Quit trying to fool yourselfs, QB is the biggest problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Quit trying to fool yourselfs, QB is the biggest problem.

Watching Edwards fire screen passes 100 mph yesterday was disgusting.

So much for losing the "Captain Checkdown" label. Jesus H. Take a freaking chance for once in your life, mullet-head! Explain to me how you don't throw the ball more than 6 yards in the final 2 drives, when you need a FG, and then a TD to tie or win the game? Seriously. Why are WRs even running routes anywhere near the LOS in this situation?

If I was Gailey, I'd make Edwards throw the ball downfield every time vs Green Bay. Who cares if he throws 8 picks, maybe something good might happen.
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Re: Quit trying to fool yourselfs, QB is the biggest problem.

I was a big trent supporter early on, simply because he wasn't the crap that losman was. Lesson learned. As a result, i no longer will say Gailey is better than Jauron simply by not being Jauron.

With a few exceptiosn like going for it on 4th and 11 down two scores, this was a Jauron coached game.

Edwards had time and scanned only half the field. his pre snap reads are non existant. Awful game.

Losman's "oh my god this guy never will get it moment" was the Jets game that he fumbled. we knew before hand t hat he was terrible, but that was the play that made everyone realize, "this guy should never go back into the game."

Edwards dumpoff on 4th and forever with a few seconds remaining was his play where i thought, "i can't watch this guy play."

At some point in the 2nd quarter, it looked like it was going to start to rain. And i literally thought, "uh-oh, the weather is getting bad. this doesn't bode well." IN SEPTEMBER! if this is my feeling in september, he won't have what it takes come say, October.

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
      • Mar 2004

Any QB who has over 30 pass attempts and only 130 yards passing is garbage, regardless of how bad his O-line is.

Comment

• ddaryl
        Everything I post is sexual inuendo
        • Jan 2005

Trent can handle the pressure. The home crowd game left him nervous and indecisive

I bet he plays better on the road next week simply becuase of the pressure he had at home, opening the season with the expectations we had for him and our O.

none the less this game is all about pressure, and either you can or you can't

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
          • Mar 2004

Clay Mathews is going to kill Trent next week.

Comment

• Beebe's Kid
            • Nov 2009

Originally posted by ddaryl
            Trent can handle the pressure. The home crowd game left him nervous and indecisive

I bet he plays better on the road next week simply becuase of the pressure he had at home, opening the season with the expectations we had for him and our O.

If that is the problem, and I believe there is a lot of truth to it...what if we ever made the playoffs?

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
              • Mar 2004

I have a better chance of growing an arm out of my ass than Trent does leading an NFL team to the playoffs.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                • Jul 2002

Edwards is a BUM!

Comment

• Mad Max
                  Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
                  • Mar 2003

Well then the warm and tender embrace of 73,000 Gouda accesorizing, Leinenkugel swilling Green Bay fans bodes well for his success next Sunday.

Comment

• psubills62
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Sep 2008

There seemed to be a lot of problems last night. At some point, it becomes hard to tell what was the worst one.

I have a feeling Trent's continual inability to read 3-4 defenses came into play.

However, that doesn't take anything away from our OL sucking, or the receivers being seemingly unable to separate.
                    "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                    - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• TedMock
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by psubills62
                      There seemed to be a lot of problems last night. At some point, it becomes hard to tell what was the worst one.

I have a feeling Trent's continual inability to read 3-4 defenses came into play.

However, that doesn't take anything away from our OL sucking, or the receivers being seemingly unable to separate.
                      This is just it. Trent sucked yesterday and everytime there was a pass under five yards, the fans around me kept yelling the "checkdown" thing. In some instances this was accurate, in many it wasn't. A lot of the "checkdowns" were called. A lot of attempts to the RB's and hitches outside that didnt connect. On two 3rd and longs, we quick-dropped and threw TE pop passes. Also called playes. A handful of drops by the WR's, the OT's playing an absolutely terrible game, and a gazillion missed tackles by the defense also played a huge role in the loss. I don't think one guy, or area is more to blame. It was a fundamental breakdown across the board. Even the playcalling was questionable on one hand, but understandable on the other. The QB is struggling, the OT's can't give protection and the WR's can't get open. Call a quick, short pass. It was just a complete disaster. By the way - Miami looked terrible and we managed to look even worse. Dansby played well for them early on and their punter (forget his name) was easily the game MVP yesterday.

At the end of the day, it's not even the QB's play that concerns me the most about him. It's the lack of leadership and command that scares me. There's not a field general leading the offense regardless of who we put in. Good QB's have bad games, but still take charge and command the huddle and hold themselves and everyone else accountable. We don't have that and that sucks.
                      Last edited by TedMock; 09-13-2010, 10:14 AM.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

when was the last time we saw Trent throw into a tight window? When was the last time we saw Trent make that throw that Henne made to Fasano?

Trent is a worse version of Rob Johnson right now. At least Rob could make those short out throws . Just like Robosack , Trent barely throws the ball unless the wr is open.
                        sacrifice1
                        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• psubills62
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by TedMock
                          This is just it. Trent sucked yesterday and everytime there was a pass under five yards, the fans around me kept yelling the "checkdown" thing. In some instances this was accurate, in many it wasn't. A lot of the "checkdowns" were called. A lot of attempts to the RB's and hitches outside that didnt connect. On two 3rd and longs, we quick-dropped and threw TE pop passes. Also called playes. A handful of drops by the WR's, the OT's playing an absolutely terrible game, and a gazillion missed tackles by the defense also played a huge role in the loss. I don't think one guy, or area is more to blame. It was a fundamental breakdown across the board. Even the playcalling was questionable on one hand, but understandable on the other. The QB is struggling, the OT's can't give protection and the WR's can't get open. Call a quick, short pass. It was just a complete disaster. By the way - Miami looked terrible and we managed to look even worse. Dansby played well for them early on and their punter (forget his name) was easily the game MVP yesterday.

At the end of the day, it's not even the QB's play that concerns me the most about him. It's the lack of leadership and command that scares me. There's not a field general leading the offense regardless of who we put in. Good QB's have bad games, but still take charge and command the huddle and hold themselves and everyone else accountable. We don't have that and that sucks.
                          Agreed. I do have to say...there seem to be an inordinate number of people (I'm talking to you, Buffalo Bills fans), who can't tell the difference between a checkdown and a designed short pass (e.g. screen pass).
                          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• naugem
                            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
                            Clay Mathews is going to kill Trent next week.
                            We can only hope.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                              Administrator
                              • Jul 2002

Not trying to be contraian, but you really think the friendly confines of Lambeau are going to make him play better?
                              COMING SOON...
                              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X