X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Positives from Yesterday, if there is any

I was surprised and mildly pleased with how well the D played. Back to back 3 and outs to get the ball back isn't usually a Bills' trademark. It's usually bend, but don't break, then break in the 4th quarter. Yesterday they played a full 60 minutes (almost literally) of solid D.

I think Nelson is going to be a hell of a WR. Now we see why Hardy was cut, and Nelson kept. He looks like 10000 times the WR Hardy did when Hardy played his first game.

Nice to see Freddy back. I thought both him and Lynch looked decent, in all 4 of their combined carries.

That's really all I got, and I'm reaching as it is.
  • don137
    • Jul 2002

Re: Positives from Yesterday, if there is any

It appears the Bills will be in great position to land one of the top QBs in next years draft.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
      • Mar 2004

Yes, that's also a positive!

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

McKelvin was great. The D actually seemed to get better as the game went on. Under Jauron, the D would often wilt in the same quarter under similar conditions (i.e., spending too much time on the field due to incompetent offense).

S/T looked above average.

There were no positives whatsoever on the offensive side of the ball.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
          • Mar 2004

Offensively, nobody died, which can be taken as a positive for some.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

I also liked the fact that we rediscovered Roscoe as a receiving weapon, that our ST coverage units were much better than in the preseason.

And I think our running attack will get better (it can hardly get worse) as Jackson and Lynch get healthy and Spiller gets some experience.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• psubills62
              Legendary Zoner
              • Sep 2008

Special Teams didn't suck.

I liked how the D played after Miami's two scoring drives. However, it was eerily reminiscent of the other game I was emotionally invested in - Bama/PSU. It seemed that as soon as Miami tried passing the ball consistently, that's when we stopped them. If they just stuck to running the ball, Miami would have buried us earlier.

I may be mis-remembering that trend, but that's the feel I got. Nice to see we have decent pass defense, though.
              "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
              - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
                • Aug 2004

Too be honest, I was worried when Gailey said on Wednesday that Miami's D looked good in the middle. Everyone in the world would know that the Bills will attack the edge. I thought they should at least kept running inside, keeping them honest and them going outside once in a while.

And it's no surprise to be that Lynch and Jackson did better than Spiller. Iwas actaully very surprised they start Spiller again in the 2nd half. I would go with Lynch and jackson when the game is really there for the taking in beginning of the 3rd Quarter.

All in all, the Bills have to run the ball to be successful. Trent is NOT a QB that carry a team. Maybe Gailey wants to find out about that himself. Well he did now. Run the ball even when they stacked up in the box!

Comment

• Historian
                  2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                  • Dec 2002

We have a longball kicker...

Comment

• ddaryl
                    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                    • Jan 2005

the secondary was really the only positive.. but we knew that would be our strength... they were the only reason we stayed in this game as much as we did

Comment

• Mahdi
                      • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                      I was surprised and mildly pleased with how well the D played. Back to back 3 and outs to get the ball back isn't usually a Bills' trademark. It's usually bend, but don't break, then break in the 4th quarter. Yesterday they played a full 60 minutes (almost literally) of solid D.

I think Nelson is going to be a hell of a WR. Now we see why Hardy was cut, and Nelson kept. He looks like 10000 times the WR Hardy did when Hardy played his first game.

Nice to see Freddy back. I thought both him and Lynch looked decent, in all 4 of their combined carries.

That's really all I got, and I'm reaching as it is.
                      I thought Chris Ellis looked like a football player and Leodis Mckelvin looks like a #1 CB.

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                        • Feb 2009

Yes Ellis looks good out there and he should start over Kelsay. Leodis also looked great, he's gonna flourish by years end.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                          I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by WeAreMarshawn23
                          Yes Ellis looks good out there and he should start over Kelsay. Leodis also looked great, he's gonna flourish by years end.
                          I loved the Kelsay's pick since the very first day, but the guy played AWFUL yesterday. Out of position, late, slow, couldn't make stops. Also Wilson, why in the hell is always to try to lay a damn hit, you just tackle the ball carrier!
                          The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• Dujek
                            Hall of Fame Zoner
                            • Jan 2008

McKelvin and Florence looked good in coverage, though Florence missed a couple of tackles.

The D in general looked much better than I thought, and while we didn't get much pressure we got more than last year.

I like the look of David Nelson. I think he can become a decent possession receiver, as long as the ball gets thrown his way.

Kyle Williams can play NT. Who'dathunkit?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                              • Jul 2002

the only positive is that the fins suck too.
                              sacrifice1
                              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
                              X