauron/Fewell thing. The Dols beat the Bills under Jauron because they had games to study before they played the team each of the past 2 seasons. When Fewell took over, they didn't know what to expect as that game was just the 2nd one under Fewell. Kind of analogous to how they've gone 0-2 at least the past 2 years under Sparano because they had no real game film on their first few opponents.
                          Last edited by Goobylal; 09-08-2010, 11:11 PM.

Comment

• Goobylal
                            • Jan 2004

Oh, and another point is that the Dols haven't won in Buffalo since 2003 (Toronto doesn't count).

Comment

Working...
                            X