PDA

View Full Version : all of a sudden

Crisis
09-12-2010, 05:15 PM
I'm more excited for Sabres season!

OpIv37
09-13-2010, 08:52 AM
yeah, I feel the same way. Once again, football season is over before it starts.

As far as the Sabres, I think they're going to struggle to make the playoffs, if they make it at all. But at least they have a chance and should keep things competitive, unlike the Bills.

Dude
09-13-2010, 09:27 AM
At least the Sabres won't be eliminated from the postseason after the first game.

ddaryl
09-13-2010, 12:30 PM
in all honesty I'm not even excited for more lame ass Sabres crap this year just the same as the Bills. At least with the Bills you know were a rock bottom team with pretty much no where's to go but up.

With the Sabres we have a team that is pretending to be a good enough team. We'll have a decent regular season but we stil won't have a playoff worthy team... Hockey is a long season and the only thing that really matters is being able to win playoff games and series...

OpIv37
09-13-2010, 03:59 PM
the problem with saying "the Bills have nowhere to go but up" is it falsely implies that they have to go somewhere. The other option is staying right where they are.

RockStar36
09-14-2010, 09:51 AM
If you guys aren't pumped for the Sabres, you're crazy.

You can be down about lots of people on the team (even I am) but let's not forget they have the best goalie in the league on the team.

For the simple fact of watching Miller play, I'm excited for hockey season. It's nice to have an elite player on your team, which might never be said about the Bills again.

trapezeus
09-14-2010, 12:02 PM
in all honesty I'm not even excited for more lame ass Sabres crap this year just the same as the Bills. At least with the Bills you know were a rock bottom team with pretty much no where's to go but up.

With the Sabres we have a team that is pretending to be a good enough team. We'll have a decent regular season but we stil won't have a playoff worthy team... Hockey is a long season and the only thing that really matters is being able to win playoff games and series...

The sabres are the 2004-05 bills. Pretenders that won't make the right moves to fix the issue. And the working pieces will get too old with no replacements.

Maybe instead of building a bass pro, they could just go ahead and building a winner with an organization that already operates and turns a profit in downtown buffalo. Is that remotely possible, Larry, mr developer geniusman?

ddaryl
09-14-2010, 12:32 PM
If you guys aren't pumped for the Sabres, you're crazy.

You can be down about lots of people on the team (even I am) but let's not forget they have the best goalie in the league on the team.

For the simple fact of watching Miller play, I'm excited for hockey season. It's nice to have an elite player on your team, which might never be said about the Bills again.

I'm not because we have a team that is heavily dependant on a great goalie but doesn't have the muscle or the consistency to play solid hockey night after night.... This is the Hasek years all over again IMO, and that became boring hockey outside of Hasek. I need consistent solid playoff worthy offensive hockey to have any interest in the regular season, and it doesn;'t appear were going to get that this year again. Just the same old inconsistent, no big name scorers, hockey we are forced to palette.

The season is LONG... and nothing much matters until the playoffs... at that point like last year it is usually clealry obvious what type of team we have.. and that was a one series and out kind of team. I saw it all year and called it.. I didn't see any changes made this offseason ot make a difference

I wish I could get excited, but I predict a solid but uninspired regular season and a tream that can't win in the playoffs. I'll gladly be wrong if I am, but I fear I'm 100% right on this one

I have little excitement for the Sabres, because they didn't do anything this offseason worthy of being excited for, and I just cannot see how they will be better then last year with no real changes.

JD
09-16-2010, 08:10 PM
Just wanted to brag for a moment.. this girl I've been talking to off and on is getting creeped on HARD by a current Sabre. It's pretty ****in funny because she comes home to me :owned:

Me > Guy who is a millionaire

HOLLA :jig:

Crisis
09-16-2010, 11:21 PM
mike grier's sloppy seconds