PDA

View Full Version : Bills offense confident they'll improve

justasportsfan
09-13-2010, 09:58 AM
“We’ll understand how they tried to play us for one, and what other defenses might try to do to us in the future,” said Lee Evans. “I think that’s just from everybody- guys that have been around, rookies, coaches, everybody. I think the blame falls on everybody when you miss the opportunities we had. I’m pretty confident that we’ll be a lot better offensively than we were (Sunday).”

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Bills-offense-confident-theyll-improve/c0d98a94-7424-40d5-b9d0-9b5add703a19

:bullseye:

Mahdi
09-13-2010, 10:00 AM
“We’ll understand how they tried to play us for one, and what other defenses might try to do to us in the future,” said Lee Evans. “I think that’s just from everybody- guys that have been around, rookies, coaches, everybody. I think the blame falls on everybody when you miss the opportunities we had. I’m pretty confident that we’ll be a lot better offensively than we were (Sunday).”

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Bills-offense-confident-theyll-improve/c0d98a94-7424-40d5-b9d0-9b5add703a19

Lee Evans is a special dude. The guy has been in the league 7 years now and every year his Qb sucks yet he has never shown a hint of frustration. I would be livid by now.

I don't know how he continues to back Trent.

mysticsoto
09-13-2010, 10:01 AM

Translation: (To Trent): Throw me the ball, *****!

OpIv37
09-13-2010, 10:03 AM
was this article from this week? Or 2009? Or 2008? Or 2007? Or 2006?

I could have sworn I've read it before.

tat2dmike77
09-13-2010, 10:04 AM
Lee Evans is a special dude. The guy has been in the league 7 years now and every year his Qb sucks yet he has never shown a hint of frustration. I would be livid by now.

Because he is a team guy and knows that throwing his QB under the bus publicly does nothing for his team or QB.

Now who knows what is said behind closed doors. But Evans is a class act and is the posterboy for a great teammate.

Mahdi
09-13-2010, 10:04 AM

I swear being a Bills fan the last 15 years is like Ground Hog day.

Dujek
09-13-2010, 10:05 AM
To be fair, they can't be any worse.

tat2dmike77
09-13-2010, 10:06 AM
I swear being a Bills fan the last 15 years is like Ground Hog day.

I'm thinking in 5 or 10 years when i need blood pressure medication and heart medication as well i might file a law suit against the Bills for doing this to me for the past 30 years.

Mahdi
09-13-2010, 10:07 AM
I'm thinking in 5 or 10 years when i need blood pressure medication and heart medication as well i might file a law suit against the Bills for doing this to me for the past 30 years.
You might have a case.

billz83
09-13-2010, 10:11 AM
Confident they'll improve like they've been saying for the last decade?!?! BULL**** is all i have to say about that..I blame RALPH WILSON 100%..i know for a fact if I owned this team it would not be run into the ground with his salvation army approach to running an NFL franchise..as the owner of an NFL team how could he let this GARBAGE go on for over a decade?!?!

psubills62
09-13-2010, 10:22 AM

I don't know, but if, in a few weeks, Trent says something about how he's not even a fan of football...I'm going to check my calendar.

trapezeus
09-13-2010, 10:29 AM
evans also doesn't do anything to be able to be stupified by the crappiness of the product. he's not a barry sanders running for 150 yards a game and carrying the team and then outraged. He's doing just as much of nothing out there as the next guy.

He did run across the middle of the field for a catch this week. that was promising.

justasportsfan
09-13-2010, 10:43 AM
evans also doesn't do anything to be able to be stupified by the crappiness of the product. he's not a barry sanders running for 150 yards a game and carrying the team and then outraged. He's doing just as much of nothing out there as the next guy.

He did run across the middle of the field for a catch this week. that was promising.

lol. Blame the wr.Thats it.

We brought in TO, he looked like an idiot with Trent as qb .

They guy fights for the ball and blocks when asked to. What do you want him to do play QB? That might not be a bad idea.

trapezeus
09-13-2010, 10:47 AM
whether he gets the ball or not, how can he say anything other than "ra ra, lets fix this." Usually the players who snap and go off the deep end are the ones with ridiculous numbers or are stars on bad teams.

Evans, doesn't have the numbers and doesn't get the looks. i'm off the edwards can get it bandwagon. but i think the team is still in a world of hurt even with a different QB.

better days
09-13-2010, 10:49 AM

Well, the good news is there is one pill that does both, so you won't have to take two pills. I'm already taking it, works great.

justasportsfan
09-13-2010, 10:52 AM
but i think the team is still in a world of hurt even with a different QB.

thats opinion not fact . FACT IS however, when he had a crappy qb who was willing to throw the ball, he had elite nos.

If Lee sucks with a decent qb, I'll be the first one to call him out. Until then, he doesn't throw the ball to himself.

Chad OCho Cinco would suck here too. Anyone who runs more than 20 yards will.

ddaryl
09-13-2010, 12:14 PM
Bills fans not confident they'll improve <!-- Start Post Thank You Hack -->

trapezeus
09-13-2010, 12:23 PM
thats opinion not fact . FACT IS however, when he had a crappy qb who was willing to throw the ball, he had elite nos.

If Lee sucks with a decent qb, I'll be the first one to call him out. Until then, he doesn't throw the ball to himself.

Chad OCho Cinco would suck here too. Anyone who runs more than 20 yards will.

Evans had better numbers with losman, hardly elite numbers. they paid him on expectation that he'd get better. he is outrageously expensive.

getting 3 catches for 100+ yards is different than being a possession receiver who is the go to guy.

Evans will never be that guy. With Peyton Manning on a good team, he'll never be that guy.

mysticsoto
09-13-2010, 12:33 PM
Evans had better numbers with losman, hardly elite numbers. they paid him on expectation that he'd get better. he is outrageously expensive.

getting 3 catches for 100+ yards is different than being a possession receiver who is the go to guy.

Evans will never be that guy. With Peyton Manning on a good team, he'll never be that guy.

Losman wasn't exactly an elite qb to get him the ball everytime. He threw the bomb more to Lee, but that doesn't mean those numbers show the equivalent of what a good qb might do with him.

justasportsfan
09-13-2010, 12:36 PM

Huh?

Lee Evans 82 rec 1,292 yards 8TD's 15

Only Andre Johnson and WElker had better nos. that that last year and they had better supporting cast than what Lee had in 06.

You take into account the situation the Lee was compared to those other guys, those are ELITE nos.

With Peyton Manning on a good team, he'll never be that guy.

Evans will never be that guy.

I guess you're right, he'll probably have more than 82 rec 8 TD's and 1292 yards (nos. w/ JP at qb). With Manning at qb he'll probably just have a few more hundred yards and maybe 5 more td's and over 100 rec, but he'll never be that guy and it still won't be eilte nos. :rolleyes:

YOu can start blaming Lee when he has a qb willing to throw the ball. Stop trying to make excuses for Trent by blaming others.

Nighthawk
09-13-2010, 12:41 PM
I'm pretty comfortable saying that this offense will suck for as long as Edwards is the QB.

trapezeus
09-13-2010, 12:42 PM
i'm not making excuses for trent, i've just said that this game was the JP JEts fumble game for me. I knew at that moment Losman wouldn't start for an NFL team ever again. And that was correct.

And this game just proved that Edwards will stay in this league simply as a back up, and not particularly very good at that. This game proved he isn't ever coming back to that mid-level of play that had us excited in 2007.

Evan's under performance has nothing to do with Edwards suckiness. These are independent in my mind. He's a luxury number 2 receiver on your team. He's James Lofton. And without an Andre Reed that constantly has chemistry with a QB and is open all over the field, Lofton is nothing.

justasportsfan
09-13-2010, 12:48 PM
i'

Evan's under performance has nothing to do with Edwards suckiness. These are independent in my mind.
I guess in your mind the Qb has no effect on the wr whatsoever. Got it.

Beebe's Kid
09-13-2010, 12:48 PM
Lee is not the problem... Lee is saying what he needs to say.

Lee did say he wanted Fitzy last year, so he did kind of throw Edwards under the bus.

Lee won't need to. Do you really think Chan is going to be embarrassed week after week by TE? Won't happen.

Nighthawk
09-13-2010, 12:49 PM
i'm not making excuses for trent, i've just said that this game was the JP JEts fumble game for me. I knew at that moment Losman wouldn't start for an NFL team ever again. And that was correct.

And this game just proved that Edwards will stay in this league simply as a back up, and not particularly very good at that. This game proved he isn't ever coming back to that mid-level of play that had us excited in 2007.

Evan's under performance has nothing to do with Edwards suckiness. These are independent in my mind. He's a luxury number 2 receiver on your team. He's James Lofton. And without an Andre Reed that constantly has chemistry with a QB and is open all over the field, Lofton is nothing.

Wow, you aren't serious...are you?

justasportsfan
09-13-2010, 12:58 PM
Wow, you aren't serious...are you?

unfortunately , he is.

Lee had no.1 nos with a qb trap thinks stinks worse than crap and then says he's a number 2. Don't get the logic.

He compares him to Lofton even though Lee never had Jim Kelly , his OL and a the same offense all these yeas. Apples and oranges.

Mr. Pink
09-13-2010, 01:04 PM
Lee Evans is a one trick pony.

All he can do is run streaks.

The only QB he ever had success with here was JP. Why? Streaks is all JP could throw.

Lee Evans on most teams in the league would be at best a number 2 WR and on some teams he'd be the 3 or 4.

Why people and the organization are so enamored over a WR who has the skill set of Willie Gault baffles me.

justasportsfan
09-13-2010, 01:07 PM
Lee Evans is a one trick pony.

All he can do is run streaks.

The only QB he ever had success with here was JP. Why? Streaks is all JP could throw.

Lee Evans on most teams in the league would be at best a number 2 WR and on some teams he'd be the 3 or 4.

Why people and the organization are so enamored over a WR who has the skill set of Willie Gault baffles me.

seems to do fine up the middle when he is asked to run that route. If Lee was made to play Josh Reeds position, he'd be fine and be one of the best slot guys . But where would you tell Josh to go if you did that , deep?

Mr. Pink
09-13-2010, 01:12 PM
seems to do fine up the middle when he is asked to run that route. If Lee was made to play Josh Reeds position, he'd be fine. But you can't expect Josh Reed to play deep can you?

Obviously not.

Josh Reeds skill set is possession receiver and blocker.

IMO Reed is a better all around WR than Lee Evans.

However people are just enamored with the deep ball and big play.

If you are unable to do that, then you get no respect or publicity in the league or among the fans. Because the game doesn't care to give publicity to those type of players.

As an example...Who gets more publicity in NE? Randy Moss or Wes Welker? Welker is a much better all around WR than Moss but Moss can run streaks and make plays on the ball while Welker does all the dirty work underneath.

psubills62
09-13-2010, 01:14 PM
Lee Evans is a lot more than streaks. He's a better receiver than most people give him credit for.

As far as the offense...I have a feeling it will pick up in weeks 5, maybe 8, 9, 10, 11, and 13. Those are the weeks we play 4-3 defenses.

Mr. Pink
09-13-2010, 01:16 PM
Lee Evans is a lot more than streaks. He's a better receiver than most people give him credit for.

As far as the offense...I have a feeling it will pick up in weeks 5, maybe 8, 9, 10, 11, and 13. Those are the weeks we play 4-3 defenses.

You're entitled to your opinion on that one but explain to me this...Why has Lee Evans completely disappeared when JP Losman wasn't throwing him the football?

Out of all the craptastic QBs that Lee had throwing him the rock, Losman was the worst of the bunch...outside of the fact he was good at chucking it long.

justasportsfan
09-13-2010, 01:30 PM
Obviously not.

If you are unable to do that, then you get no respect or publicity in the league or among the fans. Because the game doesn't care to give publicity to those type of players.

As an example...Who gets more publicity in NE? Randy Moss or Wes Welker? Welker is a much better all around WR than Moss but Moss can run streaks and make plays on the ball while Welker does all the dirty work underneath.

uh, no. He can play and catch from anywhere they ask him to

Problem is, if you have a qb who would rather throw to your rb. then there's nothing you can do. Even with TO in there, Trent still wanted to throw to his dump offs. Thats something a wr cannot control.

Mr. Pink
09-13-2010, 01:33 PM
uh, no. He can play and catch from anywhere they ask him to

Problem is, if you have a qb who would rather throw to your rb. then there's nothing you can do. Even with TO in there, Trent still wanted to throw to his dump offs. Thats something a wr cannot control.

Kelly Holcomb was able to throw the ball to WRs....Ryan Fitzpatrick was able to throw the ball to WRs. Hell Owens production went up when Fitzpatrick got in the game.

Evans production with both of them wasn't very good.

You can use the Trent excuse as much as you want but it's not like Lee Evans has only had his one trick pony compadre at QB and the Checkdown Wizard.

psubills62
09-13-2010, 01:38 PM
You're entitled to your opinion on that one but explain to me this...Why has Lee Evans completely disappeared when JP Losman wasn't throwing him the football?

Out of all the craptastic QBs that Lee had throwing him the rock, Losman was the worst of the bunch...outside of the fact he was good at chucking it long.

Because he hasn't. In 2008, Evans averaged 56.25 yards per game when Losman played (weeks 5, 13, 14, 15). He averaged 66 yards per game when Losman didn't play.

And in week 13, 62 of Evans' 80 yards were thanks to Edwards, not Losman. So that means Evans got 163 yards in approximately 3.5 Losman games, lowering his average to 46.6 yards per game with Losman at the helm, and 68.3 yards per game when Edwards played. And from my calculations, Evans' YPC was 16.4 under Edwards in 2008, higher than it was in 2006.

Overall, I'd say Evans hasn't done as well since 2006 because 1) our offense just plain sucks, 2) Owens was hogging a lot of targets in 2009, 3) for some reason they just didn't throw to Evans in some games.

I'm sure a part of that was because Evans wasn't open all the time...but I'm also sure two big parts were that Jauron is incompetent when it comes to offensive gameplanning, and Edwards just doesn't look to his receivers, he tends to look to his RB's.

justasportsfan
09-13-2010, 01:46 PM
Kelly Holcomb was able to throw the ball to WRs....Ryan Fitzpatrick was able to throw the ball to WRs. Hell Owens production went up when Fitzpatrick got in the game.

Evans production with both of them wasn't very good.

You can use the Trent excuse as much as you want but it's not like Lee Evans has only had his one trick pony compadre at QB and the Checkdown Wizard.

Captain checkdown senior?lol. What was he going to do throw to Lee ?

Of course Fitz would rather throw to TO. Throwing to TO up the middle would be higher percentage than throwing to Lee outside.

Fitz had no problem throwing to Lee in the redzone however.

Check his nos. from last year. Lee caught most of his balls 1-20 yards . And having to share the 1-10 yard area with Jackson , TO , Lynch and Reed . Also add to the fact that he's most likely made to run deep more than anyone on the team. If he was a one trick pony , he would be catching balls in that area.

ANYONE who would have played here under the same circumstances would have his numbers drop when you have a qb who's too chicken to go deep.

trapezeus
09-13-2010, 02:10 PM
again, for the millionth time, other #1's who have had no qb's have been able to put up much more spectacular numbers than Evans. Evans doesn't suck, but to pay him elite #1 money for someone who would be an asset with a better #1

Why didn't he leave? why did he sign the extention. by the time they get this all sorted out, he's going to be too old to be of any use.

Beebe's Kid
09-13-2010, 02:19 PM
Obviously not.

You really just kind of spout ****, constantly. Your like an ambulance chaser...when we are down you come running to kick. That's fine. I guess by "logic" that makes you a "realist." You do what you do, and that is fine.

I am of the thought that an opinion can not, truly, be wrong. You have disproved that. Your negative onslaught is usually vomit inspiring, but this one takes the cake.

I lost track, were the Bills your "second" or "third" team? Doesn't Cleveland have a board? They have all kinds of problems too...so it would be like winning the jackpot to take you opinions there.

justasportsfan
09-13-2010, 02:30 PM
again, for the millionth time, other #1's who have had no qb's have been able to put up much more spectacular numbers than Evans. Evans doesn't suck, but to pay him elite #1 money for someone who would be an asset with a better #1.

question is, were those qb's willing to throw the ball? Were any of those qb's not named Trent Edwards? Delhomme threw the ball to Smith no matter what.

Why didn't he leave? why did he sign the extention. by the time they get this all sorted out, he's going to be too old to be of any use.

what does this have to do with Lee catching balls? Just to answer your post, it's a no brainer to stay with the team that drafted you especially whe they are willing to pay you $$$.
Add to the fact that he had Moulds as his mentor who in the middle of his career also stayed with the bills and has told players that "the grass isn't always greener in the other side".

If you brought in Steve Smith here, he wouldn't have had the nos. he had at Panthers because Trent won't throw him the ball.

justasportsfan
09-13-2010, 02:31 PM
You really just kind of spout ****, constantly.

the FACTS do not support FTY's opinion.

RoscoeMagic
09-13-2010, 02:31 PM

It helps when you get paid like he does. I'm sure he's a class act, but sill, he's getting some cash. Just sayin...

This offense always thinks they'll improve. This is becoming comical.