PDA

View Full Version : Will we see some 4-3 against Miami's jumbo package?

Hogwasher
09-10-2010, 10:45 PM
In the last preseason game, we saw a straight up 4-3. The logical question is whether we will see that against the wildcat or big formations.

Extremebillsfan247
09-10-2010, 11:43 PM
I think our DC plans on using both depending on the types of offenses we face during the season. Some offenses will be vulnerable to a 4/3 while others wont be. Being that we have the personnel to play both, or even a hybrid, gives us an unexpected advantage here. JMO

Extremebillsfan247
09-10-2010, 11:44 PM
no comment here

Barb
09-11-2010, 12:56 AM
well could you play a 3-4 anyways now ? with mitchell, torbor and coleman done for the game ?

OpIv37
09-11-2010, 12:59 AM
I think our DC plans on using both depending on the types of offenses we face during the season. Some offenses will be vulnerable to a 4/3 while others wont be. Being that we have the personnel to play both, or even a hybrid, gives us an unexpected advantage here. JMO
We don have the personnel to play both. we have the personnel to play neither. But your point holds true because it gives our DC the option of choosing the one that is least ineffectual for the particular opponent we face each week.

Buddo
09-11-2010, 05:31 AM
I've said it in another post, but I think the repetition won't hurt.

We may be better served by using a lot more 4-3 in this game. Not so much from the pov of giving the fish additional difficulty, but more from the pov of being limited by personnel, to guys (esp LBs) who are better suited to it.
Sometimes you have to go with what you cna do, not so much what you want to do.

I'm not as down on our D as OP, but under the circumstances atm, I think he actually has a valid point. Less so when we get guys back fit and up to speed (the Yodeller).

superbills
09-11-2010, 06:20 AM
We don have the personnel to play both. we have the personnel to play neither. But your point holds true because it gives our DC the option of choosing the one that is least ineffectual for the particular opponent we face each week.

LOL. That's one of the most perfectly pessimistic posts I've seen! Unfortunately, you're right. We desperately need help to shore up our front 7.