PDA

View Full Version : What's the differance between Gailey and Jauron?

Novacane
09-12-2010, 03:18 PM
Sorry but I saw no differance. That call to take the safety at the end was absolutely ******ed. Granted the situation was dim but we went from having a very slim chance of pulling it out to having NO chance to pull it out with that call.

BillyT92679
09-12-2010, 03:19 PM
there's no difference because the players are garbage

OpIv37
09-12-2010, 03:19 PM
I don't mind taking the safety- it was a desperate move for a desperate situation.

But on the whole, I agree. This team looked just like last year. Can't stay on the field on O, can't get off the field on D.

Ingtar33
09-12-2010, 03:20 PM
Sorry but I saw no differance. That call to take the safety at the end was absolutely ******ed. Granted the situation was dim but we went from having a very slim chance of pulling it out to having NO chance to pull it out with that call.

I take 4th and 10 from the 1 inch line with 1:48 left over 1st and 10 from the 20 with 28 sec left.

and no... i saw what i expected to see from Gailey... no real improvement over DJ/Fewell

MikeInRoch
09-12-2010, 03:21 PM
I take 4th and 10 from the 1 inch line with 1:48 left over 1st and 10 from the 20 with 28 sec left.

Don't forget in the first case you have two timeouts as well...

lightningbolt444
09-12-2010, 03:22 PM

and no... i saw what i expected to see from Gailey... no real improvement over DJ/Fewell

Again its one game how can you say these things after one game. Wait until week 8 and then we will see Chan may suck just as bad as DJ but at least give him more than one game.

Johnny Bugmenot
09-12-2010, 03:24 PM
Jauron's in a position right now where he can succeed: as a defensive backs coach.

Gailey's in a position where he can't.

There's one differEnce.

YardRat
09-12-2010, 03:25 PM
I bet Gailey is pissed right now.

Novacane
09-12-2010, 03:26 PM

Absolutely. Also In scenerio 1 we have 2 timeouts and only need a FG if we happen to convert. Niether choice was good but I saw the safety basically giving up.

Mr. Pink
09-12-2010, 03:27 PM
As I said last year the problem wasn't coaching...it's the talent.

You have no O-line and no QB and expect an offense to do anything?

Bill Belichick would be thought of as a hack here and get fired.

Ingtar33
09-12-2010, 03:27 PM
Absolutely. Also In scenerio 1 we have 2 timeouts and only need a FG if we happen to convert. Niether choice was good but I saw the safety basically giving up.

the safety was a college move to preserve margin of loss.

acehole
09-12-2010, 03:28 PM
Don't you mean what is the same?

Trent Edwards.

Mr. Pink
09-12-2010, 03:29 PM
the safety was a college move to preserve margin of loss.

Exactly what I thought when the punt was called.

I was thinking "Great, Gailey still thinks he's in GT and is gonna take a safety here"

Electrici
09-12-2010, 03:30 PM
I dunno, they got the ball back as a result of the safety. Nothing came of it, but then again that's a product of our incredible offense/having no timeouts/wasting a timeout in the 3rd quarter. What would you have done? Not made the 4th and 10 in your own endzone and lose the game there?

Novacane
09-12-2010, 03:31 PM
Don't you mean what is the same?

Trent Edwards.

I agree with you guys that the talent here sucks. The point of the thread was more to hightlight that stupid call at the end of the game. That was giving up just like Dicky used to do.

Novacane
09-12-2010, 03:34 PM
I dunno, they got the ball back as a result of the safety. Nothing came of it, but then again that's a product of our incredible offense/having no timeouts/wasting a timeout in the 3rd quarter. What would you have done? Not made the 4th and 10 in your own endzone and lose the game there?

If they'd of had 3 timeouts I'd have been for it. They knew before they did it that best case scenerio they would have had to drive 80 yards for a TD with 30 seconds and no timeouts. When's the last time you saw that happen in the NFL? Whens the last time you saw a team convert a 4th and 10? The series before!

Electrici
09-12-2010, 03:39 PM
I certainly see where you're coming from, its just that the chances of turning anything into points was unfortunately not in the Bills favor; at that time, and really for the entire game/season(? ;))

I think we can agree the game was brutal to watch.

Historian
09-12-2010, 04:00 PM
Sorry but I saw no differance.

My guess would be about 150K less in salary than Dick.

ParanoidAndroid
09-12-2010, 04:08 PM
1st down..... fail
2nd down.... fail
3rd down..... fail

Go with the percentages. The chances did not look good for 4th down and if you fail, you have given up more points and put it way out of reach.

Giving up the safety means they could still win with a TD. Maybe they force a turnover on D, maybe they return a punt.... there were more chances to win the game by giving up the safety.

Don't post angry.

RoscoeMagic
09-12-2010, 04:10 PM
1st down..... fail
2nd down.... fail
3rd down..... fail

Go with the percentages. The chances did not look good for 4th down and if you fail, you have given up more points and put it way out of reach.

Giving up the safety means they could still win with a TD. Maybe they force a turnover on D, maybe they return a punt.... there were more chances to win the game by giving up the safety.

We just converted a 4th and 11 for a TD!

You really think Ronnie or Ricky was fumbling? Better chance than a 10 yard out pass? Better chance that we block a punt than Trent converts a freaking 1st down for 10 yards? That just speaks how little confidence Gailey has in this offense...either that or he has no sack.

Novacane
09-12-2010, 04:14 PM
1st down..... fail
2nd down.... fail
3rd down..... fail

Don't post angry.

There was no good choice. The % of converting a 4th and 10 are better than the outcomes you listed. We likely lose even if Chan went for it there so who gives a ****.

ParanoidAndroid
09-12-2010, 04:20 PM
There was no good choice. The % of converting a 4th and 10 are better than the outcomes you listed. We likely lose even if Chan went for it there so who gives a ****.

Individually, yes. But add those chances up because all of them were on the table by taking the safety.

We all give a ****. That's why we're posting about it.

Novacane
09-12-2010, 04:29 PM
BTW. Just saw the part about don't post angry. I was not mad when I made this thread. If I thought it cost us the game I'd of been pissed. I was just making a thread about seeing the same old thing from Chan that we saw from Dick.

I see your point about the % of all the possible scenerios together but I would of still taken my chances on a 4th and 10. I don't remember the last time I saw a team force a fumble in that situation or returned a kick in that situation. Oh wait I do remember that....homerun throwback :ill:

TacklingDummy
09-12-2010, 04:32 PM
I agree with you guys that the talent here sucks. The point of the thread was more to hightlight that stupid call at the end of the game. That was giving up just like Dicky used to do.
Not using the timeouts before halftime was also stupid. It reminded me of Dick.