PDA

View Full Version : Poz

Mahdi
09-13-2010, 08:14 AM
Honestly when we drafted this guy I was siked. I thought we were getting the ultimate LB.

It seems we have a guy that can't cover and is always injured. Even if Poz is healthy I'm not to thrilled with him as the starter. He makes me miss London Fletcher who we all bagged on because he was "too small" well, he's playing pretty big in Washington.

Bottom line, Poz can't cover TEs and neither can Andra Davis. At least Davis is a run stuffer, Poz hasn't been consistent at anything.

Just another disappointment in a long line of them I guess.

Mr. Pink
09-13-2010, 08:15 AM
:clap:

About time you came around on at least one of this teams poor personnel decisions!

Forward_Lateral
09-13-2010, 08:15 AM
How badly is he hurt? Honestly, did anyone even notice that he wasn't on the field in the second half?

Beebe's Kid
09-13-2010, 09:09 AM
How badly is he hurt? Honestly, did anyone even notice that he wasn't on the field in the second half?

Yeah...Miami

msfdurango
09-13-2010, 09:22 AM
Always felt he was no good and knew it was only a matter of time he would get injured again. Is he related to Trent?

billz83
09-13-2010, 10:44 AM
another WORTHLESS DRAFT pick by the ******ed scouts the bills employ..they love them injury prone players..

trapezeus
09-13-2010, 10:50 AM
trent is the QB of the offense and gets hurt regularly.
poz is the QB of the defense and gets hurt regularly

The difference between the two is maybe 30 lbs and the Beiber.

Historian
09-13-2010, 11:03 AM
"psyched"

:snicker:

Mahdi
09-13-2010, 11:28 AM
"psyched"

:snicker:
I knew there was something wrong with "Siked".

FlyingDutchman
09-13-2010, 11:36 AM
hes made of glass...im getting sick of this crap

The last buffalo fan
09-13-2010, 12:03 PM
Edwards has the edge, because you can at least pronounce his name, Puooposlutznkickts in the other hand............. :ill:

Beebe's Kid
09-13-2010, 04:06 PM
Edwards has the edge, because you can at least pronounce his name, Puooposlutznkickts in the other hand............. :ill:
I don't know, it's not that bad for those of us of European decent...maybe it is a Mexican thing, amigo.

Let me help you.... Pause Luzz Knee.

Guerro

EDS
09-13-2010, 04:57 PM
Let's all be honest, Poz is far and away the best linebacker on the Bills roster. He is pretty much th only linebacker on the roster that would have a good chance at starting on pretty much any other team.

The Bills have one of the worse groups of linebackers in the NFL.

THRILLHO
09-13-2010, 05:02 PM
I think most of us were excited about Poz before, and after we drafted him. He was one of the few names I knew before the 2007 draft. But jeez, can you stay healthy please? Who are some of the better 2nd-3rd round LBs next draft?

JCBills
09-13-2010, 05:06 PM
I think most of us were excited about Poz before, and after we drafted him. He was one of the few names I knew before the 2007 draft. But jeez, can you stay healthy please? Who are some of the better 2nd-3rd round LBs next draft?

How can you blame someone for a bone break. A lot of injuries are preventable, but Poz's only time missed prior to this was due to bone breaks. The staff put him on IR the first time, not his choice. The second time he was back after 4 games, so who knows how fast he could have been back as a rookie. When he's on the field, he's a top shelf linebacker. His knee got banged up, these things happen, and people will act like it's the end of the world, and I don't get it.

THRILLHO
09-13-2010, 06:18 PM
How can you blame someone for a bone break. A lot of injuries are preventable, but Poz's only time missed prior to this was due to bone breaks. The staff put him on IR the first time, not his choice. The second time he was back after 4 games, so who knows how fast he could have been back as a rookie. When he's on the field, he's a top shelf linebacker. His knee got banged up, these things happen, and people will act like it's the end of the world, and I don't get it.
I don't blame it on him. But how long do we go on hoping he will get better and waiting for him to heal? It is of no fault of his, or the crew that decided to trade up and draft him.

JCBills
09-13-2010, 06:23 PM
I don't blame it on him. But how long do we go on hoping he will get better and waiting for him to heal? It is of no fault of his, or the crew that decided to trade up and draft him.

I don't know? However long it takes for it to heal? Players get injured. He was completely worth the pick, over the last two seasons Poz has been a bright spot in a sea of darkness. Because he's basically the QB of the defense, the blame gets thrown on him.

warsawbassman
09-13-2010, 06:29 PM

Top Shelf?!?!?
I have no great love, nor hate for him as a player, but giving him "top shelf" billing is a big time reach. If he was a top shelfer, he would have been picked in the first round, and/or at the least be a borderline pro bowler by now, and known around the NFL. He is what he is, a decent NFL linebacker, never going to be an all-pro, will make a few plays a season, be a liability at times, can and would start on 1/2 the teams in the NFL, and be solid depth on the rest. End of story, he is not the 2nd comming of Dick Butkus...........or evan Shane Conlan.

JCBills
09-13-2010, 07:21 PM
Top Shelf?!?!?
I have no great love, nor hate for him as a player, but giving him "top shelf" billing is a big time reach. If he was a top shelfer, he would have been picked in the first round, and/or at the least be a borderline pro bowler by now, and known around the NFL. He is what he is, a decent NFL linebacker, never going to be an all-pro, will make a few plays a season, be a liability at times, can and would start on 1/2 the teams in the NFL, and be solid depth on the rest. End of story, he is not the 2nd comming of Dick Butkus...........or evan Shane Conlan.

In order to be a top shelf player you have to be drafted in the 1st round?

What?

How many MLBs are really known by the average football fan? Lewis, Urlacher, Willis, Fletcher, and maybe a few others are probably the ones average joe could name. I don't know what you want the guy to do. Tied for the league lead at his position in turnovers created, I guess that's making a few plays a season?

Most people thought Kyle Williams was terrible until he got a Pro Bowl alternate nod, I guess that's what it takes.

Philagape
09-13-2010, 07:41 PM
I don't know what you want the guy to do.

Help the team stop the run.

If Poz is so good and Kyle Williams is so good, why has the run defense been so bad?
A "top shelf" player should be a difference maker. What difference have they made?

JCBills
09-13-2010, 07:53 PM
Help the team stop the run.

If Poz is so good and Kyle Williams is so good, why has the run defense been so bad?
A "top shelf" player should be a difference maker. What difference have they made?

Because it takes 11 to get it done. The team is only as good as it's weakest link, and we have a lot of weak links, we know this, and Poz and Williams aren't in that group. Even then, they're still adjusting to new roles. These are fairly basic football / team concepts....

Everyone will have plays where they fail noticeably, not saying that Poz or Williams or whoever played every snap phenomenally, but so far they've brought more to the table than anyone else on our D.

Philagape
09-13-2010, 08:07 PM
Because it takes 11 to get it done. The team is only as good as it's weakest link, and we have a lot of weak links, we know this, and Poz and Williams aren't in that group. Even then, they're still adjusting to new roles. These are fairly basic football / team concepts....

Everyone will have plays where they fail noticeably, not saying that Poz or Williams or whoever played every snap phenomenally, but so far they've brought more to the table than anyone else on our D.

Why is this a point? Why do people say this?
Who cares who's the best on an awful football team? How Bills players compare to other Bills players is not an issue. If the Bills ever want to be a relevant NFL team again, their players have to start comparing favorably to other NFL teams rather than just each other.
That is what defines "good."

Philagape
09-13-2010, 08:16 PM
And, Poz has been the weak link enough for him to not be a "top shelf" linebacker.

JCBills
09-13-2010, 08:21 PM
Why is this a point? Why do people say this?
Who cares who's the best on an awful football team? How Bills players compare to other Bills players is not an issue. If the Bills ever want to be a relevant NFL team again, their players have to start comparing favorably to other NFL teams rather than just each other.
That is what defines "good."

Yeah, once the defensive unit as a whole becomes comparable, that's a decent route to go, but it's hard to know how good any one player would be without a good supporting cast, which Poz doesn't have. The one form provided that can fairly give a good idea of how an individual performs has already been rejected by some on here (people tend to reject what challenges their current belief system), though it remains viable to the entire fantasy football system. Pairing numbers with what the eyes detect is obviously the best way to go about it. Of course it isn't 100% accurate, as evaluation has to be based on what the defensive play appears to be, not what it definitively is, but it's a damn good tool to help paint a clear picture.

Billz_fan
09-13-2010, 08:22 PM
Poz is not a top shelf LB period. He is a decent LB with the injury bug. Im not saying it's his fault he gets injured but he does. Even Bob Sanders who could be a great player is held back by the fact that he's always hurt. And NO Im not in the least comparing the talent level of Poz to Sanders.

Poz is headed for the "what could of been" type career nothing more.