• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shelby
    The Vanilla admin
    • Jul 2002

Keys to Victory, Key Matchups for Buffalo Against Miami

1. Keep Miami’s defense guessing. Buffalo has been guilty in the past of having a more than vanilla, easily predictable offense in the past. I won’t be foolish enough to even try to argue against those sentiments. Miami injected some youth into their defense in the offseason, and while they might be a little green, expect them to faster and more aggressive to the point of attack. They’ll likely try to exploit the Bills’ offensive line, particularly at the tackles and come after Trent Edwards early and often. After all, that’s what’s worked well for them, so I don’t expect them to change their style. Look for head coach Chan Gailey to find ways to keep Miami’s defense off balance with the likes of screens, draws, and reverses. In the early going, I think C.J. Spiller, Roscoe Parrish and perhaps Fred Jackson could be key.It’ll be an interesting chess match between Gailey and new Miami defensive coordinator Mike Nolan.
    2. The line must keep Trent Edwards vertical. Edwards has endured a rough go of it against Miami in his career. The Dolphins have been a big bug-a-boo for him, particularly in the first meeting in Miami last season and the final meeting against the fins in 2008. Miami has done an excellent job of bring mass quantities of players, pressure and big hits right into Edwards’ kitchen. Given the surprising way he’s performed and carried himself in the offseason, it would be a buzzkill on opening day to see Edwards knocked out of action and not return.
    3. Buffalo CANNOT beat Buffalo. It happened so many times last year, it was disgusting. If Miami proves to be the better team on this given day, so be it. But the Bills simply cannot afford to shoot themselves in the foot with a field day of penalties and turnovers. If the Bills are able to turn Miami over, they must find a way to translate takeaways into points and not let the Dolphins off the hook. On the road in hostile territory, Miami will make a point to be well disciplined and play mistake free. There’s no reason Buffalo shouldn’t employ the same gameplan.
    read more....

Working...
X