Uh....can someone explain to me why Edwards lost us this game?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • more cowbell
    • Apr 2006

Uh....can someone explain to me why Edwards lost us this game?

1. The playcalling was for all short dump off passes to spiller or jackson...which NEVER worked.

2. There was NO run game to speak of what so ever...the "Proclaimed Superstar" CJ Spiller didn't do a damn thing all day.

3. Cornell Green might be the worst starting tackle in the history of the NFL...Jamon Meredith better see some playing time.

4. Pretty sure Edwards threw a touchdown pass, and didnt turn over the ball

5. Pretty sure about 6 balls were batted down at the line of scrimmage because Randy Starks was eating Eric Wood and Hangartner alive

6. Did Edwards play a good game? Nope...but to blame the loss on him and say he needs to be cut tomorrow proves you must not have watched the game and watched the "dots" on NFL.com
    The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.
  • Electrici
    • May 2003

Re: Uh....can someone explain to me why Edwards lost us this game?

I agree on some of your points. But you have to admit he likely should have been credited with 2 TDs for the Dolphins but their defense cannot catch a cold apparently.

Comment

• more cowbell
      • Apr 2006

Chad Henne who is just as average of a QB as Edwards played a good game because they were able to run the ball, and had no pressure on him except for the couple sacks we had.

Face the facts...we have a TERRIBLE football team, its not just Trent Edwards fault

Comment

• RoscoeMagic
        • Aug 2008

Because he is the worst starting QB in the NFL. That's tough for a team to overcome.
        Internet Breeds Complacency.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
          Will not tolerate vandalism.
          • Apr 2006

Well, well, well, the man who has "BRIAN BROHM SUCKS" on his signature comes out in defense of Captain Checkdown and blames it on the coaches. Classic.

Comment

• Thurmal
            • Oct 2005

He was God-awful. Are you serious? There were plenty of plays where he had time and still held onto the ball too long, only to get sacked or throw a 3-yard pass on 3rd and 12.

Fitzpatrick (and Losman, for that matter - yeah, I said it) wins that game.
            "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."

Comment

• more cowbell
              • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Electrici
              I agree on some of your points. But you have to admit he likely should have been credited with 2 TDs for the Dolphins but their defense cannot catch a cold apparently.
              agreed. those were TERRIBLE throws and decisions....terrible throws usually come from being RUSHED the whole game to throw the ball...which he was 90 percent of the time he dropped back to pass.

In no way am in endorsing Edwards as a good QB...I'm saying this was a full out team loss...not a loss to blame soley on the QB.

Comment

• Discotrish
                Raging hypocrite and resident troll
                • Nov 2003

We seem to have no interest in having an offensive line. Which is why our #1 pick was a scatback.

Patti
                Note: Discotrish information is Conspiralicious and has NO BASIS IN FACT. Considering her opinions may be HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH. Please do not get your medical advice from a subforum of a subforum of a sports message board.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                  Peterman Sucks!
                  • Mar 2006

Trent Edwards is a mediocre to bad QB on a team with an even worse offensive line. Period.

Comment

• Thief
                    • Sep 2009

Because he had players open and failed to pass the ball. Easy question, next.

Comment

• Novacane
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by more cowbell

He threw 2 easy should of been INT's that would have been TD's. Just because the dolfphins did not make the play does not change the fact those were two TERRIBLE decisions. He was awful today. Were there others that were awful? Yeah! Everyone on offense. Still he was awful too. I don't see why you want to defend him today?

Comment

• more cowbell
                        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by RoscoeMagic
                        Because he is the worst starting QB in the NFL. That's tough for a team to overcome.

incorrect

Comment

• more cowbell
                          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Novacane
                          He threw 2 easy should of been INT's that would have been TD's. Just because the dolfphins did not make the play does not change the fact those were two TERRIBLE decisions. He was awful today. Were there others that were awful? Yeah! Everyone on offense. Still he was awful too. I don't see why you want to defend him today?

NOT DEFENDING EDWARDS SAYNG HE IS A GOOD QB.

Simply saying we didnt lose the game BECAUSE of him. The entire team is complete garbage.

Comment

• more cowbell
                            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Thief
                            Because he had players open and failed to pass the ball. Easy question, next.

and how do you know this?

Comment

• dplus47
                              • Sep 2005

Originally posted by more cowbell
                              2. There was NO run game to speak of what so ever...the "Proclaimed Superstar" CJ Spiller didn't do a damn thing all day.

3. Cornell Green might be the worst starting tackle in the history of the NFL...Jamon Meredith better see some playing time.

5. Pretty sure about 6 balls were batted down at the line of scrimmage because Randy Starks was eating Eric Wood and Hangartner alive
                              I agree with these points. I think Edwards looked pretty good in the no huddle, and I think the Bills just had no answers for Miami's front 7. They got to Edwards when they blitzed and they got to him when they didn't blitz. They got a lot of penetration coming from Bills' O-linemen just getting overpowered and pushed straight back into the QB. Starks did it, Odrick did it, McDaniel did it...

Comment

Working...
                              X