PDA

View Full Version : Jackson on Spiller getting #1 role

justasportsfan
09-08-2010, 03:47 PM
“I’m happy for him, but at the same time I’m disappointed because I want to be that guy,” said Jackson. ”But I’ll make the adjustment and do what I’ve got to coming out there whenever I do get on the field. We’ll see how it goes.”

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2010/09/08/jackson-on-spiller-getting-1-role/

Buffalogic
09-08-2010, 03:49 PM
Freddy Jack, a true team player. It's got to be obvious even to Lynch and Freddy that Spiller is just too good not to start.

tampabay25690
09-08-2010, 03:50 PM
I feel for FRED because he is a class act all the way..........

BILLSROCK1212
09-08-2010, 03:51 PM
Freddy Jack, a true team player. It's got to be obvious even to Lynch and Freddy that Spiller is just too good not to start.
well Jackson, having been the leader in the NFL for all-purpose yards might have a more difficult time understand...marshawn has stooped so low that his opinion is irrelevant until he turns in some production for our team

FlyingDutchman
09-08-2010, 03:51 PM
Feel bad for Freddy...awesome guy and he worked his a$$ off to get to this point...Id be disappointed too if i were him but his class shows and thats why we love him

shelby
09-08-2010, 03:58 PM
Freddy Jax is awesome. i do feel badly for him, but good Lord, Spiller is freaking amazing!

trapezeus
09-08-2010, 04:01 PM
freddy still signed a contract extension last year. so he got some good money. and hey, at this stage of his career, his knees could do without the constant hammering

Scumbag College
09-08-2010, 05:34 PM
Fred has been my favorite Bill for the last couple of years. He's a class guy.

Even though Spiller is the "starter" I still bet Jackson gets a bunch of carries and touches Sunday against Miami. As exciting as CJ is he's not going to be able to carry the ball 20+ times every game this year at his size. I also would like to see him in there on third downs because I don't think Spiller is much of a blocker right now. I'd want Freddy back there for his experience picking up the blitzes over Spiller at this point.

FlyingDutchman
09-08-2010, 05:36 PM
this has nothing to do with football but if you want to laugh your ass off watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cfeTZNcA3g&feature=player_embedded

cocamide
09-08-2010, 05:43 PM
this has nothing to do with football but if you want to laugh your ass off watch this:

Damn, she took that like a champ.

psubills62
09-08-2010, 05:56 PM
Classy guy, and we already know he's a solid #2.

DMBcrew36
09-08-2010, 06:00 PM
It's not like he won't play a lot.

casdhf
09-08-2010, 06:07 PM
If (yes a big if) we're up 14 in the 4th quarter, Fred Jackson and Marshawn Lynch are going to be carrying the ball.

VeggieMan14
09-08-2010, 06:13 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cfeTZNcA3g&feature=player_embeddedlol "you have to finish thats why they call it the amazing race"

Hogwasher
09-08-2010, 07:09 PM
I think we will see some fred jackson on sunday.

YardRat
09-08-2010, 07:25 PM
Freddie looked disappointed when they showed his response on the news....Lynch was smiling, and basically said "not the first time for me...".

YardRat
09-08-2010, 07:26 PM

Damn, she took that like a champ.

BTW...I'm still laughing...

Yasgur's Farm
09-08-2010, 07:35 PM
Watermelon facials always get a LOL outta me!

Oaf
09-08-2010, 07:56 PM
I think his disappointment in understandable. He's fought tooth-and-nail as much as anyone has in the entire league to get a roster spot, and THEN a starter's spot, only to see the Bills pick the BPA with yet another top 10 pick and remove him as starter just like that (plus the unfortunate injury).

zone
09-09-2010, 06:55 AM
I love Freddy just as much as anyone here, but it is refreshing to finally have a coaching staff that is willing to field the best possible team that gives us the best chance to win on Sunday no matter who's feelings get hurt.

Jackson will get plenty of touches there is a chance for all 3 of them to be productive especially if we are going to be running 2 and 3 back sets.

Luisito23
09-09-2010, 07:00 AM
No need to sweat it because he'll get his generous amount of touches...Can't wait to see CJ though!! GO BILLS!!!

unpaid_bills
09-09-2010, 07:51 AM
i honestly think Fred will do better in the long run coming off the bench, use Fred and Lynch in situatuins (short yardage, etc.) Chan will be using lots of two back sets with different combos even their version of the wildcat. Remember Spiller is about 200lb he isnt the biggest guy that long season will take a beating. He runs hard and fast but we will need ALL 3 backs this season, Spiller is a game breaker he is so fast and dynamic teams will have a tough time matching up. Then you put Jackson or Lynch in their who are good runners themselves I think the possibilities are endless. This is with the bug assumption our line can open some holes and stay healthy, it doesnt appear to much of an issue for Jackson and Lynch they flipped flopped the past few years anyway each of them now will play with a chip on the shoulder something to prove - I like it

BuffaloBlitz83
09-09-2010, 08:02 AM
Jackson isn't on same planet as Spiller in Talent. People love cheering for guys that were working at Walmart 5 years ago turned NFL producer.

Beebe's Kid
09-09-2010, 09:34 AM
Jackson isn't on same planet as Spiller in Talent. People love cheering for guys that were working at Walmart 5 years ago turned NFL producer.

Wow, you stay classy. People like cheering for guys that bust their ****ing ass and make it against, damn near insurmountable odds.

Nobody claims that Jackson is more talented than Spiller, and this might be hard for you to grasp, but we can actually have 2 (or 3) good players at the same position. You don't have to have a favorite, they are both on the good guys' side.

Jackson is too good to not see the field. He has had to prove he was that good time, and time again, and I expect no different from him. Think of all of the guys like Hardy that have the world by the ass, only to let it slip away. Guys get kept on rosters for years, because they are supposed to be good. Freddy has to keep fighting because he is not supposed to be good and keeps getting shuffled down the deck.

It is good news that Gailey is a smart football man, and will realize we can only benefit having as many of the RBs on the field at the same time. Freddy can catch, and I'm sure we've all seen CJ's college highlights...you know, the ones where he is catching passes and it's impossible to tell he is not a WR.

Having these three will not be a problem, and although Marshawn has fallen out of favor with so many fans, he will be see time too.

These 3 haven't been healthy and able to be on the field together yet. As exciting as our offense was in the preseason, I think we'll all be really excited Sunday.