PDA

View Full Version : Finheaven calling this game a lock.

HHURRICANE
09-08-2010, 04:46 PM
The Fin fans on Fishheaven pretty much already have the W circled on this game.

They believe that if the keep CJ Spiller from getting to the outside the game is already won.

I don't get how the Fin fans are that confident and they are every year.

Mike in Syracuse
09-08-2010, 04:49 PM

They believe that if the keep CJ Spiller from getting to the outside the game is already won.

Who cares what Finheaven thinks. Half of the Dolphin fans are illegals that floated ashore on inner tubes.

It just makes beating the Dolphins that much sweeter!

better days
09-08-2010, 04:51 PM

How do they plan on doing that? It can't be done...........for an entire game.

YardRat
09-08-2010, 04:54 PM
:squish:

PromoTheRobot
09-08-2010, 04:59 PM
Dolphins are 1-9 in September since 2007.

Dolphins have not won an opening day game since 2003.

(thanks to Coach Sal for that stat.)

PTR

Nighthawk
09-08-2010, 05:07 PM
The confidence they have is laughable.

big hock
09-08-2010, 05:13 PM
Due to the rivalry, the Fins ALWAYS believe that they'll win against the Bills.
I highly believe they're dillusional.

Goobylal
09-08-2010, 05:17 PM
This game is the only lock win for the Bills this year. With Long gimpy or out, it's only going to be a bigger beatdown.

tampabay25690
09-08-2010, 06:20 PM
This is a very difficult spot for the PHINS to be in.
NO team wants to PLAY IN BUFFALO there opening game.

After last years opener I spoke to a few BUCS players and they said it was the MOST DIFFICULT place they have ever played.....

Crisis
09-08-2010, 06:24 PM
finheaven is like the buffalo bills MB for dolphin fans.

just sayin'.

bunch of 16 year olds.

msfdurango
09-08-2010, 06:29 PM

That's because every year since the Superbowl days of the Buffalo bills the media has always predicted that the Dolphins are better than they really are

tampabay25690
09-08-2010, 06:39 PM
I guess we wait till SUNDAY around 3:45 pm we will find out.......
I will be WASTED

Bling
09-08-2010, 06:40 PM
I guess we wait till SUNDAY around 3:45 pm we will find out.......
I will be WASTED

I ever tell you how I laugh at how you post. You randomly caps everything.

casdhf
09-08-2010, 06:42 PM
Due to the rivalry, the Fins ALWAYS believe that they'll win against the Bills.
I highly believe they're dillusional. Yes but,
Due to the rivalry, the Bills ALWAYS believe that they'll win against the Fins.
I highly believe they're dillusional.

Mike13
09-08-2010, 08:59 PM
The Phins is a better site.

Who cares what Finheaven thinks. Half of the Dolphin fans are illegals that floated ashore on inner tubes.

It just makes beating the Dolphins that much sweeter!

Who cares what Billszone thinks? Half the Bills fans are brain dead inbred hicks.

Painting with a broad brush is fun.

huck1974
09-08-2010, 09:27 PM
The Phins is a better site.

Who cares what Billszone thinks? Half the Bills fans are brain dead inbred hicks.

Painting with a broad brush is fun.

Geez. I'm a Dolphan, but don't you make the rest of us reasonable people look bad by spewing things like that?

I have worn my jersey proud there and met many good people and had a nice tailgate. Its just a game. There are good and bad people everywhere. Do we need to distinguish ourselves over a game?

Trash talking is fun. Fighting and childish manner is just silly.

tampabay25690
09-08-2010, 09:30 PM
I ever tell you how I laugh at how you post. You randomly caps everything.

Yea I do....No idea why I do it either....

trapezeus
09-08-2010, 09:51 PM
i like that they are confident. it'll break their hearts even more when they lose.

!Papacrunk!
09-08-2010, 09:54 PM
I haven't taken finheaven seriously in a very long time. Not kissing ass here, but I'm worried about the Bills' secondary and their home field advantage. Glad it's this time of the year that it's at Ralph

Extremebillsfan247
09-08-2010, 10:01 PM

I don't get how the Fin fans are that confident and they are every year.If I were the DC of Miami, I would double Lee, and stack 8 in the box, force Edwards to beat me with another weapon. In fact, it wouldn't surprise if that is the Miami strategy going into this one. We are going to need big games out of Johnson and Parrish to win this one on the offensive side of the ball. That's what I'm thinking.

With that being said, we beat them last year with out a legitimate OC, I think they are underestimating Gailey just a bit. This guy knows how to win. After Sunday, they will finally notice that Jauron is no longer here. lol Go Bills...

ServoBillieves
09-08-2010, 10:09 PM
LET'S GO BUFFALO, LET'S GO BUFFALO.

That is all.

Goobylal
09-08-2010, 10:26 PM
If I were the DC of Miami, I would double Lee, and stack 8 in the box, force Edwards to beat me with another weapon. In fact, it wouldn't surprise if that is the Miami strategy going into this one. We are going to need big games out of Johnson and Parrish to win this one on the offensive side of the ball. That's what I'm thinking.
I have a feeling we'll be seeing this formation more than a few times:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=440

That's the formation/play on which Edwards threw a 70-yard TD to Evans. Now I'm not saying it will go for a long TD all the time, or even a large percentage of the time. But it's a formation that can cause real matchup/defending problems, since Edwards can audible to the run or pass depending on the pre-snap read, and from which they can gain yardage.

With that being said, we beat them last year with out a legitimate OC, I think they are underestimating Gailey just a bit. This guy knows how to win. After Sunday, they will finally notice that Jauron is no longer here. lol Go Bills...
It's amazing the team scored ANY points last year. Let's see, installing the no-huddle, which they were ill-equipped to run, then firing their OC and LT a week before the season, then dumping the no-huddle after a few games, and all the injuries on the O-line. At least the first 3 won't be happening, although injuries will always be a concern.

Coach Sal
09-08-2010, 10:43 PM
There's a student in my school who's a big Fins fan (actually, a lot of them, obviously since I live in SW Florida).

I asked him what he thought about our teams' playing each other this weekend.

His response to me: "C'Mon. This will be like a preseason game for us."

So I replied back: "You're probably right, because Miami looked pretty bad in the preseason."

Coach Sal
09-08-2010, 10:50 PM

PTR

Not sure if I said '03 on the air or not, but the last time they won their opener was '05. The points remain the same, I just want to clarify.

Goobylal
09-08-2010, 11:03 PM
There's a student in my school who's a big Fins fan (actually, a lot of them, obviously since I live in SW Florida).

I asked him what he thought about our teams' playing each other this weekend.

His response to me: "C'Mon. This will be like a preseason game for us."

So I replied back: "You're probably right, because Miami looked pretty bad in the preseason."
:lmao:

:bf1:

Buffalogic
09-08-2010, 11:18 PM
42-17 bills

Eventually
09-09-2010, 12:18 AM

I have a feeling that fans of any team we play this year will have us circled as a win. A step further, I'm guessing anyone that does survivor picks are paying big time attention to who plays the Bills each week.

It's all good and dandy though. All this belittlling by Nat. Media et. al, will make each win, no matter how many there are, that much sweeter.

camelcowboy
09-09-2010, 12:20 AM
Paula Abdula blows goats

TMu11
09-09-2010, 04:57 AM
If I were the DC of Miami, I would double Lee, and stack 8 in the box, force Edwards to beat me with another weapon. In fact, it wouldn't surprise if that is the Miami strategy going into this one.......

If i were the DC of Miami I would put 3 on Evans, 7 on Spiller (or FJ,ML) and let one guy take Trent.

But they won't. GO BILLS

don137
09-09-2010, 05:19 AM
This is a very difficult spot for the PHINS to be in.
NO team wants to PLAY IN BUFFALO there opening game.

After last years opener I spoke to a few BUCS players and they said it was the MOST DIFFICULT place they have ever played.....

Agreed. I took my 10 year old to the Bills opening game last year against the Bucs. He has been to several Panther games since I have season tickets to the Panthers. About half way through the first quarter he asked me when will everyone sit down. I told him you are not watching a game in Charlotte son. You are watching a game at the Ralph. Fans do not sit down and do not stop cheering their head off at the Ralph and are more passionate than any other fan. I told him Bills fans are like no other.

psubills62
09-09-2010, 08:47 AM
Bills fans aren't necessarily the only ones not believing in the Miami hype.

The Dolphins and Bears are the NFL's two most overrated teams heading into the season. With offensive line woes, a headcase quarterback, and an aging defense, the Bears are set up for a freefall in the sendoff season for coach Lovie Smith and GM Jerry Angelo. I'm not buying talk of a breakout year for mediocre quarterback Chad Henne (http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=4684), and the Dolphins have major questions on defense with six new starters and no pass rush.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/features/column.aspx?sport=NFL&columnid=77&articleid=36117

!Papacrunk!
09-09-2010, 03:08 PM
I'm nervous about the game

Static
09-09-2010, 03:18 PM
I'm nervous about the game

So am I crunk.....so am I.......

Buffalo Thriller
09-09-2010, 03:46 PM
Blazing speed from C.J vs the mediocre line backing core speed. 1-0 BILLS

Bufftp
09-09-2010, 04:43 PM
Finheaven calling this game a lock The Fin fans on Fishheaven pretty much already have the W circled on this game.

And they call Teal and orange manly colors. Just saying...

I think their may be a surprise Offensively by the Bills for the Dolphins. I think we put some points on the boards and get a few timely picks by the D.

Bills 27 Dolphins 24

Nublar7
09-09-2010, 09:34 PM
A little ironic that you guys bash Miami fans for being confident, yet every Bills fan in this thread is convinced that Buffalo will win. Two way street guys.

Miami will win, and that is not a homer view, but a fact.

psubills62
09-09-2010, 09:45 PM
A little ironic that you guys bash Miami fans for being confident, yet every Bills fan in this thread is convinced that Buffalo will win. Two way street guys.

You have a very odd definition of "facts," as it involves things that haven't happened yet.

better days
09-09-2010, 10:38 PM
Living in SW Fla I pick up both 770-Ft Myers & 940-Miami, both are sports talk & Fin stations. While driving around today I was going back & forth between the two of them. "Miami CAN NOT lose this game" was one quote & the general theme of both stations.

Some Fish fans think the game is a lock while others are worried, but they all agree if Miami loses this game their season is in jeopardy. They have 8 tough games after the Bills & could go 0-9 if they lose to the Bills.

When the Bills win Sunday it will be fun to listen to them on Monday.

better days
09-09-2010, 11:13 PM

I think the fact this is a Bills board, has a little to do with Bills fans confidence in this thread.

TrEd FTW
09-10-2010, 12:58 AM

Grab a dictionary and look up the word in bold. I don't think you know what it means.

OpIv37
09-10-2010, 09:09 AM
it seems to me that there are a lot of people on this board guaranteeing a Bills win.

I don't know why people are so shocked that they consider it a lock on finheaven when so many people here consider it a lock for us.

DolfanTom
09-10-2010, 09:49 AM

PTR

We beat the Broncos to start the 2005 season! Heck, in '03 we lost the opener to the Texans.

But you're right, we struggle early on for whatever reason.

Trust me, this game is far from a lock. Oh how I wish it were a lock.

DolfanTom
09-10-2010, 09:50 AM
it seems to me that there are a lot of people on this board guaranteeing a Bills win.

I don't know why people are so shocked that they consider it a lock on finheaven when so many people here consider it a lock for us.

On paper, I could outline plenty of scenarios for a Dolphins victory. Unfortunately, Dolphin games IN Buffalo aren't played on paper. Strange things happen ....

DolfanTom
09-10-2010, 09:55 AM
Blazing speed from C.J vs the mediocre line backing core speed. 1-0 BILLS
Dansby is far closer to elite than mediocre!

Still, it's more on Wake and Misi/Alma-Francis to set the edge to contain Spiller - we'll have to see.

OpIv37
09-10-2010, 09:59 AM
On paper, I could outline plenty of scenarios for a Dolphins victory. Unfortunately, Dolphin games IN Buffalo aren't played on paper. Strange things happen ....

At this point it could go either way. The Bills have their flaws, but they are playing at home and the Dolphins won't know what to expect from the new systems on both sides of the ball.

I think the Dolphins pull this one out, due to consistency and better overall talent, but it wouldn't shock me to see the Bills win.

DolfanTom
09-10-2010, 10:15 AM
At this point it could go either way. The Bills have their flaws, but they are playing at home and the Dolphins won't know what to expect from the new systems on both sides of the ball.

I think the Dolphins pull this one out, due to consistency and better overall talent, but it wouldn't shock me to see the Bills win.

Sadly, for me, it would not shock me either.

Honestly, I think the first quarter could determine it. I think if Miami comes out firing and attacks Trent Edwards, possibly forcing a turnover, it could cause him to panic, which - history shows - does not bode well for you.

BUT, if they sit back, and see if their front four can generate pressure w/out blitzes and - instead - you gain yards in chunks and put up 7-10 points, the crowd will be in a frenzy, and your team feeds off that. The key for me early is to keep the crowd out of the game and try to assert some kind of authority (presuming the Dolphins have any to begin with - which is a question in itself).

I was there last year, and the Dolphins were rushing down the field at will w/ Ricky. The crowd was dead, as if they were expecting to get crushed. Then, Henning has Ricky throw a pass for some inexplicable reason and gets picked off. The crowd comes alive - wow did it come alive. Your team fed off that and the rest is history.

Not saying it would've been a different result if Ricky had just run it in like everyone seemed to be expecting at that point - but boy, I woud've liked to have found out.

To me, kill the crowd, score some points early, and keep the place from getting electrified like it does. I don't see a scenario where Miami comes back if it falls behind more than 3-0 early. It just doesn't happen there. In the few times we have won there over the past 20 years, it's been by blowout strangely enough.

Jimbuktu
09-10-2010, 10:18 AM
We beat the Broncos to start the 2005 season! Heck, in '03 we lost the opener to the Texans.

But you're right, we struggle early on for whatever reason.

Trust me, this game is far from a lock. Oh how I wish it were a lock.

In the 90s it always seemed you started 4-0 or whatever. I guess it just works out the other way.

Sort of like how we made the playoffs for most of the 90s, but haven't made it once this decade. It balances out.

DolfanTom
09-10-2010, 10:22 AM
Sort of like how we made the playoffs for most of the 90s, but haven't made it once this decade. It balances out.It still shocks me everytime I hear how long it's been since the Bills were in the playoffs. It's like God is paying you back for giving you all those great years!

(although, geez, did he have to make you lose ALL four of those Superbowls!)

Static
09-10-2010, 10:59 AM
It's a division game, they are always up for grabs...Hell we have destroyed the patriots before but we were not the more talented team. These games are never a lock.

NJFINSFAN1
09-10-2010, 01:33 PM
Well, I'm not on FH, and I don't think its a lock.

But I think we win say 24-16 or something like that.

Spiller scares me, and Evans always plays well against us.

You LBers are beat up and your secondary is beatable.

But by no means am I calling this a lock.

Nublar7
09-12-2010, 03:10 PM

Grab a dictionary and look up the word in bold. I don't think you know what it means.
Told ya. Don't ever doubt me.

better days
09-12-2010, 03:58 PM

You can thank Edwards for that game, he even gift wrapped it for you.

Nublar7
09-12-2010, 04:13 PM
You can thank Edwards for that game, he even gift wrapped it for you.Wasn't all Edwards. It was a great defense by Miami and just enough offense. Our offense is still trying to gel, so you better be even more prepared when you come down to Miami later in the year.

Despite the closer score then I expected, Miami did dominate almost the entire game. The final score does not accurately show how one sided the game actually was.

Historian
09-12-2010, 07:14 PM
I actually felt it was still anyone's game until Miami went up 13-3.

Because AT 10-3, The Bills received two punts at roughly midfield. Unfortunately, they could do absolutely nothing with the ball.

Goobylal
09-12-2010, 07:16 PM
That missed PI call on Evans was huge. Call that, and it's 1st and 10 inside the 10.

Mike13
09-12-2010, 08:17 PM
That missed PI call on Evans was huge. Call that, and it's 1st and 10 inside the 10.

You guys got away with hold after hold and Marshall was boderline assraped on several occasions.

Vampire Baby
09-12-2010, 08:41 PM
Finheaven was right :gtfo2:
It is a lock..... Dolphins win 15-10.
I love it.

better days
09-12-2010, 09:05 PM
You guys got away with hold after hold and Marshall was boderline assraped on several occasions.

I don't recall the announcers ever saying Marshall was being held. I did not see it. But the Bills were called for holding on the line a few times that also played a part in the outcome of the game.

huck1974
09-12-2010, 09:20 PM
I think he was talking about the mugging taking place every play against Wake.

TrEd FTW
09-12-2010, 09:57 PM
I wouldn't get too excited, man. The Dolphins are terrible. It just so happens that the Bills are even more pitiful.

Today was the proverbial douche-turd sandwich matchup.

Joe Fo Sho
09-12-2010, 10:07 PM

I hear that's how Marshall likes it.

Mike13
09-12-2010, 11:58 PM
I hear that's how Marshall likes it.

Hur hur hur you are so witty.