PDA

View Full Version : Randy Moss Sounds Off On Patriots

BuffaloBlitz83
09-12-2010, 11:40 PM
I don't think Randy is a bad guy or a cancer. He is a very talented player but I think he is very emotional and sensitive, wears his emotions on his sleeves.
-------------------

Randy Moss stood at the podium for 14 minutes with a grimace on his face following the game and spoke at length about how he doesn’t feel appreciated by the organization and the residents of the New England region.

“I don't really want to say here in the organization, but I think here in the area, I think here in the New England area a lot of people don't want to see me do good,” Moss said. “The reason why, I really don't know, I really don't care.”

Moss, who caught five passes for 59 yards against the Bengals, is entering a contract year and has grown irritated with the organization for their refusal to discuss an extension with him. He stated that he will give optimal effort on Sundays, but reiterated his sentiments from a week ago saying that he feels unwanted and unappreciated by the Patriots organization.

"It's like if you work for somebody, sometimes you want your boss to tell you that you're doing a good job," Moss said. "You want to be appreciated and me personally, I don't think I'm being appreciated. I take my job very seriously and I want to let the fans, the real fans of the New England Patriots know that I'm not here to start any trouble, I here to play my last year out of my contract."

He stated that he would like to stay in New England, but feels that the window for that to happen is rapidly closing and that he doesn’t see himself being with the team beyond this season.

“I want to be here as a Patriots, I love being here, but I just think, from a business standpoint, this probably will be my last year here as a Patriot,” Moss said. "And I'm not retiring, I'm still going to play some football. So I just wanted to get that off my chest, and let you all understand, man, because this is a business.”

“I've already shown that I can play still at a high level at age 33,” Moss said. “To be offered a contract after this season is over, that would be a smack to my face.”

In three seasons with Patriots, Moss has caught 250 passes for 3,747 and 67 touchdowns.

He wants fans to know that under no circumstance will he quit on the team, no matter how disgruntled he becomes.

Moss stated that he trained harder than he has in years due to his age and contract status, but was most motivated by the emergence of New York Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis, who held Moss to 59 yards in two meetings last season.

“He opened my eyes up as a wide receiver, that there was a cornerback out here that I really had to get on my ‘A’ game,” Moss said. “So I prided my offseason on staying off of Revis Island.”

ddaryl
09-13-2010, 02:43 PM
What a douche !...

that's your typical self serving player.... the attention on him has passed and now he has to drum up more

DynaPaul
09-13-2010, 05:04 PM
Belichick and Kraft-y... time to step up.