• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

I will have to watch the tape.

When asked what happened on the field, Gailey says I just know what happened, I dont know why... I will have to watch the tape.

Can our play calling adjust quickly if we dont know why things are happening out there?

That comment bugged me a bit. I hope Im just reading that wrong.

• Jeff1220
    H to the 12:20
    • Jul 2002

Re: I will have to watch the tape.

I think the "why" is simple - it's because of poor execution and inferior talent. Gailey probably understands this is why, but doesn't want to throw anybody under the bus to the press.

Comment

• Mad Max
      Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Jeff1220
      I think the "why" is simple - it's because of poor execution and inferior talent. Gailey probably understands this is why, but doesn't want to throw anybody under the bus to the press.
      He probably also understands that his own play calling sucked, so it would have been hyprocitical to throw any one else under the bus.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
        Unreachable Douche
        • Jul 2002

He took that quote out of the book "What to say during a press conference" by Dick Jauron.

Comment

• mysticsoto
          Too sober for this...
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by X-Era
          When asked what happened on the field, Gailey says I just know what happened, I dont know why... I will have to watch the tape.

Can our play calling adjust quickly if we dont know why things are happening out there?

That comment bugged me a bit. I hope Im just reading that wrong.
          The interviewers asked the same questions to many bills including the Oline, they gave the same standard answer. Afterward, they were heckling, them...really? You don't know why Miami's front was in the backfield all day? Really, Levitre? You didn't see them blow right by you many times?

For the most part...the entire Oline stunk! And when they didn't and Trent had time, he couldn't do anything anyway!

Comment

Working...
          X