• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Now I'm Glad Shanahan Said No To The Bills

He seems more concerned with pounding on Haynesworth and getting press for it than getting his new team ready to play football.

A public ego stroke of epic proportions at the expense of his team. I'm already sick of him and will find joy in seeing the Redskins getting drilled.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit
  • BuffaloBlitz83
    We play to win the game!
    • Oct 2009

Re: Now I'm Glad Shanahan Said No To The Bills

Ya I agree he's been ego crazy versus Haynesworth

Comment

• better days
      • Jan 2010

Danny Boy will open the pocket book for him to get him players but if Shanny does not win in a timely fashion, I think Danny will move on to the next NAME HC that becomes available.

Comment

• big hock
        • Sep 2010

turth be known.....i could never see Shanahan make it for this club.

Comment

• YardRat
          Well, lookie here...
          • Dec 2004

Didn't want him from the start anyway.
          YardRat Wall of Fame
          #56 DARRYL TALLEY
          #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

i agree with the original post and yardrat's post.

i'm happy he isn't here and i never wanted him.

Comment

• topher180
              • Sep 2008

Agree that he has pushed this way too far. I just do see how you would want our current HC over a proven winner. Just saying.

in·ept
              Adjective: Having or showing no skill; clumsy.

:historian:

Comment

• casdhf
                • Jul 2002

I can't fault him. He's coaching a high profile team, with an owner that won't stay out of the way. He may as well show who runs the show.
                Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• Mike13
                  • Aug 2005

I'd take the Rat over unproven Gailey any day of the week.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                    Sab and TD are insignificant
                    • Sep 2002

I seriously doubt anyone would be disappointed if MS came here.
                    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by better days
                      Danny Boy will open the pocket book for him to get him players but if Shanny does not win in a timely fashion, I think Danny will move on to the next NAME HC that becomes available.
                      He had the checkbook in Denver, and consistently bought high priced veteran band aids....

Shanahan had Elway, and then that team was on team spiral.

Please tell me all of their records after Elway to prove how good they were, I am sure somebody has to. I am saying that after Elway, a good team slowly deteriorated under Shanahan's "genius," and only the Good Lord and his QB can save them now.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
                        • Nov 2009

Originally posted by Mike13
                        I'd take the Rat over unproven Gailey any day of the week.
                        You would.

Gailey is not as "unproven" as you think. A quick Google search will allow you to learn a little about the enigma of a man that is Chan Gailey.

Shanahan won Super Bowls, do I guess he is "proven," but, much like Denver had to ask themselves...what has he done lately?

He is still living off of the royalties from when Elway won two rings. I acknoedge that Shanahan was/is a decent coach, but he is nowhere near the legend he thinks he is.

I loved the talk about how he would need to be our GM if he came here. That has never worked, and he ruined tbe Broncos when given the same abundance of power.

I know that he didn't come here because Buffalo is a **** hole and Ralph is cheap, and Thurman has a goat, right? I think he was scared of a challenge, and isn't committed to coaching, but rather would rather pull off a Torre-like superstar babysitter job, which Snyder has proven, countless times, to be a proponent of.

If it only worked that way, they could start getting ring sizes, but since that has never proven to work in the NFL, in fact quite the opposite, I'll put off sculpting the Rat's bust for Canton.

I do like the Rome reference though...the Rat family was good ****.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Night Train
                          He seems more concerned with pounding on Haynesworth and getting press for it than getting his new team ready to play football.

A public ego stroke of epic proportions at the expense of his team. I'm already sick of him and will find joy in seeing the Redskins getting drilled.

It's not like Shanny woulda had that problem here. There is no big ego star on this roster.

And I'm sure everyone remembers that I was totally against hiring Shanahan from the start seeing I got into numerous arguments about his legacy.

Comment

• better days
                            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Beebe's Kid
                            He had the checkbook in Denver, and consistently bought high priced veteran band aids....

Shanahan had Elway, and then that team was on team spiral.

Please tell me all of their records after Elway to prove how good they were, I am sure somebody has to. I am saying that after Elway, a good team slowly deteriorated under Shanahan's "genius," and only the Good Lord and his QB can save them now.
                            Hey, I agree with you. I doubt the Skins ever win the Division with Shanny.

Comment

• don137
                              • Jul 2002

Two things. The Bills have no high talent like Haynesworth on our team so it would not come into play.
                              Secondly, its basically a power struggle between a lazy star player and a coach trying to show their is a new sherriff in town and he is making an example of him and if you want to play for him you are going to do it his way no matter who you are.
                              Last edited by don137; 09-09-2010, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X