PDA

View Full Version : Bills to get on with the show

shelby
09-12-2010, 06:27 AM
Excitement is the theme for the Buffalo Bills heading into today's season opener against the Miami Dolphins.
Expectations are low in terms of victories for a Bills team embarking on a new era. But expectations are on the rise for excitement.
The Bills have a new offensive-minded coach in Chan Gailey. They have a new running back in C.J. Spiller, who is faster than anyone they have had in the backfield since O.J. Simpson.
The Bills think that combination is going to end an offensive drought that has seen the team rank among the bottom eight in the NFL in yardage seven straight years.
"We believe in what we're doing and we're confident," receiver Lee Evans said. "I'm definitely excited."
"I think the Buffalo Bills could be a surprise team," former Steelers coach Bill Cowher said last week on a CBS network conference call. "I think with the Buffalo Bills you're going to see a team that plays hard, a team that's going to re-establish an identity and they're in the process of changing the culture."
A sellout crowd at Ralph Wilson Stadium will be eager to watch the debut of Spiller, an edge-of-the-seat talent who was the ninth overall pick in the draft. Spiller scored 50 touchdowns at Clemson University, and 21 of them went for 50 yards or more. He has 4.32-second speed in the 40-yard dash.
"I'm ready," Spiller said. "I'm prepared, and that's why we have practice throughout the week, to get ready. It's not going to be a one-man show, though. It's going to take a team effort to get where we want to go."
The Bills think they have something special in him.
"He possesses a lot of speed and I think that's one thing that you can't coach is speed," said quarterback Trent Edwards. "He picked up the offense real quickly. He's one of those guys that has his eyes open, and he's making eye contact with you in the huddle. He comes to work every day, plays hard and runs hard. You want teammates like that."

read more... (http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article187719.ece)