PDA

View Full Version : New coordinators on each side makes for a lot of guesswork

justasportsfan
09-10-2010, 03:33 PM
"Obviously I know George, but he was part of a lot of defensive philosophies and he is a good football coach," Sparano said this week in a conference call with the local media. "He's another guy who knows how to use personnel very well. He did a tremendous job of that when he was here with our people. I would say that knowing him is one thing, and I'm glad I do know him as a person because he's a heck of a guy. But as far as whether it will help you win a football game, I don't think so."

Like the Bills, the Dolphins have a new coordinator in Mike Nolan, who replaced Paul Pasqualoni. Nolan tutored some good defenses in Baltimore, San Francisco and Denver, which ranked seventh in the NFL last season.

The Bills have studied the Broncos' game film to gain some insight on what Nolan likes to do.

"We look at Denver quite a bit," Gailey said. "We look at [the Dolphins'] preseason and try to meld the two thought processes together, and it's not easy to be honest with you. They were very vanilla in the preseason. They did not show a lot of stuff and so we have to look back at last year's Denver stuff to get an idea of where some things might be and some things we might have to prepare for offensively."

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/article186134.ece

This is why I think we can upset. It's gonna be a chess game with a whole lot of guessing from both teams. Whoever guesses right should have the upper hand.