PDA

View Full Version : Forcing players down the fans throat.

Nighthawk
09-12-2010, 06:17 PM
Does it not feel like this organization continues to try to force feed players to the fans of the Bills? I'm talking about Edwards, Kelsay and Ellison? It's like the most important goal of this organization is to prove to the fans that these guys can actually play football and not necessarily to win football games. I'm tired of having these guys starting on my team...they all suck.

JMO

Mr. Pink
09-12-2010, 06:19 PM
Ellison wasn't all that bad today...he's depth. Nothing really serious to worry about.

However the other two? Kelsay is a HUGE problem and Trent isn't too far behind.

Unfortunately at QB, unless we had a superstar, the offense wouldn't look too much better. I do agree it could look more competent though.

Nighthawk
09-12-2010, 06:20 PM
Ellison wasn't all that bad today...he's depth. Nothing really serious to worry about.

Unfortunately at QB, unless we had a superstar, the offense wouldn't look too much better. I do agree it could look more competent though.

Oh, I agree. I am just so tired of watching the same crap week after week. My gosh, please act like you care and make some changes!

Night Train
09-12-2010, 06:21 PM
The standard in year 1 of a new coach is to purge some immediately while he installs his schemes. Then purge a lot in year 2.

I expect a lot of the usual suspects to be gone after this season. They can't help us win and youth should be served to build long term.

Ingtar33
09-12-2010, 06:24 PM

Oh i don't know. i'm watching the Rams right now... and Bradford is singlehandedly carrying that team right now. When (they might be losing but i believe the rams will pull off the come from behind victory) they upset the Cards... i'll be confident to say that QB makes a big difference (the Rams line is about the only one i'd say is as bad as ours)

btw: Bradford doesn't look like any rookie i've ever seen. he's looking better then Payton Manning did AT ANY POINT in his rookie year.... he looks like a vet...

Nighthawk
09-12-2010, 06:25 PM
Oh i don't know. i'm watching the Rams right now... and Bradford is singlehandedly carrying that team right now. When they upset the Cards... i'll be confident to say that QB makes a big difference (the Rams line is about the only one i'd say is as bad as ours)

I'd have to say that the Seahawks OL is just as bad as ours...however, they're winning.

better days
09-12-2010, 06:26 PM
The standard in year 1 of a new coach is to purge some immediately while he installs his schemes. Then purge a lot in year 2.

I expect a lot of the usual suspects to be gone after this season. They can't help us win and youth should be served to build long term.

Agreed, I just hope I do not have to watch Trent suck it up for another entire season. When he lost his job last year, I thought that was the last I would have to watch him & his boring play.

YardRat
09-12-2010, 06:26 PM
Ellison did fine today, IMO, and he is a back-up after-all.

Ing-I was just about to start a thread on Bradford...He looks like the real deal.

Ingtar33
09-12-2010, 06:29 PM
Ellison did fine today, IMO, and he is a back-up after-all.

Ing-I was just about to start a thread on Bradford...He looks like the real deal.

I know. Makes me angry, yet again...

I would have willingly traded up this year for Bradford. Yet the Bills don't even try to get better; i would not be surprised if they never even called the Rams to ask.

Mr. Pink
09-12-2010, 06:33 PM
Oh i don't know. i'm watching the Rams right now... and Bradford is singlehandedly carrying that team right now. When they upset the Cards... i'll be confident to say that QB makes a big difference (the Rams line is about the only one i'd say is as bad as ours)

btw: Bradford doesn't look like any rookie i've ever seen. he's looking better then Payton Manning did AT ANY POINT in his rookie year.... he looks like a vet...

Tim Couch looked better than Manning did in their respective rookie years, still a lot left to prove.

And I don't even think the Bills have a major college caliber offensive line, let alone an NFL caliber line. The Rams interior is just as good, if not a little better than ours...Brown, Goldberg, have Saffold at Tackle that they just drafted and Hank Fraley as a reserve.

Speaking of Bradford he just threw a pick down near the redzone.

djjimkelly
09-12-2010, 06:34 PM
ellison is a very solid [player hes just not a scheme fit here

he will be a starter elsewhere once his tenure in buffalo is done

HHURRICANE
Don't forget about Poz.

djjimkelly
as for kelsey and edwards good christ ive seen enough already

DBrown77
09-12-2010, 06:35 PM
Ellison has looked better than Poz in Pre-season and today IMO

Ingtar33
09-12-2010, 06:35 PM
Tim Couch looked better than Manning did in their respective rookie years, still a lot left to prove.

And I don't even think the Bills have a major college caliber offensive line, let alone an NFL caliber line. The Rams interior is just as good, if not a little better than ours...Brown, Goldberg, have Saffold at Tackle that they just drafted and Hank Fraley as a reserve.

Speaking of Bradford he just threw a pick down near the redzone.

yeah.. i saw that.

he was blindsided as he threw that pass... but it was still a bad decision... he'll make those. The kid's been great otherwise.

kingJofNYC
09-12-2010, 06:36 PM
Can't wait until some of you start adding Spiller to the list.

Why not add Maybin/Whitner/McKelvin/Evans/anyone else you hate.

Nighthawk
09-12-2010, 06:36 PM
yeah.. i saw that.

he was blindsided as he threw that pass... but it was still a bad decision... he'll make those. The kid's been great otherwise.

I could live with mistakes from our QB, as long as I knew he was growing as a player.

Ingtar33
09-12-2010, 06:48 PM
well Bradford will get better... that was an impressive debut...

the rams are an atrocious team, Bradford's one tough hombre if that o-line doesn't end his career early...

justasportsfan
09-12-2010, 07:54 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the reason that Trent is the qb is because Wilson loves him.

Nighthawk
09-12-2010, 08:02 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the reason that Trent is the qb is because Wilson loves him.

This is exactly what I believe...

justasportsfan
09-12-2010, 08:15 PM
This is exactly what I believe...

It makes sense. Trent makes Ralph feel younger since Ralphy can throw further

topher180
09-12-2010, 08:20 PM
Does it not feel like this organization continues to try to force feed players to the fans of the Bills? I'm talking about Edwards, Kelsay and Ellison? It's like the most important goal of this organization is to prove to the fans that these guys can actually play football and not necessarily to win football games. I'm tired of having these guys starting on my team...they all suck.

JMO

Interesting take here. Never took this angle on it, but yes, it does seem that way in some instances.