PDA

View Full Version : Free DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket this weekend

OpIv37
09-08-2010, 10:14 PM
If you're not in Buffalo and have DirecTV, watch the game at home for free.

If you are in Buffalo, check out some other games during commercials or at 4 pm. I'm a big fan of flipping to the Game Mix channel during commercials- I can check what's going on in the other games, and I know as soon as the BIlls game comes back.

Enjoy.

ublinkwescore
09-08-2010, 10:28 PM
exactly what I plan to do.

I'll watch the game at home this week (I get paid this week, and not next week), so I'll go down to my local watering hole that has the ticket, and drop like $30 on a gift card (it's a place called Pizza + Fun) so I can get a pizza for me and my son, and a beer or two for me for week 2. I have a feeling my girl's gonna have to come get him before the half though.

OpIv37
09-10-2010, 09:06 AM
bump- I'm going to keep bumping this til Sunday for informational purposes.

WeAreArthurMoates
09-10-2010, 09:24 AM
Nice, I was hoping they would have this, you best know I will be peaking in on the cincy game.

OpIv37
09-10-2010, 09:26 AM
Just a note to anyone in Buffalo: the local games are blacked out on the Sunday Ticket channel to force people to watch on the local channel. So you won't be able to watch the Bills on 705 or whatever it is for the Ticket, but don't freak if you see the "This game is blacked out in your area" message. Just flip to the local CBS station and it will be on.

The last buffalo fan
09-10-2010, 09:41 AM
Oh man oh man oh man, I'm ****ing excited already!!!!! :squish: :beers: :boozer: :drunks:

BlackMetalNinja
09-10-2010, 10:46 AM
bump- I'm going to keep bumping this til Sunday for informational purposes.I posted it like a week ago and it was totally ignored... Oh well, those who don't know lose out. Probably the only Bills game I'll get to "enjoy" this season.

billsburgh
09-10-2010, 11:09 AM
will those of us who actually pay for this service get a credit for this week since it's free for everyone else?

OpIv37
09-10-2010, 11:10 AM
will those of us who actually pay for this service get a credit for this week since it's free for everyone else?

hahahaha of course not.

EricStratton
09-10-2010, 11:37 AM
They must be having trouble selling it as they keep jacking up the price. I don't remember them ever giving it away in the past.

DraftBoy
09-10-2010, 11:41 AM
They must be having trouble selling it as they keep jacking up the price. I don't remember them ever giving it away in the past.
Week 1 was free last season as well. They run a free week of all their premium sports package during their opening week.

EricStratton
09-10-2010, 11:58 AM
Week 1 was free last season as well. They run a free week of all their premium sports package during their opening week.

I don't remember week 1 being free and that was my first season not buying it.

I guess I'm older then I think.

dplus47
09-10-2010, 01:15 PM

They don't really overwhelm their existing customers with offers, but if you've been with them for a while, I have found them pretty responsive.

I've had DirecTv and Sunday Ticket for maybe 6 years, and one year I called them and asked for a discount and they gave it to me. It wasn't much--maybe $5-10 a month, but anything helps.

BlackMetalNinja
09-10-2010, 01:38 PM
I don't remember week 1 being free and that was my first season not buying it.

I guess I'm older then I think.Last year was the first year they did a free preview for Sunday Ticket. The other sports get a week at the beginning and usually again at the mid point of the season every year.

OpIv37
09-10-2010, 01:42 PM
They don't really overwhelm their existing customers with offers, but if you've been with them for a while, I have found them pretty responsive.

I've had DirecTv and Sunday Ticket for maybe 6 years, and one year I called them and asked for a discount and they gave it to me. It wasn't much--maybe $5-10 a month, but anything helps.

Last year, when they still had Superfan, I was able to get it for free. I called and complained with the argument- "I already pay for HD service, I already pay for Sunday Ticket- why should I have to pay again to get Sunday Ticket in HD when I'm already paying for both?" They bought it and I saved ~$100.

This year, they were much more stingy. I called and threatened to cancel it and they called my bluff and didn't offer me anything. I ended up just canceling the online/mobile viewing portion, as I rarely used it anyway.

DBrown77
09-10-2010, 01:58 PM
I think they keep notes about the calls you make. They used to give me everything for free and now wont give me crap. They called my bluff about cancelling more than once. I hate DTV, but they got me by the sack.

OpIv37
09-10-2010, 02:28 PM
I think they keep notes about the calls you make. They used to give me everything for free and now wont give me crap. They called my bluff about cancelling more than once. I hate DTV, but they got me by the sack.

They're far from perfect, but they're still better than Comcast or Xfinity or whatever that piece of garbage company is calling themselves these days.

Ed
09-10-2010, 03:24 PM
Good to know. Thanks for the info. I think Directv is also doing a promo for new customers. If you sign up now, you get 5 months of sunday ticket for free.

I personally really like going to my local bills backer bar, but I may stay home this sunday since it will probably be my only chance to watch a bills game on my new tv this year.

better days
09-10-2010, 10:52 PM
Good to know. Thanks for the info. I think Directv is also doing a promo for new customers. If you sign up now, you get 5 months of sunday ticket for free.

I personally really like going to my local bills backer bar, but I may stay home this sunday since it will probably be my only chance to watch a bills game on my new tv this year.

I watch about 1/2 the games at home, I go to my friends or backer bar for others. I have to go to my sisters for the N.E. game......my brother in law is a Pats* fan...BOO... but a nice guy anyway. It is annoying watching that game, but at least they put out a great spread. I DVR all the games & watch at least twice. If the Bills are any good, I will make DVD's. If anybody wants one let me know.