PDA

View Full Version : Orakpo

HHURRICANE
09-12-2010, 10:38 PM
Just watched him single handedly dominate the Cowboys. Might be one of the best players in the league.

Russ Brandon and Ralph should be shot.

Demon
09-12-2010, 10:40 PM
10 years of mistakes takes a toll on a team and today we saw it almost at rock bottom. I still think we got a little ways to go to hit rock bottom, like the next two weeks. It's gonna get ugly.

kingJofNYC
09-12-2010, 10:45 PM
Orkapo also had seam responsibility on that long pass to Austin that almost cost the Skins the game. I actually think this was one of his weaker games, he was exposed in space at times, especially in that two minute drill.

Think he's a better player with his hand down, but he's a much better player than Maybin is at this stage in their respective careers.

Historian
09-13-2010, 05:38 AM
I think Ralph kind of gave up when Linda Bogdan died, I really do.

Beebe's Kid
09-13-2010, 07:13 AM
This is a good thread. Posters can come here every time he makes a tackle for the rest of his career. "Sticky" this thread, please.

Then we don't have to start a new one after every game that involves either the Redskins or the Bills.

We could possible fork it put the Ngata/Whitner complaints, , and Poz/Willis in the same area.

ddaryl
09-13-2010, 07:27 AM
The choice was there Orakpo or Maybin and we screwed this one up big time.

Jan Reimers
09-13-2010, 07:28 AM
Two words:

MOVE ON.

NOT THE DUDE...
09-13-2010, 09:54 AM
I support maybin and think he can be a nice speed rusher, but i have to admit, we really screwed up on that one! BIG TIME!

trapezeus
09-13-2010, 09:54 AM
move on to where? they still suck at every aspect of the game. We don't throw well, we don't run well, we don't run stop well, we don't cover well, we don't return punts well, we don't cover punts well.

Where am i moving to?

starrymessenger
09-13-2010, 11:27 AM
Cameron

starrymessenger
09-13-2010, 11:27 AM
Cameron Wake, an UDFA from the CFL, is the player Maybin should have been.

Jan Reimers
09-13-2010, 12:54 PM
We don't throw well, we don't run well, we don't run stop well, we don't cover well, we don't return punts well, we don't cover punts well.
Other than those minor things, we're pretty good.

Nighthawk
09-13-2010, 12:55 PM
Not that I disagree HH, but I'm tired of talking about what should have been. It's time to focus on WHAT NEEDS to be done going forward.

Ebenezer
09-13-2010, 01:03 PM
I think Ralph kind of gave up when Linda Bogdan died, I really do.

then sell the team to interests who will keep the Bills in Buffalo and try to make them competitive. RW's stubborness is the number one problem with this team.

Akhippo
09-13-2010, 01:30 PM
ITS JUST SO PAINFUL to watch a MAN play ball and be a force after watching our little boy with the cute haircut prance around the field and have no effect at all.

Especially when they play the same position. Apples to apples.

I remember the draft vividly. Our pick is up. Chanting Orakpo; yeah Maybin had been bantied about, but there was no way we would choose him over Orakpo. Then....

NO.

we are
09-13-2010, 01:32 PM
its the same posts every week, how mentally weak are you guys?

OpIv37
Two words:

MOVE ON.

How can we? They have Orakpo tearing **** up on the field and we have Maybin doing nothing. Well, next to nothing- he improved slightly.

Some of you like to dismiss this as the past. But it's not the past- it's the present.

OpIv37
its the same posts every week, how mentally weak are you guys?

same results every week=same posts every week.

tatersalad
09-13-2010, 01:38 PM
how about williams handling ware last night he looked awesome

psubills62
09-13-2010, 01:46 PM
same results every week=same posts every week.

Your posts have actually been a ray of sunshine compared to everyone else.

ddaryl
09-13-2010, 01:53 PM
it's hard to let things go when they are so glaringly obvious and would have easily helped this team today.

if it was once or twice we can let it go... but the bad decisions were off the chart and we lost 11,000 season ticket holders because of these decisions

AndreReed83
09-13-2010, 01:53 PM
I didn't like the Maybin pick, but not because I thought the Bills should have picked Orakpo. I'll admit that I was very wrong about Orakpo though.

Being in Big 12 land, I get to see a lot of Texas. Orakpo was by no means a bad player, I'd be an imbecile to make that statement. But it struck me that he was usually not the guy making the play, but rather the second or third guy to the ball everytime. I can still picture a generic Orakpo play in my head. Some one else would snuff out the QB, another player would wrap the fleeing QB up, and then Orakpo would hop on the entangled players while they fell down, leading to someone like Brent Musberger exclaiming, "And Uh-rack-poe makes uh-noth-her play!"

I think he got some really good coaching to turn into the player he is now.

Zero
09-13-2010, 02:49 PM
Just watched him single handedly dominate the Cowboys. Might be one of the best players in the league.

Russ Brandon and Ralph should be shot.

I think most Bills fans were screaming for Orakpo when he was available. It was almost a no-brainer pick but the Bills FO tried to out think all the analysts and fans by choosing Maybin. Rather than going for a known quantity, the Bills went for "potential".

And yes, it gets old after a while to hear this type of talk, but it is incredibly frustrating to have our noses rubbed in the pile of ***** that this franchise has created, week in and week out. And the worst part is: there doesent seem to be any light at the end of this tunnel.

Akhippo
09-13-2010, 03:41 PM
The funny part is you can use the last play of the Dallas game as a snap shot of Bills futility.

Orakpo come around the end with skill and gets hog tied forcing Dallas go ahead touch down to be nullified.

Now replace Orakpo with Maybin to date.

Maybin comes around the corner full of spit and vinegar only to be stoned immediately. He used persistance to finally get around the tackle but only after the pass is off and TOUCHDOWN. Bills lose. And Maybin finally hits the QB, but after the pass and penalty thats declined.

Philagape
09-13-2010, 03:56 PM
The man believed to be most responsible for the Maybin pick is gone, so a head has already rolled.
On the other hand, it's relevant as long as Maybin is still on this team.

SquishDaFish
09-13-2010, 03:56 PM
Stop living in the past and worry about the players we have on our current team. Yes they made mistakes as a front office before now hopefully that STOPS. Now we suck as a team right now so lets worry about why our offense BLOWS and that is Edwards and the Tackles

OpIv37
09-13-2010, 04:03 PM
Stop living in the past and worry about the players we have on our current team. Yes they made mistakes as a front office before now hopefully that STOPS. Now we suck as a team right now so lets worry about why our offense BLOWS and that is Edwards and the Tackles

once again, how is it living in the past when we have to watch Maybin be mediocre in our game, then turn on the night game and watch Orakpo crack skulls?

Oh, and it was the current FO that didn't do anything about Edwards and the tackles in the off-season, so it hasn't stopped. Same ****, different day.

HHURRICANE
09-13-2010, 04:16 PM
once again, how is it living in the past when we have to watch Maybin be mediocre in our game, then turn on the night game and watch Orakpo crack skulls?

Oh, and it was the current FO that didn't do anything about Edwards and the tackles in the off-season, so it hasn't stopped. Same ****, different day.

Totally agree here. The homerism gets old.

"He's ****, but he's our piece of ****!"

Sorry, but as long as Maybin is on this team I'm always going to be thinking about Orakpo who Haslett, a former Bill, said is the best player he has ever coached.

Zero
09-13-2010, 04:36 PM
Totally agree here. The homerism gets old.

"He's ****, but he's our piece of ****!"

Sorry, but as long as Maybin is on this team I'm always going to be thinking about Orakpo who Haslett, a former Bill, said is the best player he has ever coached.

That statement by Haslett spoke volumes on how monumentally we ****ed up by passing up on Orakpo.

TacklingDummy
09-13-2010, 09:34 PM
word

Mike
09-14-2010, 02:41 AM
How can we? They have Orakpo tearing **** up on the field and we have Maybin doing nothing. Well, next to nothing- he improved slightly.

Some of you like to dismiss this as the past. But it's not the past- it's the present.

Not only is it the present, it is also the future. Orakpo is a once in a generation type of talent. Going by the Law of averages it will be at least 10years before we get a chance at a player that will perform as well.

When they made the pick, many on this board complained and many defended the pick. It is always interesting to me how homerism can be so blinding. What is it that the fans dont want to admit or acknowledge? He was a bad pick then, and he is a bad pick now. Now we have to watch a ****ty Maybin play 6downs a game instead...