PDA

View Full Version : Billboard

justasportsfan
09-13-2010, 10:24 AM
Is it time for one yet?

What would you put if you did create one?

Mahdi
09-13-2010, 10:28 AM
If I did I would have one that indicated something along the lines of getting Trent the heck out of here.

I am really hoping to see Gailey make a tough decision early and admit his mistake and move on. That would show me that Gailey is a real coach.

If he doesn't you can put both Gailey and Edwards on the Billboard.

OpIv37
09-13-2010, 10:31 AM
you'd need a whole series of billboards to list all of this team's problems. The first one should be "**** You, Ralph!"

Prov401
09-13-2010, 10:31 AM
I would just put these big white bold letters onto an black billboard.

In dire need of QB, OT's, LB's.

Also in dire need of an owner who care$.

justasportsfan
09-13-2010, 10:32 AM
you'd need a whole series of billboards to list all of this team's problems. The first one should be "**** You, Ralph!"

Mine would be directed towards Ralph too. Bills fans are tired. We deserve better.

DraftBoy
09-13-2010, 10:33 AM
Since it worked oh so well the first time around...

Mahdi
09-13-2010, 10:33 AM
Since it worked oh so well the first time around...
I think it did work actually... not that I agreed with it.

DraftBoy
09-13-2010, 10:36 AM
I think it did work actually... not that I agreed with it.

If I recall correctly only two of the names listed are gone now (Guy and Jauron) and Cowher isn't our head coach, so assuming that you will make the logical leap that it worked (which Im not, because it was a stupid idea then and a stupid idea now) it still has a less than 50% success rate which is below failing.

Forward_Lateral
09-13-2010, 10:41 AM
Sell the team to someone who wants to win, Ralph.

Mahdi
09-13-2010, 10:41 AM
If I recall correctly only two of the names listed are gone now (Guy and Jauron) and Cowher isn't our head coach, so assuming that you will make the logical leap that it worked (which Im not, because it was a stupid idea then and a stupid idea now) it still has a less than 50% success rate which is below failing.
I think it indirectly worked. Having the Jauron must go Billboard brought a lot of negative attention towards the franchise and got local and national media constantly talking about it.

Ralph knowing he had the backing of the fans to dump Jauron and start over must have made the decision easier.

The one asking Cowher to come here though was never going to work.

Mad Max
09-13-2010, 10:42 AM
Thank you Ralph for founding the Buffalo Bills and for all of the fond (distant) memories that we enjoyed because of that.

Now please do us all one last favor and sell the team to someone through whom testosterone and lucidity still flow.

We have suffered enough.

DraftBoy
09-13-2010, 10:43 AM
I think it indirectly worked. Having the Jauron must go Billboard brought a lot of negative attention towards the franchise and got local and national media constantly talking about it.

Ralph knowing he had the backing of the fans to dump Jauron and start over must have made the decision easier.

The one asking Cowher to come here though was never going to work.

Again not a leap in logic Im willing to take. One could easily argue being a laughing stock on the national scene provided just as much indirect pressure and that on the field results provided far more direct pressure.

trapezeus
09-13-2010, 10:44 AM
Sell the team to someone who wants to win in buffalo, Ralph.

Fixed, or else he'll just sell the team and we'll all be screwed with the Oklahoma City Bombers or some nonsense.

billz83
09-13-2010, 10:50 AM
id have the biggest billboard in the WORLD(guiness book status) saying "F*** YOU RALPH WILSON sincerely BILLS FANS" that old senile man needs to sell this team already..he is clueless and a complete HAZARD to this team..

TacklingDummy
09-13-2010, 10:52 AM
BUFFALO BILLS FOOTBALL: The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Beebe's Kid
09-13-2010, 11:00 AM
I am confused how Ralph is responsible for the lack of offensive production that we saw yesterday. I know the sentiment that Ralph doesn't spend money, but I have never heard that he made demands that Trent stay.

Also, I have never heard that he anything except a desire to win.

I know we are frustrated, but I fail to see how he is the entire problem. I guess I could take that a step further and say that I don't really know if there isn't a solution to the problem in place.

Two days ago, we had some that were doing the annual "I think we'll surprise a lot of people" thing, and the "realists" that knew we wouldn't win more than 2 games. Either way, I don't think even us homers considered this season a lock. There has been a lot of talk of how many years it will take to get it right, but after one game, we're going after Ralph?

I don't even think the problem is Chan. I thought about it all night, and although it may seem like a simple answer, it has to boil down to Edwards isn't a game day QB. He might have great hair, and look good in practice, but when the pressure is on, he cracks.

I think either Fitzy, and maybe Brohm, would be a better option. Fitzy at least puts us in a spot to take some chances, and to make somebody think we are at least going to try. Brohm, who I am a fan of, is the unknown. I know he has had his struggles, but he's been in one game that counted.

I don't think that Chan is going to like looking like a moron too long, and if it is Edwards that is too scared to do what he needs to do, then it is Edwards that will be benched. It isn't going to take too long to realize that he is never going to give you, in a game, what he gave you in practice. A billboard won't be necessary.

How about something for the players that actually try? The guys that see their chances at a championship grown slimmer by the 3 and out, that give their blood, sweat, and tears to this team? I know we would never do anything positive, because that isn't what you do anymore. We have to let them know what the OWE us.

Historian
09-13-2010, 11:04 AM
BRING PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL BACK TO BUFFALO!!!

DraftBoy
09-13-2010, 11:06 AM
I am confused how Ralph is responsible for the lack of offensive production that we saw yesterday. I know the sentiment that Ralph doesn't spend money, but I have never heard that he made demands that Trent stay.

Also, I have never heard that he anything except a desire to win.

I know we are frustrated, but I fail to see how he is the entire problem. I guess I could take that a step further and say that I don't really know if there isn't a solution to the problem in place.

Two days ago, we had some that were doing the annual "I think we'll surprise a lot of people" thing, and the "realists" that knew we wouldn't win more than 2 games. Either way, I don't think even us homers considered this season a lock. There has been a lot of talk of how many years it will take to get it right, but after one game, we're going after Ralph?

I don't even think the problem is Chan. I thought about it all night, and although it may seem like a simple answer, it has to boil down to Edwards isn't a game day QB. He might have great hair, and look good in practice, but when the pressure is on, he cracks.

I think either Fitzy, and maybe Brohm, would be a better option. Fitzy at least puts us in a spot to take some chances, and to make somebody think we are at least going to try. Brohm, who I am a fan of, is the unknown. I know he has had his struggles, but he's been in one game that counted.

I don't think that Chan is going to like looking like a moron too long, and if it is Edwards that is too scared to do what he needs to do, then it is Edwards that will be benched. It isn't going to take too long to realize that he is never going to give you, in a game, what he gave you in practice. A billboard won't be necessary.

How about something for the players that actually try? The guys that see their chances at a championship grown slimmer by the 3 and out, that give their blood, sweat, and tears to this team? I know we would never do anything positive, because that isn't what you do anymore. We have to let them know what the OWE us.

Its simple people want to blame somebody and he's a common target. Deserved or undeserved is not the point. People are pissed off (and have every right to be) and are going to lash out in every direction.

G Wolly
09-13-2010, 12:10 PM
"Stop asking to make more billboards"

Is what mine would say.

trapezeus
09-13-2010, 02:52 PM
i'd first make sure ralph hasn't also cornered the billboard market in buffalo. I'd hate to give the guy any more money before i write a nasty gram directed at him.

Johnny Bugmenot
09-13-2010, 06:05 PM
BRING PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL BACK TO BUFFALO!!!
"Ladies and gentlemen, we present the Buffalo Bullets of the Bum**** Egypt Indoor Football League!"

chubluv
09-13-2010, 10:51 PM
"Give us something to Billieve in"

Billz_fan
09-13-2010, 10:56 PM
i'd first make sure ralph hasn't also cornered the billboard market in buffalo. I'd hate to give the guy any more money before i write a nasty gram directed at him.

LMAO, yeah all the money Ralphy has banked he invested in billboards. Every time we throw one up he makes a killing :laughter:

BertSquirtgum
09-13-2010, 11:08 PM
not another billboard...............

Billz_fan
09-13-2010, 11:12 PM
not another billboard...............

Thread was made in sarcasm and asked "IF' there was one what would you write ?

TMu11
09-14-2010, 05:51 AM
"Maybe Next Year..."

TacklingDummy
09-14-2010, 06:40 AM
"Maybe Next Year..."
"Maybe 2021"

ChristopherWalken
09-14-2010, 06:59 AM
HELP WANTED:
QB FOR HIRE
Requirements:
Good pocket presence. Can easily determine the difference between a safety and a WR. Not afraid to take hit. Can pass the ball >30 yards in shoulder pads.
Must have his own offensive line.
Current/former California residents need not apply.

Novacane
09-14-2010, 07:33 AM
10 years of losing. 5 head coaches, 4 GM's, 5 QB's
Can we please get rid of the 1 thing that's stayed the same???

Jan Reimers
09-14-2010, 07:54 AM
I was not in favor of the last billboard, but if we have a couple more games like last Sunday, I just may come around.

trapezeus
09-14-2010, 09:00 AM
HELP WANTED:
QB FOR HIRE
Requirements:
Good pocket presence. Can easily determine the difference between a safety and a WR. Not afraid to take hit. Can pass the ball <30 yards in shoulder pads.
Must have his own offensive line.
Current/former California residents need not apply.

you might want to say > instead of <. < is less than. we already have that in abundance on our team. We are looking for a QB who can throw > than 30 yards. and he doesn't have to just be a bomb machine, he has to be willing to throw a 15 yard seam pass with a defender on him.

ChristopherWalken
09-14-2010, 10:12 AM
you might want to say > instead of <. < is less than. we already have that in abundance on our team. We are looking for a QB who can throw > than 30 yards. and he doesn't have to just be a bomb machine, he has to be willing to throw a 15 yard seam pass with a defender on him.
As was my intent. Good catch :)