X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lightningbolt444
    • Mar 2007

Honest question

Im not saying Edwards is it, he looked awful today. However what position would this team be in if we had a decent qb but everything else is the same? Would we be any better record wise? Honest answers here I for one think if we had a decent qb (notice I say decent not a great because well the Peytons and Bradys dont grow on trees) we would only win one or two more games than with Trent back there. The only thing one or two games is good for is messing up the draft by putting us in a bad position i n the draft where we have to reach or hope for someone to fall.
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Re: Honest question

One thing a differant QB would do is at least attempt to throw down field.

Comment

• RoscoeMagic
      • Aug 2008

We saw it last year. Fitz went 4-3, Trent went 2-6. Fitzpatrick wins this game. Regardless, he's a career backup, we need a guy like Locker or Luck or someone next year real badly.
      Internet Breeds Complacency.

Comment

• Discotrish
        Raging hypocrite and resident troll
        • Nov 2003

Originally posted by lightningbolt444
        Im not saying Edwards is it, he looked awful today. However what position would this team be in if we had a decent qb but everything else is the same? Would we be any better record wise? Honest answers here I for one think if we had a decent qb (notice I say decent not a great because well the Peytons and Bradys dont grow on trees) we would only win one or two more games than with Trent back there. The only thing one or two games is good for is messing up the draft by putting us in a bad position i n the draft where we have to reach or hope for someone to fall.
        Well one or two games in some divisons is the playoffs or not the playoffs.

But your point is well taken, we're bad in a lot of areas. A QB won't fix that. But it WOULD give opposing defenses something to think about besides their next sack.

Patti
        Note: Discotrish information is Conspiralicious and has NO BASIS IN FACT. Considering her opinions may be HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH. Please do not get your medical advice from a subforum of a subforum of a sports message board.

Comment

• lightningbolt444
          • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Novacane
          One thing a differant QB would do is at least attempt to throw down field.
          Thats not what Im asking Im asking what would it do for the football team. To me the shape this team is in right now it would hurt us to have a decent qb. It would make our pick higher and also that decent qb behind this line may turn into "Trent"

Comment

• SquishDaFish
            Lets GO BUFFALO!!
            • Jun 2005

He is the worst fn QB in the NFL hands down.

Comment

• Discotrish
              Raging hypocrite and resident troll
              • Nov 2003

Originally posted by lightningbolt444
              Thats not what Im asking Im asking what would it do for the football team. To me the shape this team is in right now it would hurt us to have a decent qb. It would make our pick higher and also that decent qb behind this line may turn into "Trent"
              What difference does it make how high our "pick" is if we can't manage to draft a good offensive lineman no matter how screamingly badly we need one?

Patti
              Note: Discotrish information is Conspiralicious and has NO BASIS IN FACT. Considering her opinions may be HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH. Please do not get your medical advice from a subforum of a subforum of a sports message board.

Comment

• CAbills
                • Jul 2004

Just watch the Packers game right now. Rogers is running for his life but still making plays.
                Lets Go Buffalo!
                Boiler Up!

Comment

• lightningbolt444
                  • Mar 2007

Originally posted by CAbills
                  Just watch the Packers game right now. Rogers is running for his life but still making plays.
                  But hes a great qb everyone seems to expect a great qb to come out of no where and change us well theres three in this league you could probably argue up to 5 but no more than that. My point is qb is not the only problem we have everyone wants a qb well we need a line first THEN a qb or we will be in the same position in 5 years

Comment

• TigerJ
                    • Jul 2002

It is hard to quantify the number of games a good QB can win you versus a bad one, but I think the number is higher than two or three. Even three games justifies making an effort to upgrade if you have a lousy one.
                    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• better days
                      • Jan 2010

"You play to win the game".............well unless you want a high draft pick next year to get a franchise QB. I think Fitz might win an extra couple games for the Bills costing them a higher pick in the draft.

If Trent remains at QB, I think the plan is to draft a QB next year.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                        Peterman Sucks!
                        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by CAbills

He also has playmakers, weapons and a safety valve at TE.

We have? Lee Evans!

Comment

• IAG
                          • Jan 2005

Jake Locker

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                            Peterman Sucks!
                            • Mar 2006

I'm waiting for another "we need Michael Vick" thread.

Comment

Working...
                            X