What i think about the Bills this year..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sportsuser101
    • Feb 2005

What i think about the Bills this year..

Although I am a big fan of CJ Spiller i was disappointed with our draft. We had several needs and while running back was not 1 of them we addressed a weakness which was explosiveness. We didn't address offensive line or quarterback. I've been on record saying how much I love Clausen. I would have loved to take him in the second round. I would have taken Bruce Campbell in the 3rd the offensive tackle from Maryland. Honestly i don't believe Troup or Carrington will make much of an impact for us. But ok i wasn't happy with our draft.

We did very little in free agency. Davis, Edwards and Torbor were solid pickups and should help with the defense since they all have experience in the 34.

I do like the offensive line. When Wood and Bell get back to full strength i think those 2 along with Levitre will make a very strong young offensive line pieces.

The secondary is strong once again. I think it has some playmakers and has some depth behind it. Probably outside of running back the best group that the Bills will run out there.

Im hoping the Bills can be a .500 team. Its tough to think that way but I honestly can't see this team doing much better then that. Heck even .500 might be a stretch. I do think Spiller and the young offensive line can do things. The secondary is solid. Our special teams is always solid.

Here's to the Bills shocking most of us and making the playoffs!
    Dareus - 1st Round Pick
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

Re: What i think about the Bills this year..

I think Nix's approach is just to improve every season... He actually seems like a guy with a 3 year plan...

On paper we look downright awful, but so far Gailey has shown some ability to win games by out coaching his opponent

I think we have a lot to look forward to.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

without troup and carrington, can you imagine how pathetic our DL would be? our OL sucks, but there are players who can at least stand there for a second.

if they went status quo with our switch to 3-4, i guarantee you that every one of our DB's would have been injured coming up constantly to make run support tackles.

it's still not great, but it could have surely been worse.
      Last edited by trapezeus; 09-10-2010, 01:35 PM.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
        Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER
        • Jan 2010

dude we had to address the dline big time...

Comment

• Buffalo Thriller
          • Sep 2010

I was on the Clausen to Buffalo bandwagon as well. But i love CJ and i love Buffalo. Next year im hoping for Jake Locker
          Originally posted by OpIv37
          You guys, the solution is so simple. Find the crazy kids who are shooting up the schools and have them shoot people getting off planes from West Africa.

No more school shootings, no more Ebola.

Obama would have thought of this already if he wasn't a pinko commie Nazi queer-loving wetback-loving Kenyan Indonesian Muslim.

Comment

• mikemac2001
            is the creepy cross dresser staring at you in the corner
            • Mar 2003

how many games were we winning or withen 7 pts in the 4th qtr i think it was like 13/16

i think the guys saw that and said if we had another playmaker to make a few extra plays a game we could have won alot more. they also noticed our Run D blew chunks

DT and DE in draft also signed a DE.

so overall if our Run D improves and We score a few more points we might go from 6-10 to 9-7 not really that hard to imagine.

MUCK
            FIAMI

Comment

• PromoTheRobot
              • Sep 2003

You already ruined your rep by hating Spiller and wanting Claisen.

PTR
              10 Commandments of the D
              1. Never stop Rocking.
              2. Legalize all drugs.
              3. Quit your day job.
              4. All Religion should be taxed.
              5. Cut down on carbohydrates.
              6. F**k her gently.
              7. Never believe what people tell you after a show.
              8. Always take a spoon full of Metamucil after a heavy day of eating.
              9. Get at least 9 hours of sleep a day.
              10. Eatin' ain't cheatin'.

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

Although Spiller wasn't at the top of my wish list going into the draft, I was satisfied with how it played out (neither were any QB's, though). Love the Troup and Carrington picks. I just had hoped, from the very beginning, that they would have done more in FA for the offensive line, and in hindsight, LBers also.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                  • May 2009

Originally posted by Sportsuser101
                  Although I am a big fan of CJ Spiller i was disappointed with our draft. We had several needs and while running back was not 1 of them we addressed a weakness which was explosiveness. We didn't address offensive line or quarterback. I've been on record saying how much I love Clausen. I would have loved to take him in the second round. I would have taken Bruce Campbell in the 3rd the offensive tackle from Maryland. Honestly i don't believe Troup or Carrington will make much of an impact for us. But ok i wasn't happy with our draft.

We did very little in free agency. Davis, Edwards and Torbor were solid pickups and should help with the defense since they all have experience in the 34.

I do like the offensive line. When Wood and Bell get back to full strength i think those 2 along with Levitre will make a very strong young offensive line pieces.

The secondary is strong once again. I think it has some playmakers and has some depth behind it. Probably outside of running back the best group that the Bills will run out there.

Im hoping the Bills can be a .500 team. Its tough to think that way but I honestly can't see this team doing much better then that. Heck even .500 might be a stretch. I do think Spiller and the young offensive line can do things. The secondary is solid. Our special teams is always solid.

Here's to the Bills shocking most of us and making the playoffs!
                  you're about 3 months too late with this thread. countless threads have been posted with similar garbage.
                  Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 09-10-2010, 11:16 PM.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                    • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Buffalo Thriller
                    I was on the Clausen to Buffalo bandwagon as well. But i love CJ and i love Buffalo. Next year im hoping for Jake Locker
                    you could hear something like "Locker, to Spiller who has his man beat down the sideline, TOUCHDOWN Buffalo"... in the future, imagine that. I must admit, it does have a ring to it.. Locker, Spiller, the next Thurman and Jimbo? it could happen. Sure is fun to dream isn't it? lol

Comment

• Commissioner
                      • Dec 2004

Locker is not going to be the #1 QB in the draft next year. Locker is a great athlete but not a natural passer. Locker is mostly hype at this point.

Keep an eye on Ryan Mallett.... he's gonna have a huge year. He went 21/24 for 301 yds and 3 TD's last week. He's 6'6" with good mobility, and a monster arm.
                      Draft Gabbert at #3!

Comment

• Luisito23
                        Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                        • Apr 2003

Originally posted by HurkeyNuts
                        you're about 3 months too late with this thread. countless threads have been posted with similar garbage.

LOL...
                        "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                        ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                        ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                        ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                          Unreachable Douche
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Sportsuser101
                          Although I am a big fan of CJ Spiller i was disappointed with our draft. We had several needs and while running back was not 1 of them we addressed a weakness which was explosiveness.
                          I disagree.

Jackson is old and Lynch is a bum.
                          Running back was a need.

Comment

• mayotm
                            • Jul 2003

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
                            I disagree.

Jackson is old and Lynch is a bum.
                            Running back was a need.
                            Yet, you wanted the Bills to trade Spiller during his holdout.

Comment

Working...
                            X