PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone bought NHL 11 yet?

more cowbell
09-11-2010, 11:32 AM
Hey I was just wondering if anyone has picked up the new copy of NHL 11 yet...

if you have...

Is it a great game again this year?

do they have the sabres ACCURATE jerseys for this season (The new white road, the new 3rd and a better version of the home jersey...last years was embarassing looking...)

Thanks

G Wolly
09-11-2010, 11:34 AM
Well, I ordered it a week ago with estimated elivery date of 9/8.

Still not here so idk whats up.

As far as I know, the past few years they waited for all the alternate jerseys to be unveiled before revealing a code to unlock them in the game.

I figure the same thing would apply to this.

OpIv37
09-11-2010, 02:26 PM
is there a demo online?

G Wolly
09-11-2010, 08:39 PM
It just came in the mail today and the away/alternate is locked.

Once the code is released you put it in and the jerseys are playable.

SkateZilla
09-12-2010, 09:27 AM
TBH it felt like the same game as last year even with all the new physics stuff.

i'll stick to NHL 2K8 until next year.

BlackMetalNinja
09-12-2010, 10:30 AM
TBH it felt like the same game as last year even with all the new physics stuff.

i'll stick to NHL 2K8 until next year.I won't get into the 2k vs. EA debate, because it's not even a debate for the past 3-4 years now... That being said, I played the demo of NHL 11 and it hasn't changed much from last year's, which is easily the best hockey game I'd ever played. The one thing I noticed was that gameplay seemed much slower, which I didn't much are for. From what I've read, the focus was on the Ultimate Team feature which is already seen in Madden and FIFA games. While it's neat, I don't spend hardly any time on it since they basically entice you to spend money to improve your team. They haven't done much of anything to Be a Pro and Franchise, which is where I spend all my time.

RockStar36
09-14-2010, 09:49 AM
I won't get into the 2k vs. EA debate, because it's not even a debate for the past 3-4 years now...

Not to mention 2K is only releasing games for Wii now because even they realized EA owned them in hockey games.

G Wolly
09-14-2010, 02:09 PM
Not to mention 2K is only releasing games for Wii now because even they realized EA owned them in hockey games.

Wii is a joke of a video game console anyways.

SkateZilla
09-14-2010, 05:05 PM

2k Moved their hockey franchise to a entirely new team and is doing a 2 year development cycle on 2K12, they announced this when they moved it to the studio that did NBA 2K, which was a temp move until the new studio took over.

they already promised realtime physics, and pretty much NHL 11 has now.

The 2K8 Animations and Skating still look better than anything EA has put out on the table. :respect:

Nighthawk
09-14-2010, 05:46 PM
I've been playing the game for a week and I really like it. The new physics are really nice and you need to play the full game and not the demo to get all the little nuances of the game. This year you can pick a Junior team and help them win the Championship to improve your players draft status. The first time I tried it I got drafted 22nd overall...the 2nd time I tried it, I was drafted #1 overall to Columbus. It's not much different then last year, but if you loved that game, then you need to buy this one...you'll notice the details and they are for the better. The broken sticks...the sticks that are knocked out of your hands...it all adds up to a great experience while playing this game.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot...the best thing about the game is that the Sabres have their old logo back...NO MORE SLUG!!!

more cowbell
09-14-2010, 06:48 PM
I've been playing the game for a week and I really like it. The new physics are really nice and you need to play the full game and not the demo to get all the little nuances of the game. This year you can pick a Junior team and help them win the Championship to improve your players draft status. The first time I tried it I got drafted 22nd overall...the 2nd time I tried it, I was drafted #1 overall to Columbus. It's not much different then last year, but if you loved that game, then you need to buy this one...you'll notice the details and they are for the better. The broken sticks...the sticks that are knocked out of your hands...it all adds up to a great experience while playing this game.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot...the best thing about the game is that the Sabres have their old logo back...NO MORE SLUG!!!

even the white away jerseys?

G Wolly
09-14-2010, 07:13 PM

its locked until you enter the code once they release it.

But they still use the slug on the scoreboard, and screen on the board, but the good logo on the ice before the game.

Nighthawk
09-14-2010, 07:50 PM

Yeah, the code isn't out yet, but they are in the game. I can't wait until they release the code...

BlackMetalNinja
09-15-2010, 07:24 AM
Yeah, the code isn't out yet, but they are in the game. I can't wait until they release the code...The last 2 years it hasn't been until like December, once all the teams have worn their alternates.

more cowbell
09-15-2010, 10:54 AM
Yeah, the code isn't out yet, but they are in the game. I can't wait until they release the code...

is the code free or is it some stupid add on feature like madden has that you have to pay for?

Nighthawk
09-15-2010, 11:47 AM
is the code free or is it some stupid add on feature like madden has that you have to pay for?

No, they release the code on the EA website after all the teams have officially released their 3rd jerseys or any new jersey. You will be able get it on the Internet once it is released.

SkateZilla
09-15-2010, 04:35 PM
or you can have a press review copy with the jersey's already unlocked :p, as a few of us had,

I do like some of the new features and changes, its slower than last year though, which is ok by me. I gave it 9.1/10

Nighthawk
09-15-2010, 05:34 PM
or you can have a press review copy with the jersey's already unlocked :p, as a few of us had,

I do like some of the new features and changes, its slower than last year though, which is ok by me. I gave it 9.1/10

How'd the 3rd jersey look and what does the back of the jersey look like?

JD
09-15-2010, 09:06 PM
If he has a leaked version he would have posted them already. Bull****.

SkateZilla
09-16-2010, 02:42 PM
If he has a leaked version he would have posted them already. Bull****.

except for the fact that I signed an N.D.A. so im not gonna post camera phone pictures of my TV, well actually My Xbox 360 Links to my PC via HDMI so I woulda took 1080p screencaps.

RockStar36
09-16-2010, 02:57 PM
You're so full of ****.

SkateZilla
09-16-2010, 05:52 PM
that would be your opinion not mine,

I've always been a heavy gamer, and I've always been a Q/A tester for a lot of companies. and I write reviews for a few websites, which is how I get press copies of games, most of which was F.P.Shooters or simulations for the PC. but when i was asked about NHL11, I couldn't pass it up. press copies are the final gold build with everything unlocked, all the content and game modes. Magazines get them, websites get them to pass out to their staff members that do write ups.

As for my position, the NDA covers not releasing material before its release date, and in this case, im not going to post pictures/screen grabs of the jerseys before the code is released.

As for my capabilities, you don't know anything about me outside of sabreszone, so don't assume you know anything about my capabilities, my hardware, or my sources. I Test Applications, Platforms, Operating Systems, Games, Simulations, and Hardware, for both PC and Consoles. I Also do my own studio work for games, and have been contracted to work on projects for companies.

G Wolly
09-16-2010, 08:16 PM
Ok man

BlackMetalNinja
09-16-2010, 08:45 PM

I've always been a heavy gamer, and I've always been a Q/A tester for a lot of companies. and I write reviews for a few websites, which is how I get press copies of games, most of which was F.P.Shooters or simulations for the PC. but when i was asked about NHL11, I couldn't pass it up. press copies are the final gold build with everything unlocked, all the content and game modes. Magazines get them, websites get them to pass out to their staff members that do write ups.

As for my position, the NDA covers not releasing material before its release date, and in this case, im not going to post pictures/screen grabs of the jerseys before the code is released.

As for my capabilities, you don't know anything about me outside of sabreszone, so don't assume you know anything about my capabilities, my hardware, or my sources. I Test Applications, Platforms, Operating Systems, Games, Simulations, and Hardware, for both PC and Consoles. I Also do my own studio work for games, and have been contracted to work on projects for companies.And you make super sweet fake sports cards of yourself too... don't forget that one.

SkateZilla
09-17-2010, 07:56 AM
And you make super sweet fake sports cards of yourself too... don't forget that one.

Photoshop is one of the things i do :baghead:

on the topic, NHL 11 is still a good game, but remaining partial to 2K8 is my opinion, and as such is subject to defense. :2cents:

G Wolly
09-17-2010, 03:17 PM
on the topic, NHL 11 is still a good game, but remaining partial to 2K8 is my opinion, and as such is subject to defense. :2cents:

Technically, that isn't the topic here anyways.

Mr. top-secret MVP trading card hero guy.

RockStar36
09-17-2010, 03:19 PM

Trust me, it isn't just my opinion.

SabreEleven
09-17-2010, 07:11 PM

As for my capabilities, you don't know anything about me outside of sabreszone, so don't assume you know anything about my capabilities, my hardware, or my sources. I Test Applications, Platforms, Operating Systems, Games, Simulations, and Hardware, for both PC and Consoles. I Also do my own studio work for games, and have been contracted to work on projects for companies.

Are you willing to drop all this when the Sabres call you?

SkateZilla
09-18-2010, 10:46 AM
Are you willing to drop all this when the Sabres call you?

in which alternate reality will this be in?

I think I'll stick with keeping my family as my main priority, and my job 2nd, with roller hockey for the AIHL a close 3rd.

seriously how many undrafted NHL players are there? and NHL Draft doesnt dip outside of certain leagues for the draftee's.

So the Topic is NHL 11. and In my opinion, the physics engine wasnt as big of a change as they were hyping it up to be.

The physics engine was taken from another game, the faceoff system copied 2K8's, and the broken sticks, are just plain brilliant especially with the new physics. outside of that. its the same game as last year w/ more rosters, on another note, why drastically change something that works?. 2k sports didnt follow that common sense, they took what was an awesome base out of 2K8 and threw it away to put out that utter garbage they call 2K9/ 2K10

G Wolly
09-18-2010, 10:04 PM
in which alternate reality will this be in?

I think I'll stick with keeping my family as my main priority, and my job 2nd, with roller hockey for the AIHL a close 3rd.

seriously how many undrafted NHL players are there? and NHL Draft doesnt dip outside of certain leagues for the draftee's.

Holy overreaction Working Family Man.

So the Topic is NHL 11. and In my opinion, the physics engine wasnt as big of a change as they were hyping it up to be.

The topic is about the Sabres road/alternate jerseys in the game.

Not a review of the physics and gameplay.

Just Saying.

SkateZilla
09-19-2010, 09:08 AM
"Has anyone bought NHL 11 yet" is the Topic.

the jerseys thread is located here:
http://billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=195414

G Wolly
09-19-2010, 12:48 PM
Well ****.

As much as I don't wanna admit it, I thought his first post was about what the jerseys looked like.

I hate being wrong, especially against you.

SkateZilla
09-19-2010, 03:14 PM
Technically, that isn't the topic here anyways.

Mr. top-secret MVP trading card hero guy.

Hrmm....

"Bud Light Presents real men of genius, Today we salute you Mr. Top Secret MVP trading card hero guy."

SkateZilla
09-19-2010, 03:16 PM
1st question was if we got NHL11,

2nd question was if it was a great game again,

3rd question was about the jerseys, we are all right, lets move on.

G Wolly
09-19-2010, 03:17 PM
1st question was if we got NHL11,

2nd question was if it was a great game again,

3rd question was about the jerseys, we are all right, lets move on.

Yea I admitted I was wrong.

Way to read my post.

SkateZilla
09-19-2010, 05:12 PM
Yea I admitted I was wrong.

Way to read my post.

umm, You were right, he asked about the jerseys. truce, lets watch camp highlights.