PDA

View Full Version : Don's 2010 Season Predictions

DonCanabis
09-09-2010, 07:47 PM
THE DON'S<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
Crystal Ball<o:p></o:p>

2010 SEASON<o:p></o:p>
PREDICTIONS<o:p></o:p>

By DonCanabis/TheDon<o:p></o:p>
Analyst/Godfather<o:p></o:p>
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f125/atw217/brando.png<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Ok, the wait is finally over, preseason games are done, final cuts have been made and we already know all the injuries for the start of the season.... So it's time to dust off the old crystal ball and start with the Season predictions. I know some of you are going to hate me after you see the record of your teams but it’s part of the job. Let me assure you I take this very serious. I go game by game for each team and count everything like depth on the roaster in case of injuries.<o:p></o:p>
Some Quick Hits to get us started.<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>

For the Past 14 years at least 4 new teams get into the playoffs each year and at least 6 for the past 5 years.<o:p></o:p>

For the past 10 years at least 2 teams with losing records the prior year have made the playoffs.<o:p></o:p>

Since 1986 only 7 teams have been able to go back and play in a Superbowl. Since 2000 only 1 team has done it.<o:p></o:p>

Since 2001 all NFC champions have been different teams. In the same time only 4 AFC teams have reach the Superbowl.<o:p></o:p>

Next to the 2009 record you’ll see a correct written next to it for all the records I got right from last year’s projection<o:p></o:p>
AFC EAST<o:p></o:p>
BUFFALO BILLS<o:p></o:p>
2009 record: 6-10 Correct<o:p></o:p>
2010 Projection: 2-14<o:p></o:p>
Like I said last year, this team has no O-line to cover or open holes for the running game. No QB that can throw the passes. Just 1 WR to catch them... and let’s get real...no Head Coach either. You know this team is headed for disaster when the Owner says he’s going to bring a big name HC and he signs Chan Gailey. I like their defense. It will keep them in some games. C.J Spiller looks as good as advertised ,but he will have to become the second coming of Barry Sanders for this team to win some games?<o:p></o:p>
MIAMI DOLPHINS<o:p></o:p>
2009 Record: 7-9<o:p></o:p>
2010 Projection: 8-8<o:p></o:p>
I had them at 8-8 last year and almost got it right. I really like this team and the direction it has taken since the three amigos took over (Sparano, Parcells and Ireland), The team is very young. They have had very good drafts and are doing a great job of building the foundation for years to come. This could be my surprise team of 2010. If not they will definitely be in the playoffs in 2011 if we ever get a 2011 season. The biggest question is can Henne up his game and become a top 15 QB. I think this year is a bit early for them still. There is just to much inexperience still on the roster to last the second half of the season.<o:p></o:p>
NEW ENGLAND<o:p></o:p>
2009 Record: 10-6<o:p></o:p>
2010 Projection: 10-6 (4th Place)<o:p></o:p>
Even if they don’t want to admit it New England is going through a rebuilding mode. Long gone are the days of AFC East dominance when you didn’t even have to pay attention to their season. You Just knew they were going to win the division. Their defense is green and they have no running game. I expect them to win the division again but if they don’t they won’t make it as a wildcard.<o:p></o:p>
NEW YORK JETS<o:p></o:p>
2009 Record:9-7<o:p></o:p>
2010 Projection: 9-7<o:p></o:p>
Everyone is in love with the Jets and Rex Ryan. Heck I’ve never seen the show Hard Knocks get so much attention before. They have brought a lot of weapons and they’re putting all their eggs in one basket to make it this year. But what everyone seems to forget is that this was a 7-7 team last year before Indianapolis and Cincinnati gave them the season. They got luck and had a great run in the playoffs. The two biggest question marks for this team is Mark Sanchez. Great poster child but hasn’t shown he can be a great QB yet. Revis we don’t know how much the chase for a new contract will hurt his play this season, but it has to hurt him some with rust and all of that for the first few games of the regular season.<o:p></o:p>
AFC NORTH<o:p></o:p>
BALTIMORE RAVENS<o:p></o:p>
2009 Record: 9-7<o:p></o:p>
2009 Projection:13-3 (Conference Champions)<o:p></o:p>
It’s funny to think about Baltimore and think offense and not defense. This team has done a complete turn around. They still have a good defense but there are too many question marks in the secondary and that could cost them some games. But the reality is that this team will go as far as their offense will take them.<o:p></o:p>
CINCINNATI BENGALS<o:p></o:p>
2009 Record:10-6<o:p></o:p>
2010 Record 11-5(Wildcard)<o:p></o:p>
Wow what a difference a year makes! I had written this team off and then they had the year they had last year. This team didn’t think it was good enough and then they got better. They finally got Palmer some weapons that he desperately needed and they have a top 5 defense and a potent offense. This is a team to watch out for this year.<o:p></o:p>
CLEVELAND BROWNS<o:p></o:p>
2009 Record: 5-11<o:p></o:p>
2010 Record: 3-13<o:p></o:p>
I often wonder if the Browns would have preferred not getting the expansion team and just lived with the memory of the good old days when it actually meant something to be a Brown. Delhome is the QB that at least will cost you 2 games.<o:p></o:p>
PITTSBURGH STEELERS<o:p></o:p>
2009 Record:9-7<o:p></o:p>
2010 Projection:7-9<o:p></o:p>
Yes I know Ben will only be out 4 games. So why 9 loses? Easy...tough schedule...bad o-line and the distractions are going to cost this team some games this year. Plus the level in the division has gone way Up!<o:p></o:p>
AFC SOUTH<o:p></o:p>
HOUSTON TEXANS<o:p></o:p>
2008 Record:9-7 Correct<o:p></o:p>
2009 Projection:10-6(Wildcard)<o:p></o:p>
Last year was the year where they finally pulled off a winning season. This year will be the year they finally make the playoffs. If Schuab can make it two years in a row playing 16 games this team will compete. The only thing that can end this team’s chances is the self destruction they have in the 4th quarter all the time.<o:p></o:p>
INDIANAPOLIS COLTS<o:p></o:p>
2009 Record:14-2<o:p></o:p>
2010 Projection: 12-4 (2nd Place)<o:p></o:p>
This team is so boring to predict because we just expect every year for them to get at least 12 wins. This year they have some questions on their Offensive Line. Nothing new there because they always have questions with the line every year. They get Bob Sanders back for at least 1 game and Anthony Gonzalez. So expect the same playoffs out of this team like we get every year it seems.<o:p></o:p>
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS<o:p></o:p>
2010 Projection: 5-11<o:p></o:p>
In another division this team might get 8 or 9 wins but not in this one. Pour draft choices every year including this one have hurt this team I really like Jack DelRio but this team needs a new face, new approach and someone else making the decision.<o:p></o:p>
TENNESSEE TITANS<o:p></o:p>
2009 Record:8-8<o:p></o:p>
If someone can prove me wrong is Jeff fisher this coach gets more out of his players each year than any other coach so I wouldn’t be surprised if this team makes the playoffs but the reality is they have a tough schedule we can’t expect CJ to have another 2,000 yard year and even if I liked the maturity Young showed last year after he came back I still don’t believe he can put his team on his shoulders.<o:p></o:p>
AFC WEST<o:p></o:p>
DENVER BRONCOS<o:p></o:p>
2009 Record: 8-8<o:p></o:p>
2010 Projection: 5-11<o:p></o:p>
Not only this team has made the most complete cleaning in the history of the NFL but has made some of the most questionable decision also. You can say this team has enough with a dictator of a coach that has set back this franchise for a few years but they got hit with the injury bug big in preseason it’s easier to count who’s healthy to who’s injured.<o:p></o:p>
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS<o:p></o:p>
2009 Record:4-12<o:p></o:p>
2010 Projection:6-10<o:p></o:p>
This team is rebuilding and we still don’t know I the franchise QB is really a franchise QB. Liked their draft but this team has a long way to go.<o:p></o:p>
OAKLAND RAIDERS<o:p></o:p>
I can’t explain it but the Raiders not only had a good offeason but a great draft. It’s like a weird episode of the twilight zone. I assume everyone told big Al the draft was a week after because there’s no way he had anything to do with the selections the team made, why I know this? Because they were actually good, I like the defense, the addition of Campbell will make this offense at least respectable, so I expect a move up for this team.<o:p></o:p>
SAN DIEGO CHARGERS<o:p></o:p>
2009 Record: 13-3<o:p></o:p>
2010 Projection: 11-5 (3rd Place)<o:p></o:p>
The Offseason started great with the addition of Mathews to give the team the missing link to put them in the Superbowl we all thought this would be the year. But then as always A.J Smith wanted to show everyone who’s the boss. The confrontation with V.Jackson and McNeil not only means the loss of two key players to a contention team but that move has also created a division in a locker room because if the top players don’t get paid when are the rest going to. This team will make the playoffs because a team of each division has to get in but it will be a tough season.

Continue...

DonCanabis
09-09-2010, 07:47 PM
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
NFC EAST<o:p></o:p>
DALLAS COWBOYS<o:p></o:p>
2009 Record: 11-5 Correct<o:p></o:p>
2010 Projection: 11-5 (3rd Place)<o:p></o:p>
Dallas has one of the toughest schedules in the league specially the second half of the season so if they can make it maybe they can play at a top level in the playoffs. I can see them winning the division based on the talent but it would be very hard to get the first round bye just because teams like Green Bay and New Orleans have a much easier road to the playoffs. If this team doesn’t get to the NFC Championship we can expect a coaching move at the end of the season there’s too many talent in this team to continue to underperform.<o:p></o:p>
NEW YORK GIANTS<o:p></o:p>
2010 Projection: 10-6 (Wildcard)<o:p></o:p>
After a weird 2009 I expect this team to rebound their biggest question mark used to be the QB but each year Eli gets better now it’s their running game, the only thing I don’t like about what this team is doing is the overload of talent at the front 4 of the line you got Probowl talent as backups there and other areas of the field like LB are getting left behind.<o:p></o:p>
PHILADELPHIA EAGLES<o:p></o:p>
2009 Record: 11-5<o:p></o:p>
2010 Projection 8-8<o:p></o:p>
We all knew the Donovan’s days in Philly were numbered for a franchise that has never won anything they quickly forget the old bad days but it was clear that they would never win a Championship with McNabb and it was time to try something new. Kolb looks promising just like Rodgers did when he took over for Favre. But Just like Rodgers, Kolb will need a year to get his feet wet before he can really light it up.<o:p></o:p>
Washington Redskins<o:p></o:p>
2009 Record: 4-12<o:p></o:p>
2010 Record 7-9<o:p></o:p>
I like the Changes the Redskins have made especially in the front office and coaching staff, this team is moving in the right direction and I really can’t wait for year 2 of the Shanahan era. It’s unreal to expect a new team with a complete new staff change of defensive system and new QB to come out and beat everybody but then again you can say the same thing of the 2006 Saints so don’t rule them out. Can anyone think of a tougher division than the 2011 NFC East if we get to that season.<o:p></o:p>
NFC NORTH<o:p></o:p>
CHICAGO BEARS<o:p></o:p>
2010 Projection: 7-9<o:p></o:p>
This team is desperate to win I just don’t trust Cutler, their Oline and Wr’s. They’re set I none of the toughest division and I’m not sure if they’re even the third best team in it that should be enough to say this won’t be their year.<o:p></o:p>
DETROIT LIONS<o:p></o:p>
2009 Record: 2-14<o:p></o:p>
2010 Projection: 7-9<o:p></o:p>
like I said last year, I like what Schwartz is doing with the franchise from the picks to the mentality he has put into a losing team. Don’t let the record confuse you this team played hard the last season and Stafford looks like he will be better this year, I believe this team if they keep it up is 1 or 2 years away from getting back to the playoffs.<o:p></o:p>
GREEN BAY PACKERS<o:p></o:p>
2008 Record: 11-5<o:p></o:p>
2009 Projection: 12-4 (Conference Champions)<o:p></o:p>
My Superbowl prediction of 09 will be the team to get to this Superbowl this year. This team has everything and has looked great in the preseason, they just look like a team that it’s going to be their year. Let’s hope I’m not wrong.<o:p></o:p>
MINNESOTA VIKINGS<o:p></o:p>
2009 Record: 12-4 Correct<o:p></o:p>
You just don’t get the same feeling from last year from Vikings camp, Favre it’s not Ok and you can’t expect another Cinderella year like he had last year, with Rice gone and Percy having problem with migraine the offense will suffer. I really believe this is the year Favre should had stayed retired and I truly believe this is the year he won’t play all 16 games. Also I believe they sent the wrong backup away.<o:p></o:p>
NFC SOUTH<o:p></o:p>
ATLANTA FALCONS<o:p></o:p>
2009 Record: 9-7<o:p></o:p>
2010 Projection: 11-5 (Wildcard)<o:p></o:p>
The defense has gone better, Ryan gets his running game back so we can expect a better year from the Falcons. The franchise never had two winning season in a row before last year this will make it 3.<o:p></o:p>
CAROLINA PANTHERS<o:p></o:p>
I really like Matt Moore and I believe he will have a good year but the team doesn’t have enough weapons on offense or defense to contend for a playoffs spot this year. Many expect this year to be Fox’s last year as a HC I agree so expect another team very happy in January.<o:p></o:p>
NEW ORLEANS SAINTS<o:p></o:p>
2008 Record: 13-3<o:p></o:p>
2009 Record 12-4 (2nd Place)<o:p></o:p>
Well I was right on the money last year with this team. I don’t expect them to suffer for too much partying like many do they have a strong coaching staff, strong veterans in the locker room and this is a team with ambition. If I didn’t knew how hard is for a team to repeat I would take them but the reality is that it almost never happens. I expect them to make the playoffs but they will not defend their crown.<o:p></o:p>
TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS<o:p></o:p>
2009 Record: 3-13<o:p></o:p>
2010 record: 3-13<o:p></o:p>
This was my comment last year “No QB, No OC and No defense no way. Plain and simple this team is rebuilding and needs a lot”. Can I make the same comment two years in a row? Well I think I just did.<o:p></o:p>
NFC WEST<o:p></o:p>
ARIZONA CARDINALS<o:p></o:p>
2009 Record: 10-6<o:p></o:p>
2010 Projection: 6-10<o:p></o:p>
Welcome back old Cardinals we missed you this past years when you actually looked like a team. This team is having a complete overhaul I don’t expect Anderson to last the season and I expect one of the rookies QB’s to take over at some point during the season. Sorry for al lyou fantasy guys that took Larry this year, be prepare to get frustrated.<o:p></o:p>
SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS<o:p></o:p>
2010 Projection: 10-6 (4th Place)<o:p></o:p>
If San Francisco doesn’t win their Division this year I would be astonished. It’s like all the other division teams said “here take it we don’t want it- it’s your turn now”. There’s almost no competition in this division. Heck even a Division II team could win it.<o:p></o:p>
SEATTLE SEAHAWKS<o:p></o:p>
2010 Projection: 4-12<o:p></o:p>
I like the changes Pete Carroll has made with the team (except dropping Houshmandzadeh ), they had one of the best drafts and he’s moving this team in the right direction but it will take more than 1 year to make this team good.<o:p></o:p>
ST. LOUIS RAMS<o:p></o:p>
2009 Record: 1-15<o:p></o:p>
2009 Projection: 2-14<o:p></o:p>
Bradford looked very good in preseason…. Oh Yeah it was preseason… Sorry. I really believe Spagnoulo is the right coach to turn this franchise around but it will take him at least 2 more years.<o:p></o:p>
AFC CHAMPIONSHIP<o:p></o:p>
Baltimore Ravens vs Cincinnati Bengals<o:p></o:p>
NFC CHAMPIONSHIP<o:p></o:p>
Green Bay Packers vs Dallas Cowboys<o:p></o:p>
SUPER BOWL<o:p></o:p>
Cincinnati Bengals vs Green Bay Packers<o:p></o:p>
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS<o:p></o:p>
Green Bay Packers