• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

The All Billszone Team

A few Months back we polled the posters here at the Billszone and we asked everyone to submit their most dominant players at each position.

Initially I had bigger plans for this, but I wasn't able to get to it.

Here are your results...

QB: Peyton Manning
    RB: Chris Johnson and Adrian Peterson
    FB: LeRon McClain
    WR: Andre Johnson, Calvin Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald
    TE: Jason Witten
    LT: Joe Thomas
    LG: Steve Hutchinson
    C: Nick Mangold
    RG: Alen Faneca
    RT: Ryan Clady
    DE: Mario Williams
    DT: Kevin Williams
    DT: Haloti Ngata
    DE: Jared Allen
    OLB: Demarcus Ware, James Harrison
    ILB: Patrick Willis
    CB: Darell Revis, Nnamdi Asomugha
    FS: Ed Reed
    SS: Troy Polamalu
    K: Mason Crosby
    P: Brian Moorman
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: The All Billszone Team

No Bills but many of them could have been.

Comment

• The King
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
      No Bills but many of them could have been.
      Moorman made the cut.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
        Unreachable Douche
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by King Bedard
        Moorman made the cut.
        Oh, sorry, I didn't see the Punter.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
          • Nov 2009

If we had a good FO, they all would be Bills. We would intentionally lose all of our games, giving us the 1st pick, then we would trade Lynch for a 6th, Whinter for a 7th, and as much as it pains me to say it, Steve Johnson for two 1st, and a 2nd rounder.

We would have figured out how to get the rest of the picks, probably trade Kirk Chambers, and Mitchell for them.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
            • Sep 2008

Originally posted by King Bedard
            A few Months back we polled the posters here at the Billszone and we asked everyone to submit their most dominant players at each position.

Initially I had bigger plans for this, but I wasn't able to get to it.

Here are your results...
            Not too bad, the only problem I saw with it is that you have a bunch of guys on defense who normally play in a 3/4 scheme, set up to play in a 4/3. Or am I seeing that wrong? If it were based on running a 4/3 defense, then wouldn't the best guys up on the line be a little different since the 4/3 is more based on speed, and quickness to the ball, rather than power and eating up the middle of scrimmage with a big NT? not criticizing really, just wondering. Doesn't really matter either way though, good football players.
            Last edited by Extremebillsfan247; 09-09-2010, 07:58 PM.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
              Lets GO BUFFALO!!
              • Jun 2005

I dont think he went by a specific defense or offense

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

Oh c'mon...Marshall is a better receiver than those three combined, judging by some of the posts I've seen this week.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
                  Will not tolerate vandalism.
                  • Apr 2006

Ah, Ngata... what could've been... but Ngata chance with the front office they had running the show. With due respect to Marv, the people under him who ran the show weren't too bright.
                  Last edited by Johnny Bugmenot; 09-09-2010, 09:42 PM.

Comment

• The King
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Extremebillsfan247
                    Not too bad, the only problem I saw with it is that you have a bunch of guys on defense who normally play in a 3/4 scheme, set up to play in a 4/3. Or am I seeing that wrong? If it were based on running a 4/3 defense, then wouldn't the best guys up on the line be a little different since the 4/3 is more based on speed, and quickness to the ball, rather than power and eating up the middle of scrimmage with a big NT? not criticizing really, just wondering. Doesn't really matter either way though, good football players.
                    Originally posted by PECKERWOOD
                    You spent all that time typing ass hole? I didn't read a word of what you said.
                    It was pretty much done the same way pro bowl voting is.
                    It was all

Comment

Working...
                    X