• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bob86
    • Dec 2008

Bad and Boring

Back from the game. A few of random thoughts:

· I was having a great time at the game right-up until kick-off and then the Bills ruined the whole thing.

· Almost un-noticed the Bills have gotten away with spending almost no money to improve last year’s miserable team. They essentially fielded the same group of core players as last year. Not surprisingly the result was the same. Indeed in some aspects this team has far less talent and is less entertaining than last year’s squad. No TO, no Schobel and no Butler. There is no experienced back-up on the O-line and no true 2nd WR. No one from this year’s draft played well and the one new offensive lineman was laughablly bad.

· After sitting through the game, I still can’t figure out how the Fins only won by 5 points. It felt like they kicked our sorry team up and down the field all day.

· The new coaching staff was out-coached just as badly as the Bills players were outplayed. The Offensive coaching was particularly weak. The Fins were never surprised or unprepared whereas the Bills always seem to be one-step behind and trying to catch-up. The point being even if we find a true QB and some OT’s I am not sure this coaching staff would be successful.

· On a bright note the new WR from Florida looked good.

· I have never seen so many Fin fans at the Ralph before.

· The Bills fans seem so deflated and hopeless after the game. No one I spoke with said “it was only the first game they will get better,” everyone sees a long bad season ahead. I am not sure how the Bills will sell out the remaining games. Heck, I want my money back from this game.

· The Fans around me have really turned on Wilson. They blame him for being the root cause of what is wrong with the Bills. After the first quarter people were debating whether he was cheap or incompetent. It went on the whole game. Toward the end of the game, I came to the conclusion he was both.
  • TMu11
    • Mar 2010

Re: Bad and Boring

The Fins looked just as terrible as we did. The difference? We took penalties on the wrong plays. That's really it
    After Every Dark Night Comes a Brighter Day

Comment

• The Compromise
      Junior Zoner
      • May 2007

Originally posted by bob86
      The Bills fans seem so deflated and hopeless after the game. No one I spoke with said “it was only the first game they will get better,” everyone sees a long bad season ahead. I am not sure how the Bills will sell out the remaining games. Heck, I want my money back from this game.

· The Fans around me have really turned on Wilson. They blame him for being the root cause of what is wrong with the Bills. After the first quarter people were debating whether he was cheap or incompetent. It went on the whole game. Toward the end of the game, I came to the conclusion he was both.
      And yet, they all had to pay money to find this out, huh?

I mean wasn't this patently obvious before the season started?

Sorry, but anyone, including you, who pays money for this garbage fully deserves exactly what you got yesterday. If the stadium had been half-empty four seasons ago then perhaps we'd actually have a decent team today.

Don't take this personally, ... just sayin'.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
        Unreachable Douche
        • Jul 2002

How many times does it have to be proven that Ralph is not cheap?

He just spends on the wrong players.

Keep drafting like crap and that's what the Bills are going to keep fielding.

Comment

• ddaryl
          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
          • Jan 2005

Originally posted by TMu11
          The Fins looked just as terrible as we did. The difference? We took penalties on the wrong plays. That's really it
          what game were you watching..

OUtside of our Defense which played a heluva game to keep us in it... Our Offense is just ineffective again... No running game and absolulty no QB capable of making a play

Comment

• TMu11
            • Mar 2010

Originally posted by ddaryl
            what game were you watching..

OUtside of our Defense which played a heluva game to keep us in it... Our Offense is just ineffective again... No running game and absolulty no QB capable of making a play
            Exactly what I'm saying. Their offense played almost as poorly as ours. the D for both sides ruled the game, and the holding call that brought back our TD pass and a few other plays made the difference between a win and a loss.
            After Every Dark Night Comes a Brighter Day

Comment

Working...
            X