Mitchell injury a surprise
    Fins’ backs present challenge
    Yahoo Bills page
    Secondary has high hopes

Rosters

Buffalo Bills

Miami Dolphins

Last Regular Season Meeting

After taking their first lead on Rian Lindell's career-best 56-yard field goal with 3:35 left, the Bills didn't let up. Owens scored on the next possession after Chad Henne threw his first of three interceptions. And Fewell was spotted along the sideline demanding another touchdown, which came after Fred Jackson sealed the rout by scoring on a 7-yard run with 1:20 remaining.

Full recap

Important Storylines

Wildcat Back

Nobody runs the Wildcat quite like the Dolphins. In fact, they’re pretty much the only team that runs the true Wildcat as opposed to just direct snaps to a running back. With Ronnie Brown seemingly healthy and Ricky Williams presumably not high, the Fins will give the Bills’ poor rush defense a heavy dose of the formation.

Trent Edwards vs. 3-4

Dick Jauron, in his infinite wisdom, hardly forced the offense to practice against the 3-4 before playing division opponents. He is a ******. George Edwards’ defense now plays the 3-4 and has given Trent Edwards all the looks in practice since OTAs to hopefully make him successful against the only base defense played in the AFC East.

Henne’s progress

The young QB has the biggest head this side of Ben Roethlisberger (and no, that wasn’t a penis joke). Fins fans hope that the enlarged dome is filled with knowledge and confidence, though Bill Parcells, reportedly, does not seem to fall in line with that thinking. The Dolphins will definitely have a great ground game with their experienced, talented, offensive line. If they are going to place favorably in the competitive AFC East, they’ll need Henne to take the next step.

Bills WRs vs. Fins Secondary

The Bills have Lee Evans… and… uh, that’s pretty much it. Luckily for us, the Dolphins secondary is pretty thin in top-end talent as well. Everyone’s favorite 7th round draft pick, Steve Johnson, didn’t show dick during the preseason yet remains as WR2. He’ll need to step up to take pressure off of Evans and create room for diminutive Roscoe Parrish in the slot.

Squish the Fish – Fry the Fins – Cream the Carp – Make the Teal Squeal

Last edited by wmoz11; 09-11-2010, 02:02 PM.
  • wmoz11
    • Sep 2008

Re: GDT: Week 1 - Miami Dolphins vs. Buffalo Bills

I'll probably be hammered the rest of the day/night watching games and I want to make sure this is up fairly early.

Go Bills.

Comment

• Don't Panic
      All-Pro Zoner
      • Dec 2005

Originally posted by wmoz11
      Trent Edwards vs. 3-4

Dick Jauron, in his infinite wisdom, hardly forced the offense to practice against the 3-4 before playing division opponents. He is a ******.

Classic! Well done, wmoz.
      Last edited by Don't Panic; 09-11-2010, 02:06 PM.

Comment

• BillsWin
        man amongst boys
        • Oct 2008

Well done wmoz! You've earned a Jauron clap.
        I am The Batman.

Comment

• wmoz11
          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by BillsWin
          Well done wmoz! You've earned a Jauron clap.
          Did I do something wrong like drop a pass or miss a field goal?

Comment

• wmoz11
            • Sep 2008

Bump. Come on, boys; get fired up for this one. It's fishing season.

Comment

• BidsJr
              • Sep 2002

Trent Edwards vs. 3-4

Dick Jauron, in his infinite wisdom, hardly forced the offense to practice against the 3-4 before playing division opponents. He is a ******. George Edwards’ defense now plays the 3-4 and has given Trent Edwards all the looks in practice since OTAs to hopefully make him successful against the only base defense played in the AFC East.

Troof.
              "Well I drink too much and get punched in the head by fighters for fun, so my memory isn't so great." -OpIv37

Comment

• huck1974
                • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Don't Panic
                Classic! Well done, wmoz.
                I'm a Dolphan and I think thats funny. Good work!

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                  Sab and TD are insignificant
                  • Sep 2002

got my buzz inducing stuff ready and will endulge a little tonight, and starting tomorrow at 9:45 AM Pacific time.
                  www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                    • Sep 2002

will be setting my DVR to record our first of hopefully many regular season wins.

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

IT'S SUNDAY !!!!!!!!!!!!

YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• wmoz11
                        • Sep 2008

WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I posted this on the BBMB about 4 months ago, hope you enjoy...

It's a new season. You put your Posluszny jersey on early and hop in the car. You're approaching the stadium with extreme optimism. We are playing the Fish, after all. You see smoke bellowing off of the various grills in the lot and you see Bills fans playing football in the road.

After rolling over the loose gravel, you pull into a parking spot and it becomes apparent, for the first time, that this is Bills country. Your decision to purchase season tickets is validated. How else would you rather spend a Sunday afternoon?

You get out of your car, set the table up, and get the grill fired up. You notice the scent in the air and you feel comfortable. You open a beer and sit down in your chair. The sun is shining, the radio is blaring, the Fish fans are nervous. It's tough to win in Buffalo, after all. Especially on opening day.

You throw burgers, sausages, potatoes on the grill. You're proud of your food. You wait for it to cook and you drink a beer... thinking that it can't get any better than this. Bills fans walk past you and they're singing... "Hey, hey, hey, hey... Let's go Buffalo"... for that minute you believe that the Bills could win every game. You're excited. Just for that moment the Bills are the best team in the NFL.

You see a Dolphin hanging in effigy and you love it. You do a shot with your tailgating neighbors and you clang beers together. You don't believe the haters. You KNOW that the Bills are winning the upcoming game... everyone knows the Bills are going to win.

You glance over to lot 1 and see people doing shots out of a bowling ball and you realize that Buffalo Bills football transcends sports. To you, Bills football is all that matters in life between September and January. You think about your children at home and you pray that they will grow to be passionate about the team you grew up with. You hope that they understand the history of the Bills in Buffalo and you pray that they will sit next to you on a cold December day in the upcoming years.

You LOVE the Bills. The Bills are there every fall. The Bills always have a chance. The Bills are what we live for.

Pathetic and corny? Yes. But I mean every god damned word. You local guys don't know how lucky you are to be able to see the Bills live anytime you want. I can't even pay my friends to come with me to Bills games since they're all Steelers or Eagles fans.
                        Last edited by wmoz11; 09-11-2010, 11:48 PM.

Comment

• Nighthawk
                          Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
                          • Jul 2002

Go Bills!

Comment

• Buffalogic
                            Rumblin' Stumblin' Bumblin'
                            • Feb 2006

42-17 bills

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by wmoz11
                              WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

I posted this on the BBMB about 4 months ago, hope you enjoy...

It's a new season. You put your Posluszny jersey on early and hop in the car. You're approaching the stadium with extreme optimism. We are playing the Fish, after all. You see smoke bellowing off of the various grills in the lot and you see Bills fans playing football in the road.

After rolling over the loose gravel, you pull into a parking spot and it becomes apparent, for the first time, that this is Bills country. Your decision to purchase season tickets is validated. How else would you rather spend a Sunday afternoon?

You get out of your car, set the table up, and get the grill fired up. You notice the scent in the air and you feel comfortable. You open a beer and sit down in your chair. The sun is shining, the radio is blaring, the Fish fans are nervous. It's tough to win in Buffalo, after all. Especially on opening day.

You throw burgers, sausages, potatoes on the grill. You're proud of your food. You wait for it to cook and you drink a beer... thinking that it can't get any better than this. Bills fans walk past you and they're singing... "Hey, hey, hey, hey... Let's go Buffalo"... for that minute you believe that the Bills could win every game. You're excited. Just for that moment the Bills are the best team in the NFL.

You see a Dolphin hanging in effigy and you love it. You do a shot with your tailgating neighbors and you clang beers together. You don't believe the haters. You KNOW that the Bills are winning the upcoming game... everyone knows the Bills are going to win.

You glance over to lot 1 and see people doing shots out of a bowling ball and you realize that Buffalo Bills football transcends sports. To you, Bills football is all that matters in life between September and January. You think about your children at home and you pray that they will grow to be passionate about the team you grew up with. You hope that they understand the history of the Bills in Buffalo and you pray that they will sit next to you on a cold December day in the upcoming years.

You LOVE the Bills. The Bills are there every fall. The Bills always have a chance. The Bills are what we live for.

Pathetic and corny? Yes. But I mean every god damned word. You local guys don't know how lucky you are to be able to see the Bills live anytime you want. I can't even pay my friends to come with me to Bills games since they're all Steelers or Eagles fans.
                              That brought a tear to my eye... uh almost. But, yeah, I want to come see a bills homegame atleast once in my life. A cowboys fan friend of mine had a brochure on game trip packages (and felt dirty for holding the Cowboys pamphlet), it would be the best trip of my life, and I've been to many places throughout Europe, and all through the southwest, and more than half the states in the lower 48.

Comment

Working...
                              X