anyone get the sneaking suspicion this was just for the lockout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

anyone get the sneaking suspicion this was just for the lockout?

This teams effort on Sunday was so pathetic, I could only assume Nix and Gailey were told, "no" on every request they made.

Gailey, "i need a QB"
    Ralph "no"

Nix " can i get a LT or a tackle, or hell a guy who can make a tackle on this team."
    ralph "no"

This team totally looked like a cost saving move. To not have any real moves to bring in talent on a roster devoid of talent and heart suggests to me that the team simply wanted to lower the payroll and skip on long contracts until after teh lockout was behind them.

Anyone think the same thing?
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: anyone get the sneaking suspicion this was just for the lockout?

or after the new owners take over.

need some reference material? Add Major League to your Netflix queue.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• trapezeus
      Legendary Zoner
      • Oct 2004

i wouldn't blame them if they could guarantee the team was here long term. but since they haven't, i'm kind of annoyed. if we only have like 2-3 more years with this team, effing do something. Give us a shot. I feel like we're in third class on the titanic. "Give us a shot man. You cna't keep us down here like rats!"

op, grab the bench, we're busting our 3rd class brethren out of steerage.

Comment

• Mahdi
        • Mar 2004

Originally posted by trapezeus
        This teams effort on Sunday was so pathetic, I could only assume Nix and Gailey were told, "no" on every request they made.

Gailey, "i need a QB"
        Ralph "no"

Nix " can i get a LT or a tackle, or hell a guy who can make a tackle on this team."
        ralph "no"

This team totally looked like a cost saving move. To not have any real moves to bring in talent on a roster devoid of talent and heart suggests to me that the team simply wanted to lower the payroll and skip on long contracts until after teh lockout was behind them.

Anyone think the same thing?
        Very possible.

It's one of two things:

1. They are building for the future through the draft and draft ONLY

2. Ralph is not letting them acquire players to fix holes because he doesn't want to sign players that won't play in 2011. Ralph was the biggest opponent to the current state of the league so it wouldn't surprise me.

Comment

• billz83
          • Mar 2010

Ralph Wilson is hands down the biggest sabotager of this team..he has had a salvation army approach to running an NFL franchise..worst enemy the bills will ever have is itz owner who has run this team into the ground..This team WILL NEVER see success as long as WILSON is around i am 100% convinced of this.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
            Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER
            • Jan 2010

[quote=billz83]Ralph Wilson is hands down the biggest sabotager of this team..he has had a salvation army approach to running an NFL franchise..worst enemy the bills will ever have is itz owner who has run this team into the ground..This team WILL NEVER see success as long as WILSON is around i am 100% convinced of this.[/quo

ENOUGH!

we had great success in the 90s.... DUH!

Comment

• Mad Max
              Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
              • Mar 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
              or after the new owners take over.

need some reference material? Add Major League to your Netflix queue.

Maybe we just need some Jobu up in this mutha****a!

Comment

• trapezeus
                Legendary Zoner
                • Oct 2004

[quote=JOHN DELLAPELLE]
                Originally posted by billz83
                Ralph Wilson is hands down the biggest sabotager of this team..he has had a salvation army approach to running an NFL franchise..worst enemy the bills will ever have is itz owner who has run this team into the ground..This team WILL NEVER see success as long as WILSON is around i am 100% convinced of this.[/quo

ENOUGH!

and then he fired the only reason the team was good. The guy can't get out of his own way. He is the original Russ Brandon. A business man who wants to be a football guy.

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by JOHN DELLAPELLE
                  ENOUGH!

Ignorant.

Ralph's been in charge of the team since it's inception in 1960. He's had one good decade out of five. That's a 20% success rate, which is ****ing terrible.

He's also the only consistent factor during all the team's struggles since 1960. GM's, FO staff, coaches and players come and go, but Ralph always remains. He's a HUGE part of the problem.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• billz83
                    • Mar 2010

[/quo
                    ENOUGH!

we had great success in the 90s.... DUH![/quote]

Um ur delusional..u give Wilson credit for that??! most knowledge fans know who we can thank for those years..heres a hint his last name was polian..and just so therez no confusion itz not the 90z anymore itz actually 2010 and we havent been to the playoffs in 10 years..

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

and polian fell into his lap, and he fired him. and he luckily had butler who was right there to do everything on a continuity level, and he went ahead and fired him. and then he latched on to a meaningless piece of the cowher/Donahoe feud.

The guy has no eye for football. he's just the money

Comment

• more cowbell
                        • Apr 2006

the direction this team has been heading in the past decade, almost guarantees they will not be in buffalo in a few years.

especially with that ****sucker as the comissioner
                        The last time the Bills made the playoffs was 1999.

Comment

Working...
                        X